leather daddy is offline Banned

Can a mate of mine use propecia with NPP?

He is starting a cylce of npp, test e and anavar

is propecia ok to take ? I dont know much about it?
    Or is nizoral 2% enough

im not sure his hairline is receeding but is propecia worth taking?

does this sound righT?

Dismissing the deca & Finasteride Myth

"First off, let me preface this by saying that this is true, in certain contexts.
    However, I'm an advocate of including testosterone in every cycle, so my explanation is with the assumption that one will be using nandrolone in addition to testosterone

For those that do not know, testosterone converts to DHT via the 5 alpha reductase enzyme. DHT is far more androgenic than testosterone and is the main contributor to MPB in those genetically predisposed.

Finasteride is a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor, and therefore limits the conversion of testosterone to DHT via competitive inhibition.

nandrolone itself is a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor (although it yields DHN in the process). So less DHT is produced if nandrolone is present. Also, DHN is much less androgenic than nandrolone and much less androgenic than DHT. So, finasteride with deca (nandrolone) should both work to reduce DHT levels, and since finasteride will inhibit 5a reductase, it'll also keep levels of DHN lower too.

The misconception that deca with finasteride is a bad combination stems from the the days when deca only cycles were more common (often referred to as the days before jason updated the AR homepage cycles ) If one were running a deca only cycle (or any deca cycle without test), then finasteride would be a poor choice, because DHN is less androgenic than nandrolone. However, since we're assuming test to be included in a deca cycle, and both test and DHT are far more androgenic than nandrolone, if your goal is preventing the formation of the most androgenic compounds, then both deca and finasteride work together to reduce DHT formation.

To sum things up, if you're running a test + deca cycle and are worried about MPB (and you're susceptible), then including finasteride is a far better option than NOT including it, although the nandrolone will help to reduce DHT formation on its own to some extent.

This doesn't touch on the many positive effects of DHT (libido, muscle hardness, decreased SHBG and therefore increased bioavailable AAS).....this is only in the context of preventing hairloss "

anyone here actually use propecia?

Atomini is offline Banned
    Propecia, Proscar, Finasteride are all useless for the following anabolic steroids :

Anavar
    Anadrol
    Primobolan
    Winstrol
    Masteron (Drostanolone)
    Nandrolone
    Trenbolone

All of the anabolic steroids listed do not convert into Dihydrotestosterone because none of them can interact with the 5-alpha reductase enzyme, which is the enzyme that converts Testosterone into DHT. It's the enzyme that Proscar inhibits. Saying Proscar would control androgenic side effects from something like Trenbolone is like saying an aromatase inhibitor will protect from Estrogenic side effects from Anadrol - it doesn't. Anadrol doesn't convert into Estrogen via aromatase - it IS an Estrogen in certain tissues.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    Propecia, Proscar, Finasteride are all useless for the following anabolic steroids :

Anavar
    Anadrol
    Primobolan
    Winstrol
    Masteron (Drostanolone)
    Nandrolone
    Trenbolone

All of the anabolic steroids listed do not convert into Dihydrotestosterone because none of them can interact with the 5-alpha reductase enzyme, which is the enzyme that converts Testosterone into DHT. It's the enzyme that Proscar inhibits. Saying Proscar would control androgenic side effects from something like Trenbolone is like saying an aromatase inhibitor will protect from Estrogenic side effects from Anadrol - it doesn't. Anadrol doesn't convert into Estrogen via aromatase - it IS an Estrogen in certain tissues.

so couldnt i still use propecia for hair loss from test as that would be in the cycle to. And nizoral for the npp?

Atomini is offline Banned
    Yes, that's possible.

Listen, this is probably the millionth post/thread you've made on hair loss. If you're worried that much about your hair, and if your hair is that important to you, then maybe anabolic steroids are not for you since they ALL carry the inherent risk of triggering male pattern baldness. They aren't for everyone after all. I only mention it because it seems like you're becoming extremely neurotic about your hair, hairline, hair loss, etc. etc. etc. on AAS. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Atomini; 01-09-2013 at 09:13 AM.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    From one guy loosing his hair to another if youre going bald there is no magic pill for it.If there was we would all have a thick head of hair.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Yes you can use it if your cycle consist of test also but if your prone to MPB the end results is still going to be the same, all it will do is slightly slow down the process a bit more the end results is the same, a blad head. If your really concerned about hairloss dont use steroids .

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    I like how this thread went from your mate to you........

Soar is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by auswest View Post
    I like how this thread went from your mate to you........
    Seems there's alot of this going on

jjgallow is offline New Member
    There IS an option now, that will work. Obviously minoxidil will work but there's a new topical, local anti-androgen which will work without going systemic. no sides.

Called CB-03-01. Doesn't rely on 5AR.

damien4191 is offline New Member
    I've been on finasteride for a few months. I'm starting a cycle of test/npp in a few days, which means that I'll have to stop taking the fina. My question is do I need to be off the finasteride for a period of time before I begin using npp?

Thread Information