DallasLift is offline Junior Member

Starting Fortesta tomorrow

I'm 43 years old w/ total T of 302. Dr. is starting me on Foresta Gel 40mg ED. I'm curious if anyone has experience w/ Foresta? The dosage feels like if should be effective but I realize you do not absorb 100%.

One additional question. Dr. stated the fortesta gel is better than shots due to more stable test levels. Helps avoid hi/low issue each week. He was very open to injectibles but I went with the gel. He also gave me a coupon book that covers the 1st insurance copay and caps the next 11 refills at $25 each. What are opinions on injectibles vs gels?

sirupate is offline Member
    Gels work great for some guys...stable levels if you can absorb the gel well. Expensive though, as they are all still on patent. Injections are a reliable way of getting the test. into your system and are very inexpensive compared to the gels. The injections tend to give more of a roller-coaster effect in levels unless you inject at least weekly. Two or three week injection intervals are not good. How well either works is dependent on the protocol used and the individual.

I'd say most guys here prefer injecting.

J DIESEL3 is offline Associate Member
    Good for you Dallas you are on your way to feeling way better soon!Just give it a chance sometimes it takes time to get dialed in.

If your doctor is ok with you doing injections i say go for it!Most of the guys here have tried both and like injections better.

Ok most doctors have no idea about the half life of inject testosterone for some reason...They will try to give you a shot every 2 weeks or even once a month.This is a horrible way of dosing and no doubt it will bounce your test level up and way down!! Now if you were to inject every 3.5 days or even 1 time a week you would avoid this problem.Test cyp and test e peak around day 2 or 3 then start to slowly drop off after that.

Also i have used the gel and could not get my total test and free test up very much..At the end i was using over 100mg per day and my test was like 354. It just got very old covering a large area of my body in alcohol smelling gel every day. Good luck man

J DIESEL3 is offline Associate Member
    LOL i walked away for about 10 min then sirupate sent his in that's why they look the same. oh well you get the point dallas

Thanks for the feedback. I'll let you know how the gel,works once I get my prescription filled. Had an issue today when I went to get my prescription. Pharmacy is waiting for dr. to get insurance approval. I hope this is not a problem. Keeping fingers crossed

GFA
    GFA is offline Associate Member
    One of the things you can do to help with absorption is using a loofah in the shower before application of the gel. I also tried gel in the past and it brought my test level from 250 to around 300 (still below normal). I gave it another go earlier this year right before my initial BW and it came back 86 ng/DL (350-1200 range). So it did absolutely nothing.

Now I am on test - cyp 100mg a week 1x a week. Latest test my total T was 1044 ng/DL. Slight improvement

I like the injections better for a few reasons.

1. it works
    2. its easy, 1x a week
    3. dont have to worry about getting gel on your kids, family.
    4. CHEAP. 1 vial of test - cyp 200mg/ml 10ml vial will last 20 weeks at 100mg a week. Cant talk about pricing but lets just say if you average the cost over 20 weeks, its less than your copay per month.

rd27 is offline New Member
    FYI, Fortesta has a good patient savings program for the first year. For me it looks waaay cheaper than what my insurance wants me to pay (which is $180/month).

AndroGel has one also, from what I could tell its only for folks with a very low income.

d

vinceproduction is offline Associate Member
    Dallas, I just shot a 15 minute instructional video with Dr. Crisler dealing with transdermals including Fortesta. I should have it edited and up by the end of the week. He's got lots of tips for application and getting your money's worth from them. I'll start a thread as soon as its done.

rd27 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vinceproduction View Post
    Dallas, I just shot a 15 minute instructional video with Dr. Crisler dealing with transdermals including Fortesta. I should have it edited and up by the end of the week. He's got lots of tips for application and getting your money's worth from them. I'll start a thread as soon as its done.
    Very cool.

Jake14 is offline Junior Member
    I have used Fortesta. I think it is the best gel in the market. However, I prefer injections because (1) easily and quicker to administer. I do two injections a week. You can inject any time a day and don't have to wait until dry. (2) Only twice a week vs everyday. Easier if you go out of town for just a couple of days. (3) Can easily get higher test levels (4) Don't have to worry about transference (5) can easily swim. I would try Fortesta for a couple of months if you already have it then try injections then choose. If you have any issues getting insurance to pay for Fortesta I would go straight to injections. My insurance stopped paying for Fortesta and wanted me to go to Androgel . That is when I switched to injections.

When applying Fortesta, put a food service glove from on my hand ( I just asked a sandwich shop for some) a single glove would last about a month. I used a glove to minimize waste. Also, you can put some lotion on 3 hours later at the application site to increase absorption. Did you ask your Doctor about HCG ? If not, you should. It prevents testicular atrophy. Search this site for information. All though there a lot of considerations, all in all, once you get into a routine it is easy. Also, injections are easy because people use very find needles, 25 to 30 gauge so you do not feel them.

DallasLift

You are going to find that most guys on this site prefer injections. I have yet to try injections since Axiron has been working for me. I have very very pleased with the results but I have only been on Axiron for 3.5 months now.

In my opinion gels more closely mimic a human body's natural testosterone cycle provided one applies the gel in the morning. People naturally have higher testosterone levels during the morning and then the testosterone level gradually goes down as the day progresses. This daily cycle can't be mimicked using injections. (unless maybe one were to use a really short ester? prop?)

However some people don't absorb the gels efficiently.

I find that my absorption is the best if I apply my gel immediately after a nice hot shower.

Bloodwork in 3 or 4 weeks will tell you if you need a higher dose. (Along with noting how you feel.)
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 11-21-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Thread Information