Got Mac? is offline New Member

Start of an Abscess

Hey everyone,

This is my first cycle and I am only 2 injections in (supposed to do my third today). The first injection went well, hurt a bit but nothing too bad - all pain was completely gone by the time I was to do my second injection (3.5 days later).

My second injection was on Thursday around 8pm. Everything went fine and it didn't hurt too bad, was just like the first injection. But now it is a bit swollen, red and painful. I think it could be the start of an abscess, but i don't know for sure. I put a timeline below, i don't know if this helps at all.

Saturday Night (2 days after injection). Very painful. This is when I first noticed that this was not like the other shot. It wasn't red at this point. It was a bit swollen and it felt like there was a hard lump. I went in the shower and ran hot water over it and massaged it. This helped a bit.

Sunday Morning (2.5 days after injection). Less painful, but can still feel it. it still hurts to sit, walk, bend over but not as much as before. It started turning a bit red.

Monday Morning (3.5 days after injection, now). A little less painful. Definitely swollen. When I flex my ass usually I have those dimples, my left glut does not do this now. Its fairly red ad very spread out. I posted a picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	83189 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	122502

I should have taken my next shot this morning though I am hesitant. I need the use of at least one but cheek. Should I go the hospital? I have been looking online to see what an abscess looks like at the beginning, all I can find is pictures of horrible cases.

For those that want to know the cycle. I am taking 500mg Test E per week split into 2 injections. Taking 0.25mg arimidex every other day.

kolaking is offline Associate Member
    No your fine. But you are injecting way low it looks like.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    so its your first injection ever in that muscle?
    Do you have a fever?
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

I injected higher then it shows really, I don't know why the redness has spread so far. This is the first time injecting in this muscle. It concerns me because this did not happen when i injected into my right glute. It was a bit harder for me to reach this one and the needle may have moved around a bit more than the other.

It seems the pain is getting better with time, but it is also getting more red with time.

I don't think I have a fever. No cold sweats or anything.

The picture makes it look a little less red than it is.
    Last edited by Got Mac?; 04-30-2012 at 12:58 PM.

kolaking is offline Associate Member
    Your ok man, It's getting better sounds like. This happened to me once about 12 years ago, with Pharma gear to boot, it was red as hell, sore, and hot for about 4 days. I know it's scarry but you're fine bud. If it happens again with the same gear I would trash it.

It's pretty swollen but not hard. When I sit on the toilet it looks like my left cheek is a lot bigger than my right. Also if I flex my glutes and hit it, it jiggles. Is this pus? Do I just leave this and hope it goes away? Or should I attempt to drain it? It would be hard to drain because it's swollen over a large area. If you look at the picture that whole red area is where it is swollen.

I read that an antinflamitory may help. Should I just pop a couple Advil or is there something better that's over the counter?
    Last edited by Got Mac?; 04-30-2012 at 06:24 PM.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Ouch, man. . . . .

I'd give it maybe another day at most. If it does not get better, I would take my ass to the doc.

Infections aren't a joke. But, typically you will feel it(sick and feverish).

In the event that I do go to the Doctors. What do I tell him? I've read on the forums that some people say they used vitamin B12 injections as an excuse. But vitamin B12 requires a prescription to my knowledge.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    That's what I seen another guy say on here. Great Idea, I didn't think of it though.

Just say you bought some online or some BS like that. It is not a controlled substance.

trschnei is offline Junior Member
    I would tell him you went fishing and sat on a hook.. Healed.. But now you're having probs

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    You know you could say your girl was sewing something and you didn't see the needle and ended up sitting on it.

Thread Information