gymsoldier is offline Associate Member

GymSoldier's Lean Bulk

So here's my basic template (See attached picture).

EDIT: SEE POST #21 FOR NEW DIET V3!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Diet May 2012.JPG 
Views:	330 
Size:	152.2 KB 
ID:	123205

Meals are grouped into two categories: Protein/Fat & Protein/Carbohydrates.
    Three meals daily of each category, totalling six meals.

Current Problems:
    -Protein too low.
    -BMR + Activity = 2700cals.
    -Need to increase calories.

More calories will be introduced through fruit.
    Calories are not being counted from vegetables.

So all help and advice will greatly appreciated.

GymSolider
    Last edited by gymsoldier; 05-24-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    What are your stats?

You can increase carbs easy enough from something other than too much fruit. Why only 3 carb meals?

30% fats is pretty high, any reason?

Protein consumption is easily increased if you consume more protein (obvious I know but why is it a problem?)
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    What are your stats?
    25yo
    5' 11" (On a good day)
    11st 2lb
    8% BF (Just finished a cut, was down at 7% two weeks ago)

You can increase carbs easy enough from something other than too much fruit. Why only 3 carb meals?
    Working from the idea of separating carb and fat meals

30% fats is pretty high, any reason?
    It just panned out that way after adding up the macros for all meals. The bulk of fats come from the three Pro/Fat meals.

Protein consumption is easily increased if you consume more protein (obvious I know but why is it a problem?)
    No problem increasing protein consumption, question is what meals to increase protein in, or is it increase them in all?

Separating carb and fat meals is an old idea. Unless you specifically want a high fat meal there is no need. You are going to need carbs to bulk and carbs above fat. I wouldn't have fats anywhere above 20%, my current lean bulk is 16% fat.

You've seen my eating plan, even if you do go for 6 meals then there's no reason why your macro split should be much different even if your cals are.

What cals are you aiming for?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

-Double Post-
    Last edited by gymsoldier; 05-22-2012 at 12:21 PM.

Time to go back to the drawing board and redo my current diet, won't take me that long, will post the new diet tonight.

Goal is 3000Kcals a day (workout days, as per diet posted) for the next four weeks until I re-evaluate my weight and BF before the end of June.
    Non-workout days will be the same meals minus "Meal Three" (PWO shake - 447Kcals), although I've recently been told that I am getting no extra benefit from Dextrose as opposed to Oats PWO.

Are you suggesting each meal should be the same Kcal/Pro/Carb/Fat?

Forgot to mention; although LBM is obviously end goal, I would prefer BF% not going above 10%.

I have a lot of macro's to get in each meal so I just split equally. If you are eating right before bed you may choose not to have carbs in that meal but it doesn't really matter. Just hit your macro's. If you were training first thing if definitely have carbs in my last meal.

So you aiming for pro - 240, carbs 360 and fats about 50g? My pro is maxed at 280 and that's prob a little high and I have about 12 lean lbs on you.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Oh, and definitely drop those sugars in favour of a complex carb!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

V2! (Thanks for the advice SteM, much appreciated!)

Views:	135 
Size:	141.8 KB 
ID:	123209

Might as well post what my week looks like while I'm here:

Monday: Legs
    Tuesday: Fasted Cardio (45min - 60min Walking Avg. 130BPM)
    Wednesday: Shoulders & Arms
    Thursday: Fasted Cardio (45min - 60min Walking Avg. 130BPM)
    Friday: Back
    Saturday: Fasted Cardio (45min - 60min Walking Avg. 130BPM)
    Sunday: Chest & ABs

I'll look properly tomorrow but first off you need some much slower digesting protein sources. Cottage cheese, chicken, steak etc

I'll look properly tomorrow but first off you need some much slower digesting protein sources. Cottage cheese, chicken, steak etc
    Thanks again for all the help by the way man!

I've chicken in my last two meals. My thinking behind egg whites pre and post training was due to their quicker digestion, then slower digestion protein in the following two meals.

On Rest/Fasted cardio days, I will NOT be having "Meal Three"; and replacing "Meal Four" egg whites with a lean cut of steak which will hopefully give me 2500Kcals +/- for the day. My thinking behind lower calories on these three days is because my over all calories usage will be less.

As for cottage cheese, I've tried numerous times, but my body just rejects it.

Recent pictures of me taken yesterday: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...r#.T7yWGdxfHzE

Quote Originally Posted by gymsoldier View Post
    Thanks again for all the help by the way man!

I've chicken in my last two meals. My thinking behind egg whites pre and post training was due to their quicker digestion, then slower digestion protein in the following two meals. The quick protein will, as you summise, get in your system quick but it will also leave quickly. My breakfast has a small amount of whey but also egg whites and a slower digesting source of casein. Pre workout protein source is chicken. Other than breakfast (which can be a mix of speeds of digestion like mine) there is no real need for a fast acting protein source. By all means throw one in PWO if you think it helps. My PWO has about 10g whey and then tuna as my protein source.

On Rest/Fasted cardio days, I will NOT be having "Meal Three"; and replacing "Meal Four" egg whites with a lean cut of steak which will hopefully give me 2500Kcals +/- for the day. My thinking behind lower calories on these three days is because my over all calories usage will be less. Same thinking as alot of people. Personally I keep the same cals and macro's every day. The body is in a constant state of flux and I like to keep some kind or 'normality' plus the body grows at rest and I want it to have all the right nutrients. Gbrice lowers his cals/carbs on non workout days and I think Turkish Juicer lowers his carbs and ups hits fats.

As for cottage cheese, I've tried numerous times, but my body just rejects it. Do you have a lactose intolerance? You're ok with whey? Plenty of other options, if my Mrs didn't think I was being too eccentric I'd have no probs eating chicken or steak for breakfast, although I am quite happy with my protein pancakes!

Recent pictures of me taken yesterday: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...r#.T7yWGdxfHzE Looking awesome dude. 15-20lbs lbm and you will look amzing! Sure you need our help?
    See bold.

The quick protein will, as you summise, get in your system quick but it will also leave quickly. My breakfast has a small amount of whey but also egg whites and a slower digesting source of casein. Pre workout protein source is chicken. Other than breakfast (which can be a mix of speeds of digestion like mine) there is no real need for a fast acting protein source. By all means throw one in PWO if you think it helps. My PWO has about 10g whey and then tuna as my protein source.
    Valid point. I've adjusted my diet and am mixing protein sources in each meal.

Same thinking as alot of people. Personally I keep the same cals and macro's every day. The body is in a constant state of flux and I like to keep some kind or 'normality' plus the body grows at rest and I want it to have all the right nutrients. Gbrice lowers his cals/carbs on non workout days and I think Turkish Juicer lowers his carbs and ups hits fats.
    See bold. I am going to keep calories the same throughout the week.

Looking awesome dude. 15-20lbs lbm and you will look amzing! Sure you need our help?
    Your help on my diet has been major, and of huge help. I honestly feel your input will definitely result in me reaching the next level in my physique.

Mate, you are on cycle? If so I would up your protein and tone down the carbs by 40g-50g each. You'll need to add the carbs back in during PCT.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Yes I am, eight days into an 11 week 455mg/WK Test-E cycle.
    What should my new Macros look like? P/C/F

Approx 280/320/50.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Approx 280/320/50.
    Prefect! Easily adjusted! Thanks again man, big help.

Man I'm more excited to see what you look like in 10 weeks than what I look like in 10 weeks. Good luck man, keep this well updated!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Man I'm more excited to see what you look like in 10 weeks than what I look like in 10 weeks. Good luck man, keep this well updated!
    Haha classic, thanks man!
    Looks like this officially just became a log!

Diet: V3!

Views:	111 
Size:	152.8 KB 
ID:	123304

Trained back tonight, started off with bodyweight wide grip pull ups. Moved onto to rack deads (pulling from a couple of inches below knees) and got a PB of 205kg, only a couple of KG's off a triple bodyweight rack pull. Finished lower back with one set of high rep standard deads @ 140kg. The it was onto cable rows, some scapula stability work, traps, rear delts and home via the sauna!

Munching into meal four of the day now as I type this.

stephenw is offline Junior Member
    sorry for hijacking the thread gymsoldier but may i ask what you use to work out your macros?

Quote Originally Posted by stephenw View Post
    sorry for hijacking the thread gymsoldier but may i ask what you use to work out your macros?
    As in my daily total P/C/F? Or what I used to work out the P/C/F of each food?

stephenw is offline Junior Member
    work out the p/c/f of each food depending on portion size

Quote Originally Posted by stephenw View Post
    work out the p/c/f of each food depending on portion size
    I weigh all my food firstly to work out portions sizes.
    For things like oats and rice etc. I used the nutritional information on the back of the packaging and adjusted the figures for my portion size.
    For the other foods like eggs and chicken etc. I firstly weighed them again, then search the food in question on the website Self Nutrition Data to get the nutritional figures.
    Only takes a small bit of simple maths to work everything out.

Small bit of fasted cardio dismorning. Brought the dog out for a 35min walk, having great weather in Ireland, not a cloud in the sky!

11 days into Test-E cycle now (11weeks @ 455mg/wk), not feeling anything yet. Fourth shot (1ml/250mg) this Monday (28th May).
    What's the typical time frame for things to start kicking in? I've heard anything from 2 weeks to 6 weeks for Test-E.

binsser is offline Senior Member
    6 weeks then its rapid

Quote Originally Posted by binsser View Post
    6 weeks then its rapid
    Good thing I'm patient so ha.

-----------

Trained chest yesterday (Sunday 27th), all was going well until I started getting a serious pump in my anterior delts, happens every now and again. Very frustrating as seems to take the tension off my chest in lifts.

And, trained legs today. Got serious back pumps doing RDLs. Took a 5min rest and was back to normal.
    Any tips on building up some sweep?

Diet is going well, had meals one to three yesterday, then pigged out for the day. Typical Sunday.
    Seriously full waking up dismorning, but holding a little water from the sodium.
    Haven't checked weight. ABs are still showing, coming close to (if not at) 9%BF.

Wednesday was Shoulders & Arms: I've been getting great results from "behind the neck standing presses" for shoulders, really capping them off. I've reduced arms to 6sets each for Bi's and Tri's, my one genetic good fortune is arms that grow easy!

Today was back: Started off with chain deads, then onto DB rows working up the 55KGs (120lbs), did some pull downs and cable rows rows to finish off my back, and a few shrugs for traps.

Just bought new Omega3 Fish Oils and Starflower Oil for Omega6.
    The Omega3 per-3000mg is: EPA 540mg/DHA 360mg.
    The Starflower oil is per-1000mg: LA 350mg/GLA 190mg

I'm taking 5grams of O3 daily, and SFO 3grams daily.

So this "log" went a bit to the dogs.

Not many updates tough to write up about.
    Last shot of Test-E is this Sunday (22nd July), dose was increased to 500mg/wk to make every shot 3.5days.

Up 14lbs now, ABs are still tight, coming in at 10% BF. So with a bit of maths it seems I've added 9.5lbs FFM.
    Regretting I didn't plan a 12 week cycle, I'm really getting into my stride now.

Mr. Small is offline Member
    Is it not possible to get some more Test E and do another few weeks to bump you to 4 weeks? Sounds good so far, results are the business dude.

I'm not sure I'd gain much extra for another four weeks, plus I didn't use HCG throughout (which I should have) and don't really want to stay shut down any longer than I have to be. Had my last shot today, PCT starts on August 5th. Going to blast the HCG now (better late than never) 500IU ED up until PCT. Will be posting result pictures tomorrow!

Thread Information