viking88 is offline Associate Member

20 years old. full of regrets

im new to this forum.. the reading material and your knowledge has been very informative..so ill just get to the point.

in high school at the age of about 15 i ran my first couple prohormone cycles. i responded well so i thought id use real gear instead. i used heavy cycles of AAS( with no pct) from about 17.5 - 19.5, with relatively no sides.(test cyp, test enth, deca durabolin , anadrol , winstrol , dbol , sus 250)

fast forward almost 3 years and i am now 20 years old but feel like an old man. feel lethargic, no sex drive,brain fog, no motivation. im just not there. it is very depressing. if i could just go back in time or press some magic button to make this go all away i would. but i have to deal with the consequences of my actions.

so i guess my question is would an endo consider me a candidate for HRT? and if so, are their any younger guys around my age on this forum that are in a similar position as me? has HRT benefited you?

Str8Jakked is offline Associate Member
    If there is any thread that I have ever seen that should be a candidate for a sticky- this is it.

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You are 20, HRT would mean 60+ years of HRT. In your shoes, I would try other avenues first.

First, jump over to the PCT (post cycle therapy ) forum and read up on PCT. Second, get some bloodwork done and see why you are having issues. For all you know you have great T levels but something else is wrong. Obviously, the cycles are the main suspect, but you should confirm that your problems are hormonal via bloodwork.

Baseline, you need Testosertone (total and free, bioavailable is also a good one to get), E2 (sensative), LH, and FSH. These are the mimimal hormones to test for for isolating T issues. You really want a bunch more for overall health. You also want thyroid tests too.

Maybe PCT would set you straight, or at least get you close to good. If you need more than PCT, you definately need a doc for this, but a good doc who knows TRT, and cycles. Those are not easy to come by. Maybe you can get a recommendation over in the PCT forum. If you can't, start with an endo. Some people have better luck with a urologist.

Good luck with this. Bad judgement as a youth should not cost you a lifetime of suffering; hopefully you can get this straightened out.

thank you i will see to it that i get that type of bloodwork.
    and yes i have already had thyroid tests done so im almost positive this is from the gear..

i might be wrong but i think i have read instances where all i need might be some hcg to get my test production back and running again?
    i really dont want to be on HRT for any significant amount of time, trust me, but id rather do that then feel the way i do at such a young age.

and as far as an endo goes, will he/she discriminate me purely on my age and the decisions i made in the past? im just wondering what the most likely outcome is going to be from the visit..

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by viking88 View Post
    and as far as an endo goes, will he/she discriminate me purely on my age and the decisions i made in the past? im just wondering what the most likely outcome is going to be from the visit..
    The first visit will most likely be an order for bloodwork, and possibly a lecutre. The 2nd visit, after the bloodwork results, will most likely be another lecture and possibly some help in terms of HCG , Clomid, etc. I really doubt you will get hCG and Clomid, but it is possible. This is why I suggested you go over to PCT and do your research there; post this over there. HRT is a bunch of old guys who don't do PCT. Not really the folks you want guiding you through this. We can only suggest bloodwork and moving to the PCT forum.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by GotNoBlueMilk View Post
    You are 20, HRT would mean 60+ years of HRT. In your shoes, I would try other avenues first.

First, jump over to the PCT (post cycle therapy ) forum and read up on PCT. Second, get some bloodwork done and see why you are having issues. For all you know you have great T levels but something else is wrong. Obviously, the cycles are the main suspect, but you should confirm that your problems are hormonal via bloodwork.

Baseline, you need Testosertone (total and free, bioavailable is also a good one to get), E2 (sensative), LH, and FSH. These are the mimimal hormones to test for for isolating T issues. You really want a bunch more for overall health. You also want thyroid tests too.

Maybe PCT would set you straight, or at least get you close to good. If you need more than PCT, you definately need a doc for this, but a good doc who knows TRT, and cycles. Those are not easy to come by. Maybe you can get a recommendation over in the PCT forum. If you can't, start with an endo. Some people have better luck with a urologist.

Good luck with this. Bad judgement as a youth should not cost you a lifetime of suffering; hopefully you can get this straightened out.
    great advice AS USUAL...

op...yes there are some younger guys around here in your shoes...some will chime in when they see this post but as advised already...take those steps and do everything right this time around...your young and there are a lot of things that can help...be patient and follow procedure/advice this time....

good luck and keep us posted please

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GotNoBlueMilk View Post

First, jump over to the PCT (post cycle therapy) forum and read up on PCT. Second, get some bloodwork done and see why you are having issues. For all you know you have great T levels but something else is wrong. Obviously, the cycles are the main suspect, but you should confirm that your problems are hormonal via bloodwork.

i think you have these in the wrong order mate......

lifter65 is offline Associate Member
    yeah im 19 and WAS on trt, it definately helped but after a few weeks sort of went away, i found out i have way more issues than just low t, so i went to dr crisler and he will straighten me out, i have faith

dr crisler?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    dr crisler?
    yes ....THE name in hrt ...

go to allthingsmale.com

enjoy

Crilser has worked with men in your exact situation. He's one of the best. You need his type of care as it's very specialized you need to get well...and soon. Too young to be in the space you are in my friend.

thanks for all the replies, it appears that hes in michigan though.. other side of the country for me.

and yes this is very frustrating, just wish i never used gear at such a young age. i would say it is going to be an epidemic soon, id say 4 out of 10 kids i knew in highschool were on aas.

anyways im trying to get referalls for endos in my area as we speak, ill post up my bloodwork as soon as i get it and keep you all posted.. thanks again
    Last edited by viking88; 07-11-2011 at 11:15 AM.

Dragon666 is offline Junior Member
    Regret is a thief dude... and for every problem is an equal opportunity. I'm in the same boat as you -- nearly the same age as well. I've embraced it man, just accepted that I'm going to have to take control of my horomones, get educated, empowered and enforce my will to be and stay healthy.

On the bright side, being as educated as I am now, and you will be too, there may be a career opportunity with this spreading hypogonadism 'epidemic' you speak of! Maybe testosterone will be the NEW rave... not out of desire to be BIG, but necessity to stay healthy... hmmm...

lifter65 is offline Associate Member
    thanks for all the replies, it appears that hes in michigan though.. other side of the country for me.

and yes this is very frustrating, just wish i never used gear at such a young age. i would say it is going to be an epidemic soon, id say 4 out of 10 kids i knew in highschool were on aas.

anyways im trying to get referalls for endos in my area as we speak, ill post up my bloodwork as soon as i get it and keep you all posted.. thanks again
    hate to tell you this, but if your in range an endo most likely will tell you that your normal, then you wait to see another endo, then bloodtests, then another, and so on, its a dead end, just go see crisler itll save you in the long run

yes your right just in the couple days of reading on this forum ive gained so much insight and knowledge on this subject. so now im just applying the "it could be worse" mentality..

and as far as being in a similar position as me.. are you on hrt? what steps have you done to take control of this problem..

lifter65, im in so cal..

too busy with school to fly out to michigan

Thread Information