Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mr.AK is offline Junior Member

Recovering from steroids 2 years later.

Hello I am 22 years old, from when I was 17 until I was 20 I messed around with steroids . Back then I had an invincible mentality in life. I felt the rules did not apply to me. I didnt think steroids would harm me but now I believe that have have harmed me and have left some long lasting side effects that may effect me for life. During the past 2 years I have been experiencing severe anxiety, erection problems,shrunken testicles......dude they are way smaller than they used to be....... no energy,trouble recovering from not just working out but from work. I feel sick and I have been to the doctor many times in the last few years not admitting to my usage, asking for blood tests they will not give me. I plan on making a doctors appointment to admit my usage and demand getting blood tests done. I researched what tests I need to get done. I am going to try to get them to let me see an endo. It is pretty difficult to get anything from kaiser, thats my health insurance, I pay 100 dollars a month for this crap. Any advice on how to get them to refer me to an endo? I would rather have an endo help me out than doing it myself, as it is difficult taking research chemicals with my anxiety. I have attempted taking toremifine twice in the past year and stopped due to getting really bad anxiety, just last week I tried to take it again and I got a nose bleed and I started freaking out. It would be nice to know what im taking is actually what im supposed to be taking. And to be monitored by a doctor. I dont plan on taking steroids again, unless I need hrt. I just want to be a normal guy, no anxiety no erection problems. I dont drink or smoke or do drugs and I eat a healthy diet. Im 5 11 and I weigh 180. under 10 percent body fat. I exercise everyday. I would like to get my balls back and get get on track. I want to get this taken care of ASAP. If I cant get help from the doctor I plan on helping my self and assuming all the risks involved, any advice?

gthom47 is offline Associate Member
    man that sucks. this is a prime example of why they should not be used by anyone under the age of 25. what you need to do is get the tests done to see what damage there is and then tell your doctor what happened. dont try to take anything else yourself, wait till you see a doctor. did u do a proper pct after ur cycles when u were younger?

warren916 is offline Associate Member
    Kaiser is denying you blood tests?? That doesnt sound right, i had kaiser for many years...

Anyway, you need bloodwork to check your hormones. That will give you the answer you need.

But from the sounds of it (your permanent testicular atrophy) your body is no longer producing test.

Quote Originally Posted by warren916 View Post
    Kaiser is denying you blood tests?? That doesnt sound right, i had kaiser for many years...

Anyway, you need bloodwork to check your hormones. That will give you the answer you need.

But from the sounds of it (your permanent testicular atrophy) your body is no longer producing test.
    Well when you ask the doctor for blood tests and your 22 years old the doctor thinks your crazy,lol. I never told them i did the juice for fear of my insurance being affected? But I am going to take that step this week. My steroid usage was very erratic, I never did a correct cycle or did proper pct, I was basically on and off for about 3 years.

There is alot of things to test for what tests should I ask for?

gthom47 is offline Associate Member
    tell ur doctor what u did and ask for a totally comprehensive blood work. most doctors will know what to do.

warren916 is offline Associate Member
    Tell him you want to check your test levels, your an athlete and want to know, not a big deal.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Simply tell him you dont feel right, things arent working as should be etc and if he wont do blood work get another doctor.

PurpleOnes is offline Associate Member
    Kinda sucks that you started so early , those things mostly come when your still growing.

oldschoolfitness is offline Associate Member
    man i hate to hear that. the insurance thing is kinda fu--ed up!! i don't see how they can turn you down i always have a small % to pay for special stuff. but i think blood test is only like 20 bucks for me. hope you get that worked out. research it more and get some good info if they pull that crap just mention lawyer and that tends to change minds very quick.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.AK View Post
    Well when you ask the doctor for blood tests and your 22 years old the doctor thinks your crazy,lol. I never told them i did the juice for fear of my insurance being affected? But I am going to take that step this week. My steroid usage was very erratic, I never did a correct cycle or did proper pct, I was basically on and off for about 3 years.
    get a new doctor and come clean with the next one if you dont want to tell him you injected say you took some prohormone crap and now you have these symptoms and you feel you may have done some damage. remember these docs work for you if you request blood its not for him to deny that request, fu** that sh**!
    Last edited by MBMETC; 05-02-2011 at 10:46 AM.

batfink0 is offline Junior Member
    This thread should be locked.... and made into a "MUST READ" for all members.
    I'm very sorry to hear what happened to you, but you obviously seem to have come to terms with your mistakes. Make sure you spread the word about the dangers of taking AAS at such a young age. Don't let it happen to someone else. I know personally, I will be directing all young competitors to this thread for an instant wake-up call on why AAS are not for people under 25.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    You might have to pay out of pocket (worst case). At least then you'd be off the insurance books and can be honest. But another thing you can say is that you've been messing with bodybuilding supplements at GNC and ever since then you've been experiencing these problems. The FDA doesn't regulate them that well and some times products are spiked with AAS or PH to give people the results the products claim to give. If they ask you which ones you took, just say something like "them all" or just "various creatines."

umber100 is offline New Member
    dammit op i dont mean to be rude but idiots like you are why steroids get so much hate, especially when 19-20yr olds want to use

masso123 is offline Junior Member
    I did the exact thing you did, but i only cycled for a year at 18 now at 22 i have the same symptons as you but what helped me with my libido was provirion. It boosted it up and havent had problems since.

Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good luck to you bro. Take the advice from the board and see a Doc..........Hope things work themselves out.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Hmmm...
    Hello I am 22 years old, from when I was 17 until I was 20 I messed around with steroids .
    Just out of curiousity, do you remember what and how much you took?
    Did you have ANY of these problems before aas?

Back then I had an invincible mentality in life. I felt the rules did not apply to me. I didnt think steroids would harm me but now I believe that have have harmed me and have left some long lasting side effects that may effect me for life. During the past 2 years I have been experiencing severe anxiety,
    Continuously, or intermittently?

erection problems,shrunken testicles......
    Continuously, or intermittently?

dude they are way smaller than they used to be....... no energy,trouble recovering from not just working out but from work. I feel sick and I have been to the doctor many times in the last few years not admitting to my usage, asking for blood tests they will not give me.
    MB is right, you simply need a NEW doctor. A person with even ¼ of your problems warrants a full blood work up and lipid panel. Stop messing around and get a new doc.

I plan on making a doctors appointment to admit my usage and demand getting blood tests done. I researched what tests I need to get done.
    Let the new doc will tell you what’s wrong, there’s no need to go into full disclosure, that’s just the frustration talking.

I am going to try to get them to let me see an endo.
    That’s the logical progression.

It is pretty difficult to get anything from kaiser, thats my health insurance, I pay 100 dollars a month for this crap. Any advice on how to get them to refer me to an endo? I would rather have an endo help me out than doing it myself, as it is difficult taking research chemicals with my anxiety.
    You’ll likely get a script for TRT and Synthroid (a custom preparation of T3 & T4), but customization is the key, they’ll need to tailor all your dosages and monitor your progress. Don’t bother with self remedies, the time for that has long passed.

I have attempted taking toremifine twice in the past year and stopped due to getting really bad anxiety, just last week I tried to take it again and I got a nose bleed and I started freaking out. It would be nice to know what im taking is actually what im supposed to be taking. And to be monitored by a doctor. I dont plan on taking steroids again, unless I need hrt.
    You’re right, I hadn’t read this far yet.

I just want to be a normal guy, no anxiety no erection problems. I dont drink or smoke or do drugs and I eat a healthy diet. Im 5 11 and I weigh 180. under 10 percent body fat. I exercise everyday. I would like to get my balls back and get get on track. I want to get this taken care of ASAP. If I cant get help from the doctor I plan on helping my self and assuming all the risks involved, any advice?
    Relax you’ll be fine. Get a recommendation from someone you trust on a good GP (general practitioner), he’ll take care of the rest.
    Best to you.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by umber100 View Post
    dammit op i dont mean to be rude but idiots like you are why steroids get so much hate, especially when 19-20yr olds want to use
    an idiot doesnt admit to and learn from mistakes. op obviosly did and now sets a great example for other youngsters wanting to run aas

bruary17 is offline Member
    This may sound silly, but trust me homey...it saved my anxiety ridden ass. I was so bad I couldn't leave my bed for two weeks! No lie! From Panic To Power by Lucinda Basset. You won't regret it. And of course go to the Dr. and get all that other shit figured out. Good luck, bud!

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you have not done anything in two years and you are still having significant problems then the likelyhood that you just need a little more time to snap back is not likely. I would not wait and would take some kind of action, even if you have to go out of pocket for this you need to do something as this is likely to affect your productivity and happiness the rest of your life. I you can get a job that offers good insurance that would probably be your best move as most of them do not require a screeing and most do not have exclusionary clauses that would exempt you from care.

If you do not or can not go the medical route with out of pocket payment of good medical insurance then,

The other course of action if you have just been "OFF" for two years would be getting you own lab work done to make sure you do not have any unusual conditions and then running a very strong PCT and seeing what happens...This is not the best choice but its certainly better than doing nothing at all.

Its up to you but don't let Kaiser railroad you into apathy.

RW3333 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magic32 View Post
    Hmmm...

Best to you.
    Why synthroid too brother?

RW3333 is offline Associate Member
    Magic 32 is absolutley correct. You will be fine. Either you will be put on TRT or they may consider HcG to restart the testicles. The traditional approach is to allow the body to recover naturally without any additional hormones. Anabolics may have an effect on your thyroid/TSH through your TBG which is maybe why Magic 32 things they may give you synthroid . So many people have been where you are, no need to worry. HcG might be your best bet to see if you can coax your testicles to return to normal. The effects of low testosterone are no fun to live with. I would follow Magic's advice, you will be fine. Either way with trt or some type of pct youll be able to be back to normal. Good luck brother!

unexpected is offline New Member
    Afternoon guys,

Thought id add my 2c worth on this story. I did a cycle together with a friend when i was around 22. It was our first cycle, and we both did the same compounds. 8 weeks worth of Prop @ 100mg ed, and stana @ 100mg ed, with PCT in place using nolva and clomid. We did just about everything the same, eat, train etc. At the end of the cycles, which as i mentioned were done in conjuction with each other, our PCT was the only difference.

We had slightly different gains, as we had different body types. Personally, i felt great on the gear, loved training, ate well, and saw some very positive outcomes at the end of the 8 weeks. Started off @ 90kg and 10% bf, ended up @ 97kg with 8% bf and looked shredded and healthy after with only one side effect during the cycle - I WAS AS HORNY AS A DOG ON HEAT! but i saw that as a positive.

Any way, my friend started his PCT and after a week, thought he was done with it, and stopped taking it.. He lost the majority of his gains, had some issues with gyno, issues with his penis functioning properly, and for some reason, blood preassure was through the roof, and he fell into some type of depressive state, rearly happy etc. Thankfully, i managed to drag him to a family doctor, with who we were always open with, and explained exactly what we'd done. The doc did the necessary tests, and with in a few weeks he was back to normal.

The point of the story is dont wait until its too late mate, my friend, thankfully went and did something about it immidiately, recovered very well and is now into his 3rd or 4th cycle with no issues, because he is doing everything by the book, and the way it should be done. I dont quite understand how your health system works, as im in Australia, but id imagine that it couldnt be too hard to find a doc thats willing to help.

Take the word of the alot of the guys who have commented on this thread, and do something about it before it gets any worse. I cant say i regret doing a cycle at the age of 22, but if i knew what i know now, i would have waited until i was over 25. Im now 26 and have been training naturally for over 2years (had a year off) thoroughly, and am only now looking to do another cycle, but not until i have dragged out what every my body has to give size wise naturally. I will do another load of prop and stana as soon as im ready, as i had great results the first time.

I wont say goodluck, because u dont need luck - just need to make an appointment with a doc, who will eventually fix everything.

This is my first post under a new name.

All the best

Update: So I went to the doctor and they told me that they would test my testosterone and my thyroid.She told me she never heard of a comprehensive blood work. And she also told me that I would probably not see an endo. So now I'm going to go to a different doctor. Man Kaiser is such a pain in the ass.

Ok so I got my tests results back my total testosterone is 406 seems normal for a 60 year old.

RoidReaper is offline Member
    Ok so I got my tests results back my total testosterone is 406 seems normal for a 60 year old.
    I believe the normal range is 400-800. Still low for your age though id think so. However i know guys who are in the 300s with no problems. Hey guess everyones diff.

Maybe the anxiety is ****ing with your libido man. Ill tell you what, nothing will kill your dick/drive faster than stress/anxiety. Because if your at 406, your body is obviously still producing testosterone .

What was your Estrogen? DHT?

Yet again bloodwork doesnt really mean shit these days and most doctors are complete idiots. Seems like they hand out PHDs like candy.
    Last edited by RoidReaper; 05-29-2011 at 01:43 AM.

The only useful test I got done was my total testosterone the other tests were useless. I still need to make another appointment to get the other tests done and hopefully see an endo.

I was thinking about going outside kaiser to find an endo, but that might be costly. Hell I would save up the money just to be normal.

The only useful test I got done was my total testosterone the other tests were useless. I still need to make another appointment to get the other tests done and hopefully see an endo.
    Why are the other tests useless. Listen dude im around your age and ive done a shitload of research and im in the same damn boat as you. Unfortunately ive been cruising on test for a long time. So it may not be as bad as you, why am i staying on? Because im terrified whats gonna happen when i come off. Even me being on test, when my E2 is too high, my sex drive suffers until i get it under control.

It would be wise to get your estrogen checked.

Dont tell them about gear. Inssurance may not pay up because of that. Simply let them find out you have low(or zero) natural test production. Worst case scenario the endo puts you on HRT(or TRT) for the rest of your life. With Nebido on the market now, you wont even have to worry about too often injections.

I think telling them about using roids would only make things worst.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySidewalk View Post
    Dont tell them about gear. Inssurance may not pay up because of that. Simply let them find out you have low(or zero) natural test production. Worst case scenario the endo puts you on HRT(or TRT) for the rest of your life. With Nebido on the market now, you wont even have to worry about too often injections.

I think telling them about using roids would only make things worst.
    I wish a doc would put me on TRT. But then again im stupid lol. Carry-on and ignore me lol

I got another appointment for next week with a different doc, besides getting my testosterone checked what other tests should I get done?

• Total Testosterone
    • Bioavailable Testosterone (AKA “Free and Loosely Bound”)
    • Free Testosterone (if Bioavailable T is unavailable)
    • SHBG
    • DHT (perhaps)
    • Estradiol (specify “sensitive” assay for males)
    • LH
    • FSH
    • Prolactin
    • Cortisol
    • Thyroid Panel
    • CBC
    • Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
    • Lipid Profile
    • PSA (age dependent

MastaMan is offline Associate Member
    Why'd you stop taking aas?

Machinek69 is offline Junior Member
    I heard good things about Flex Wheeler's "test charge" through his web site. I haven't met or talked to any one personally about the product. Im not endorsing it but it might be relevant to you. Good luck with every thing.

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    400+ total test ain't that bad (i was expecting 100-150 by the symptoms you posted)... anyhu, its the free and bio-available test that really counts

It sucks you started early and may have caused some irreversible damage. I am even willing to bet that your ED stems from anxiety more than anything else

Sure, get your bloodwork done and supervised by a good doc... but also look into resolving your anxiety issues

Justhav2p is offline Junior Member
    This should be the first reference to the underage newbie!

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneInTheMembrane View Post
    400+ total test ain't that bad (i was expecting 100-150 by the symptoms you posted)... anyhu, its the free and bio-available test that really counts

It sucks you started early and may have caused some irreversible damage. I am even willing to bet that your ED stems from anxiety more than anything else

Sure, get your bloodwork done and supervised by a good doc... but also look into resolving your anxiety issues
    Agreed, anxiety will screw up your sex drive more than anything else dude. Your mind is horrible with that shit. If you think about it too much. Its not happenin!

Because i know people who have been on trt for yeaarsss with no sex drive problems, however they arent filled with anxiety either. Hes thinkin about it too much man.

You know what he needs to do, use some cialis to get a confidence boost.

TOkidd is offline Productive Member
    AK:

For short-term treatment of anxiety ask your doctor about putting you on a mild benzodiazapine like clonazepam. This is only a short-term solution - the pills can be physically and mentally addictive if taken improperly and for extended periods of time. The point is to take like 0.5mg only when you really need it. This way you will avoid the potential for addiction and get your anxiety under control in the short term while you figure out how to treat it long term. Take it from someone who has gone through severe anxiety and panic attacks, things like breathings exercises, yoga, meditation, cognitive-behavioral therapy are the best non-chemical ways to treat the condition. But like I said, in the mean time, your doctor should have no qualms prescribing you clonazepam to treat anxiety attacks, but make sure you look into non-chemical treatments like the ones I mentioned above in the mean time.

TOkidd

Why not try GnRH?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information