Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member

Help the Doc get to 12%

So the story goes iv been injured for a long while now with tendinitis. Can only train legs, abs and cardio 0! Upper body, which has killed me, dropped almost 18lbs since I had to stop training :-( but im on the road to recovery and the real doctor has given me the green light to start training properly again in about 6 weeks.

Stats
    Weight: 170 :-(
    Height 5”8’
    Bf%: 14%
    Goals: Reach 12% and then reassess from there

Training cardio twice a day 6 days a week. Fasted cardio in the am and gym and cardio in the pm. I will also be implementing a clen cycle, but not yet. Also on 2iu a day gh for my injury.

Ok il lay out what iv got…

5.30am
    2 x Amino Acid tablets
    Black coffee

Pro/Fat/Carbs/Cals
    6.4g/4g/10g/87

GYM
    6am-7.20am

7.30am
    Protein Shake

Pro/Fat/Carbs/Cals
    36g/7g/46g/397

10am
    200g - Chicken
    75g - Jasmine Rice
    15 x Almonds
    1 x Broccoli

Pro/Fat/Carbs/Cals
    70g/15g/34g/590

12.30pm
    185g - Tuna
    75g - Sweet Potato
    200g - Cucumber

Pro/Fat/Carbs/Cals
    24g/4g/22g/200

3.30pm
    200g - Chicken
    75g - Jasmine Rice
    15 x Almonds
    1 x Broccoli

Pro/Fat/Carbs/Cals
    70g/15g/34g/590

GYM
    5pm-5.20pm

05.30pm
    Protein Shake

Pro/Fat/Carbs/Cals
    36g/7g/46g/397

08.30pm
    5 x eggs (Omelette)
    50g - Mushrooms
    Herbs and spices (Random stuff for taste)

Pro/Fat/Carbs/Cals
    33g/35g/4g/461

Total:
    Pro/Fat/Carbs/Cals
    275g/87g/196g/2722

I could have it waayyy wrong here but thanks in advance guys for the help. Open to all criticism! Slimmer im looking at you for some help, please chime in Ms Diet Guru…
    Last edited by Dr Pepper; 08-25-2011 at 05:19 AM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Based on your stats, calories look mighty high IMO for a diet where cutting body fat is the primary goal. I'd bring all 3 macros down and get total calories down closer to 2200 or so.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Hey Doc!

Are you only drinking coffee and taking aminos before your workout in the morning? and then just a shake after the gym thus waiting to eat your first real meal 4.5 hours after getting up?
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Based on your stats, calories look mighty high IMO for a diet where cutting body fat is the primary goal. I'd bring all 3 macros down and get total calories down closer to 2200 or so.
    Thanks for the reply mate. I was thinking they were a little high. Il work something out in the next couple of days and post the adjusted diet up soon. Any other problems with it?

Thanks
    Last edited by Dr Pepper; 08-25-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Hey Doc!

Are you only drinking coffee and taking aminos before your workout in the morning? and then just a shake after the gym thus waiting to eat your first real meal 4.5 hours after getting up?
    Thanks slim!

Yeah you are correct in reading that, trying not to have much before cardio to get the whole fasted cardio thing going on. Then I don't settle into work till about 10am when I can eat, but I'm going to try and bring that down by at least an hour...

Anythhing else I can do?

Food choices look pretty decent. I'm at work so admittedly didn't look it over in detail, but at a glance there's nothing outstandingly bad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pepper View Post
    Thanks slim!

Yeah you are correct in reading that, trying not to have much before cardio to get the whole fasted cardio thing going on. Then I don't settle into work till about 10am when I can eat, but I'm going to try and bring that down by at least an hour...

Anythhing else I can do?
    Fasted cardio is one thing. However Not eating before a workout is another thing. You need fuel to workout. You need some FOOD!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Fasted cardio is one thing. However Not eating before a workout is another thing. You need fuel to workout. You need some FOOD!
    But isn't that the whole deal with fasted cardio. First thing in the am on an empty stomach so your body is dipping into your body fat stores for energy instead of just using energy from the food you've just eaten? And just having some amino's so your body isn't turning catabolic. I thought that's how iv read it... But open to other ways

Fasted cardio is on an empty stomach ( except BCAA's). But a workout should not be on a empty stomach and from the way it looks you are doing a workout on an empty stomach?
    Author Unknown

Ahhh yes now I see what your talking about! I will also make adjustments to that in the next two days and then il put up the revised diet. Thanks for your help :-)...

If there's anything else from anyone feel free to chime in

Ahhh yes now I see what your talking about! I will also make adjustments to that in the next two days and then il put up the revised diet. Thanks for your help :-)...

If there's anything else from anyone feel free to chime in
    Good! because if you do not eat before working out then it is counterproductive.

When you do your PM cardio are you doing it before your workout? or after your workout? after is better.....

You are welcome~
    Author Unknown

Yeah after Slim. So my body uses all it's energy stores for the weights and then hopefully once I'm done sort of be in a fasted cardio state again for the after gym cardio...

^^ you won't use all your energy stores, and you definitely won't be in a fasted state, however PWO is still a great time for cardio - it's just as good as am fasted IMO, albeit for different reasons.

PS - sorry if this was already addressed but I only skimmed the responses. I hope the fasted cardio is being done at relatively low intensity/steady state. The PWO cardio can be HIIT, or a combo of high followed by lower/steady state.

One more thing - I'm not a big glycemic index guy but the GI and GL of jasmine rice is around double that of brown rice or basmati rice. Probably not the best choice for cutting.

Jasmine rice does taste absolutely amazing though.

^^ you won't use all your energy stores, and you definitely won't be in a fasted state, however PWO is still a great time for cardio - it's just as good as am fasted IMO, albeit for different reasons.

PS - sorry if this was already addressed but I only skimmed the responses. I hope the fasted cardio is being done at relatively low intensity/steady state. The PWO cardio can be HIIT, or a combo of high followed by lower/steady state.
    The am cardio I stick to around 140bpm. Low to medium intensity. The afternoon iv been doing the same. You think high intencity is better for the afternoon? Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    One more thing - I'm not a big glycemic index guy but the GI and GL of jasmine rice is around double that of brown rice or basmati rice. Probably not the best choice for cutting.

Jasmine rice does taste absolutely amazing though.
    Jasmine rice is very nice. I hate brown rice but don't mind basmati. So I might swap them. Thanks for the help

The am cardio I stick to around 140bpm. Low to medium intensity. The afternoon iv been doing the same. You think high intencity is better for the afternoon? Why is that?
    High intensity/intervals is very effective at burning fat. It's not a must, but varied intensity is always best IMO. If you're doing 30 minutes for instance, do 15 of intervals followed by 15 mins of steady state.

High intensity/intervals is very effective at burning fat. It's not a must, but varied intensity is always best IMO. If you're doing 30 minutes for instance, do 15 of intervals followed by 15 mins of steady state.
    Ok no worries il have a better look into doing something like that for the afternoon cardio. Thanks again

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Your gym session in PM only 20mins? Is that typo? Diet looks good, but as stated too many cals.

Yeah typo mate meant to be an hour n 20... Thanks guys il be back shortly with the revised diet

Finishing touches, need help!!!

Last edited by Dr Pepper; 09-06-2011 at 04:51 AM.

Thread Information