Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Times Roman
  • 1 Post By Times Roman
  • 1 Post By Times Roman
  • 1 Post By Brazensol
  • 1 Post By djs2224

Thread: The next Peptide to put in your arsenal for healing (BPC 157)

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

The next Peptide to put in your arsenal for healing (BPC 157)

I've been looking into yet another peptide that promotes healing, similar to TB-500. It is called BPC 157 and this from the abstract:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21030672

The promoting effect of pentadecapeptide BPC 157 on tendon healing involves tendon outgrowth, cell survival, and cell migration.

Chang CH, Tsai WC, Lin MS, Hsu YH, Pang JH.

Source

Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Sciences, Chang Gung Univ., 259 Wen-Hwa 1st Rd., Kwei-Shan, Tao-Yuan 333, Taiwan, Republic of China.

Abstract

Pentadecapeptide BPC 157, composed of 15 amino acids, is a partial sequence of body protection compound (BPC) that is discovered in and isolated from human gastric juice. Experimentally it has been demonstrated to accelerate the healing of many different wounds, including transected rat Achilles tendon. This study was designed to investigate the potential mechanism of BPC 157 to enhance healing of injured tendon. The outgrowth of tendon fibroblasts from tendon explants cultured with or without BPC 157 was examined. Results showed that BPC 157 significantly accelerated the outgrowth of tendon explants. Cell proliferation of cultured tendon fibroblasts derived from rat Achilles tendon was not directly affected by BPC 157 as evaluated by MTT assay. However, the survival of BPC 157-treated cells was significantly increased under the H(2)O(2) stress. BPC 157 markedly increased the in vitro migration of tendon fibroblasts in a dose-dependent manner as revealed by transwell filter migration assay. BPC 157 also dose dependently accelerated the spreading of tendon fibroblasts on culture dishes. The F-actin formation as detected by FITC-phalloidin staining was induced in BPC 157-treated fibroblasts. The protein expression and activation of FAK and paxillin were determined by Western blot analysis, and the phosphorylation levels of both FAK and paxillin were dose dependently increased by BPC 157 while the total amounts of protein was unaltered. In conclusion, BPC 157 promotes the ex vivo outgrowth of tendon fibroblasts from tendon explants, cell survival under stress, and the in vitro migration of tendon fibroblasts, which is likely mediated by the activation of the FAK-paxillin pathway.

Razor is offline Banned
    Roman you really get into these peps. I've been reading all the new ones coming out and waiting to make any moves till more conclusive data is out from you and atomi

As long as legit, i'm willing to be a guinnee pig on pretty much any pep. I'm looking at maybe making a purchase of some GW, but still need to wait til after the TB500 trial is over in a couple of weeks.

the whole pep industry is exploding, and it's really exciting to me. It seems amazing to me what can be accomplished by stringing together some simple amino acids into a peptide molecule.

I'm at a great age now to see first hand all the tech that is being thrown at life extension, and Ol' Roman here plans to enjoy "quality of life" into my 90's. This is definately some ground breaking stuff, and I am probably the first generation of a successful life extension movement.

the only thing i can say is you blokes better continue to hide your daughters for at least another 40 years! =)
    AllKindsOGains likes this.

TR, forgive me for asking you to do my work for me, but could you recommend some reading concerning peptides and the manner in which they do their thing. As you said, its an exploding market but one that seems to me to be a little mysterious...a little black magic in the gym if you will. I am following both your pep journals closely hoping that your research, sounds better than guinea pigging, will teach me something that may help me down the road.

Angel of death is offline Senior Member
    Roman which peptides do you recommend for healthy skin/hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Angel of death View Post
    reallly?

i have no clue mate. As old and ugly as this old bull is, I've never been worried about my pretty mug. But there are peps out there for it, and let me google real quick.....

Pentapeptides

Hexapeptides

Palmitoyl Oligopeptide

Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7

Copper Peptides

this should get you started. Why don't you do a real quick study on each and report back to the board what you find in a thead dedicated to each of these five (5) peptides?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Me of There View Post
    TR, forgive me for asking you to do my work for me, but could you recommend some reading concerning peptides and the manner in which they do their thing. As you said, its an exploding market but one that seems to me to be a little mysterious...a little black magic in the gym if you will. I am following both your pep journals closely hoping that your research, sounds better than guinea pigging, will teach me something that may help me down the road.
    It's a bit of a mystery to me too mate. The amino acids that string together that forms the peptide molecule are specifically shaped to fit a particular receptor at a particular site. In a way, the peptide is a short piece of data, or instruction, that when coupled with the specific reseptor, tells the body to do a certain thing, or perform a certain task.

I mentioned "guinnee pigging" earlier, and that is because, as always, i am skeptical with the touted benefits of any product on the market. So when i try, or guinnee pig, this product for the first time, I'm also assessing as to whether or not this product is living up to the claims made on the web. Most of the supps I've tried over the last few decades are, more or less, ineffective at best, and pure BS at worst. A few, like creatine, have a measureable or noticeable effect you can see in the gym. the rest only seem to work on microbes in a pitri dish, and since i am not a microbe in a pitri dish, not worthy of the investment, and I no longer take.

To see what the specific mechanism of action, beyond the over generalization i made in the first paragraph above, for a particular peptide, you will have to google:
    how does [peptide] work

hope this helps mate!
    ---Roman

fossilfuel7 is offline Member
    I took BPC for 2 months and noticed nothing at all. I was the perfect candidate too because I have pain or minor nagging injuries in at least 10 different areas of my body..tendons ligaments, joints..you name it...absolutely no improvement in anything....plus I have been using TB500 at 6mg per week for 5 weeks now..and nothing from that either.

I did spot injections into the injured areas for 3 weeks and then stuck with sub q...didn't make a difference.

Came from two different sponsors..so I don't think it's a supplier issue....I just think the stuff is all useless junk.

Just my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by fossilfuel7 View Post
    I took BPC for 2 months and noticed nothing at all. I was the perfect candidate too because I have pain or minor nagging injuries in at least 10 different areas of my body..tendons ligaments, joints..you name it...absolutely no improvement in anything....plus I have been using TB500 at 6mg per week for 5 weeks now..and nothing from that either.

I did spot injections into the injured areas for 3 weeks and then stuck with sub q...didn't make a difference.

Came from two different sponsors..so I don't think it's a supplier issue....I just think the stuff is all useless junk.

Just my experience.
    and that's the thing about new products on the market. some egg head wearing a white coat in some hidden lab notices a particular response from his microbes on his pitri dish. he then thinks... hmmmph! since this shit makes my microbes 30% more reisistant to milk poisoning by the chinese, then OBVIOUSLY it will work on those blokes over at forums.steroids .com. And since the only thing that typically legitimizes some of this stuff is an abstract in a medical or scientific journal, with no real clinical trial, then we really don't know until we try.

that's why the log mate. If I take it and die from the black plague, then that's probably a clue to you blokes not to follow in my footsteps. But if i take it and 4 weeks later I say my shoulder feels wonderful, then it might be worthwhile for others to check it out too.

This is the nature of the free flow of information on a public bulletin board.

I'm sorry to hear your experience was not a pleasant one. Hopefully, mine will be different?
    Red Bastard likes this.

DanB is offline Banned
    Hmmmmmm interesting

Im usually on top of the peps but wasnt aware if this one, thanks for the info TR

AZGOLDSMEMBER86 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Nice post. I like the peps.

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel of death View Post
    hair and nails...get yourself some biotin from the healthfood store

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat;6121***
    hair and nails...get yourself some biotin from the healthfood store
    yeah, like I'm sum kinda expert on beauty creams??

Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    TR - This is a somewhat old post but wondering if you did any "research" with BPC 157?
    Red Bastard likes this.

Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    bump...

Red Bastard is offline Member
    Curious...

djs2224 is offline Junior Member
    Going to be using that real soon orderd couple days ago going to do a log about it with tb500 and hgh
    Red Bastard likes this.

Thread Information