TheDodgeFather is offline New Member

Plz Vets dont get bitter with my stupidity lol

Hey vets and newbies

I'm 29,6' 162 lbs ( on a good day ). I used to be roughly 175 but narc otics stole my soul and weight for many years. I am 2yrs clean and am on meth adio ne maintenance program which I should be off this year. My questions relate to bulking. I have read many articles.on nutrition. I am aware of.protein,calories etc intake daily but I have always been a skinny bugger. I work out 6 days a week hard. Isolating targeted groups daily. I started a tr e n,t e s t and soma tro pin cycle roughly 2 weeks who and am pumped to see where this goes. Any suggestions on a quicker way to gain weight ( good weight as muscle) and after I do a 10 em on teen and test ill be staying on the hgh for 6 mnths min. What's the best way to keep as much gains as.possible after a tri tr en and tes t cycle

I know a lot of.you guys will read the first two lines and say f this but I really do appreciate the replies not just views.

Thanks a bunch
    The dodgefatherp

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    perma gains = proper well thought and planned diet.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320 View Post
    perma gains = proper well thought and planned diet.
    diet is everything. its the most important part and the thing most people spend the least amount of time learning or following
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

I've heard many times by many bb 70 percent of gaining is diet and that working out is just a small percentage compared to nutrients .so I will honestly keep my knowledge growing and I will never say I know.enuf. always willing to learn and I thank you again for your input and quick replies. And dam your prof pic eh.your wife er? Daughter lol. Jk
    Thnx again

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    Never too late to start again, good for you. Diet is everything at your stage, along with consistency and routine. You're a LONG way from cycling though.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDodgeFather View Post
    I've heard many times by many bb 70 percent of gaining is diet and that working out is just a small percentage compared to nutrients .so I will honestly keep my knowledge growing and I will never say I know.enuf. always willing to learn and I thank you again for your input and quick replies. And dam your prof pic eh.your wife er? Daughter lol. Jk
    Thnx again
    do you also have your pct ready?
    its the wifey
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    give this a read.. it'll give you a good idea on how to gain n how many calories you should be eating

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread....#.T2DIKnhZ5bg

JDBeretta is offline Member
    Methadone is gonna make it a b**ch to gain quality muscle.

Good on you for cleaning up and getting your life heading in the right direction. I'd suggest that you drop your methadone dosage by 5-10mls a week until you're at 5mls and then by 2,2,1.

Basically, get off the methadone, keep training and working on your diet. Once you've cleaned it out of your system, get into a cycle or 2. I can't imagine how much more effective your efforts will be without the opiates in your system.

BBrian is offline Productive Member
    Well, first and foremost do not alter your methadone treatment plan. Staying off of opiates is priority #1, and lean muscle gains are secondary. Methadone has actually been shown to affect both weight gain and weight loss, as well as both stimulating the appetite and decreasing it. There are many variables to take into account where that lies, but when it comes to going into opiate withdrawal symptoms, taking methadone will actually stimulate the appetite. Methadone is not an opiate, just for the rest of your knowledge, it is an opioid (synthetic opiate) and acts differently in the body than opiates do, while still satisfying the opiate receptors. This is why it is useful in treating opiate addiction, and tapering off allows the brain to produce seratonin naturally, while tapering with opiates does not. At any rate, don't let methadone halt your weight gaining ambitions. You can gain weight just as well as the rest of us. The most important thing is to develop a disciplined diet, and the best way to do that is to determine how many calories you need daily and to start keeping a log of all of the food you eat throughout the day and use it to calculate your macros (protein, carbohydrates and fat). This way if at 5:00pm you realize that you've either eaten too much or not enough, you can spend the rest of the day taking in what you need to hit your target. It's also important to get on a weight lifting routine that will stimulate as much growth hormone release as possible while avoiding cortisol production by the body. It will benefit you greatly to spend some time in our Nutrition and Workout forums.

Quote Originally Posted by BBrian
    Well, first and foremost do not alter your methadone treatment plan. Staying off of opiates is priority #1, and lean muscle gains are secondary. Methadone has actually been shown to affect both weight gain and weight loss, as well as both stimulating the appetite and decreasing it. There are many variables to take into account where that lies, but when it comes to going into opiate withdrawal symptoms, taking methadone will actually stimulate the appetite. Methadone is not an opiate, just for the rest of your knowledge, it is an opioid (synthetic opiate) and acts differently in the body than opiates do, while still satisfying the opiate receptors. This is why it is useful in treating opiate addiction, and tapering off allows the brain to produce seratonin naturally, while tapering with opiates does not. At any rate, don't let methadone halt your weight gaining ambitions. You can gain weight just as well as the rest of us. The most important thing is to develop a disciplined diet, and the best way to do that is to determine how many calories you need daily and to start keeping a log of all of the food you eat throughout the day and use it to calculate your macros (protein, carbohydrates and fat). This way if at 5:00pm you realize that you've either eaten too much or not enough, you can spend the rest of the day taking in what you need to hit your target. It's also important to get on a weight lifting routine that will stimulate as much growth hormone release as possible while avoiding cortisol production by the body. It will benefit you greatly to spend some time in our Nutrition and Workout forums.
    My personal experience with methadone is that I put on weight, but it was like a bloated water weight. Motivation sucked, and appetite was increased, but more for junk food. My strength was terrible... Although it is a synthetic opiate (opioid), and is used for staying off of the opiates one may be struggling with, I would suggest that a first priority is to get off of it. If you can ween to minimize withdrawal, there is no reason to continue to put it into your body.

I've walked this path and know how hard it is, but once you get off of everything, you only then begin to see how much better everything is without it.

Quote Originally Posted by JDBeretta View Post
    My personal experience with methadone is that I put on weight, but it was like a bloated water weight. Motivation sucked, and appetite was increased, but more for junk food. My strength was terrible... Although it is a synthetic opiate (opioid), and is used for staying off of the opiates one may be struggling with, I would suggest that a first priority is to get off of it. If you can ween to minimize withdrawal, there is no reason to continue to put it into your body.

I've walked this path and know how hard it is, but once you get off of everything, you only then begin to see how much better everything is without it.
    Right on man, glad to see you've gotten through that. Opiate addiction is a big problem in the world today, and the relapse percentage of opiate use is overwhelming.

Appetite increase is just that, and it's up to you to use it responsibly. If you're hungry but craving junk, you're at least hungry and eating a well-seasoned chicken breast with a loaded baked potato satisfies hunger just as well as a #3 combo from Wendy's

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thnx again
    You say nothing in here about actually applying any of this new knowledge. How about work on getting off the methadone and eat 5 or six meals a day?

Quote Originally Posted by BBrian

Right on man, glad to see you've gotten through that. Opiate addiction is a big problem in the world today, and the relapse percentage of opiate use is overwhelming.

Appetite increase is just that, and it's up to you to use it responsibly. If you're hungry but craving junk, you're at least hungry and eating a well-seasoned chicken breast with a loaded baked potato satisfies hunger just as well as a #3 combo from Wendy's
    Hahahaha. True that!! But the chicken breast meal takes so long!! And I want my burger NOW! Lol

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    i never used it long term but i was on suboxone for a few months. As soon as i got sober i blew up, ate more then ever. you being a addict need to be careful of jumping from one addiction to the next(steroids in this case). I suggest you learn about diet a little bit before you start using anything.

Well I am trying to keep a 1.25 g protein for every pound of my ideal weight. Also am taking in a large amount of calories around 3500 I am very dependents on my shrug protein through shakes tho and I know its a supplement not a repla***ent. I cook chicken and fish like a mad man and drink a good 4itres of milk a day. I have struggled to get my appetite back since I've started the program. I was 140 lbs at my worst so my stomach shrank to say the least. I have gone down from 110 to 35 mg a day of merge and go down 5 every month as this is what has worked.best. I get very tired and lose my energy as well as appetite for the first week when I drop but then I am good. I will never ever go back. I know relapse is a possibility but I am way to strong to ever go back!!!! And I know juice can be a addiction as well I'm not here tho to do juice the rest of my life I only want to help gain what I've lost and get back to 180 lbs and start going forward with this new healthy aspect in life..I always loved working out but I lost a lot of ambitions when I was a addict. I'm ready to do this.right tho and if.I am going to quick I will.def slow.down.
    Thanks again for all your input

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    Im on aas for life, never see myself coming off for quite a few reasons. Look at aas like this though, you say your only going to use it to get to your 180lb body again right? But the first time you shot dope im sure you didnt think you would take it down the road nearly as far as you did. I know i sure as hell didnt. Have you thought about switchong to suboxone? it make functioning in a real world much easier then anybody i have ever seen using methadone. Message me if you want man and i wish you the best of luck

Awesome_Archy is offline Associate Member
    and drink a good 4itres of milk a day.
    I'd forget the milk and stick to water Or at least do 2% if your drinking whole. Keep the heart healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome_Archy View Post
    I'd forget the milk and stick to water Or at least do 2% if your drinking whole. Keep the heart healthy.
    I used to drink whole and 2% milk, but now I only use skim milk for drinking/oatmeal/etc. It has the least amount of sugar in it.

Agreed - it isn't so much the fat content, it's the lactose that one needs to be concerned with.
    Only time I use milk (fat free) is in my post workout shake.

double post

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    just off the top of my head.. you are over training if you want to bulk.. 6x week?? really? when do you expect the cns, or the muscle to rest/recover in order to grow..

2nd, food.. in your case you have probably been able to go long periods of time without it, and you need to retrain yourself to eat, the diet section will be a great place to learn that and to read up on bulking diets..

hope that helped, and congrats
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Thread Information