kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member

"aspirate? in a muscle? never!" says doctor

apparently there isn't a vein big enough or substantial enough inside muscles to even be able to uptake steroids , according to my doctor. "I only aspirate when I'm trying to inject something into a vein."

Atomini is offline Banned
    Your doctor sounds like a moron.

DAAS is offline Senior Member
    tell that to the people who have had those crazy heart beating panic attack moments

mikey hulk is offline Member
    Hit one Monday

i know you can hit one on the way in, but i had him do my delt injection for me, and a little amount of blood came out, and i asked "did you aspirate ?" and he looked at me dumbfounded "aspirate in a muscle? why?" and then went on to explain why it's unnecessary. he's been a doctor for a long time, used to work in ER, deliver babies, and now owns private medical practices, and my father who is also a doctor recommended him to me.

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm really not an expert, I never even inject myself yet.
    But I think aspirating is to be sure that we arent in a vein,it's not necessary but highly recommended. Because shooting in a vein doesnt sound fun...

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04 View Post
    i know you can hit one on the way in, but i had him do my delt injection for me, and a little amount of blood came out, and i asked "did you aspirate?" and he looked at me dumbfounded "aspirate in a muscle? why?" and then went on to explain why it's unnecessary. he's been a doctor for a long time, used to work in ER, deliver babies, and now owns private medical practices, and my father who is also a doctor recommended him to me.
    Well, the thing is, all doctors are trained on muscular, vascular, and nervous system anatomy. So, they automatically know where all of the major veins, arteries, and nerves are located running through each muscle of the body. When they have this knowledge, they automatically know precisely where to stick the needle. The average joe AAS user does not possess this anatomical knowledge, and therefore must aspirate in the event that they do hit a vein.

oops, double post.

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    Or youcould use a 1.5" in the quad and hit a artery. This can happen if you have skinny legs. I know the femoral artery is deep, but depending on how youre sitting and the size of the leg, it is a possibility and it is always better to be safe than sorry. Besides, it doesnt take anymore time to do it.

okay can someone please delete this thread, so some noob doesn't read this, and not aspirate ?

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I ALWAYS do. No questions asked.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    some doctors can be over-confident... or just a little lazy..

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Personally I feel that everyone is different. Even a vein could be in area not expected. Not worth the rest at all.

yeah, try tren in a vein, tell me how you feel after you feel you are drowning without water and caughing your lungs out without gettin air in.

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    Well, the thing is, all doctors are trained on muscular, vascular, and nervous system anatomy. So, they automatically know where all of the major veins, arteries, and nerves are located running through each muscle of the body. When they have this knowledge, they automatically know precisely where to stick the needle. The average joe AAS user does not possess this anatomical knowledge, and therefore must aspirate in the event that they do hit a vein.

Uh...I don't think so, nobody's veins are all in the exact same location. Arterys maybe but not the venous system.

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    for certain meds, such as tamiflu, you are no supposed to aspirate . Steroids are not one of these meds, and your dr. explanation is asinine. Injecting enough oil into a vessel can cause an embolism. That is bad news. always aspirate.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Aspirating = seatbelts! I can drive everyday and not have a problem...but the one time I end up in an accident I want all the added protection that is easily and readily available to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gymfu View Post
    Uh...I don't think so, nobody's veins are all in the exact same location. Arterys maybe but not the venous system.
    This is only somewhat true. There is a basic 'road map" of all major blood vessels, but everybody differs in some way. Some people even have their heart on their RIGHT side.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    This is why I love our lab rats!

diabolicsoul is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gymfu View Post
    I agree to this. I remember a kid from school, his veins in his hand and arms were different. His veins in his hand looked like they were twisted 90 degrees, probably because he was born really premature.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    A had a injection from the doc once she never aspirated i just about shat ma self because i'm just that used of doing it.

I have read a number of online articles about patients dying from injection error. A Doc injected anesthetic wrongly into a vein and the patient died. I'm no doctor and haven't been trained in physiology so I take precautions. It literally takes two seconds to aspirate , why not do it and be safe?

Sick_beard is offline Banned
    Well, it can't hurt can it?

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    A had a injection from the doc once she never aspirated i just about shat ma self because i'm just that used of doing it.
    As I said in a previous post, there are some IM shots that are not to be aspirated, many vaccinations including the flu shot are like this. Thats not to say the DR didn't screw up, depends on the meds. The point, nothing we inject falls under the do not aspirate category.

senorrebo is offline Associate Member
    Like Lunk said. I'd rather aspirate 1000 times and have no blood than skip one time and pin into a vein.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Dont be a fool-aspirate !

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    i think one of the big reasons is AAS is in oil and not intended to be injected into a vein. L-Carnitine which i inject IM can also be injected into a vein so there is no need to aspirate .. the same could be said with other meds, its just most of us on here are injecting oil..

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    i think one of the big reasons is AAS is in oil and not intended to be injected into a vein. L-Carnitine which i inject IM can also be injected into a vein so there is no need to aspirate .. the same could be said with other meds, its just most of us on here are injecting oil..
    INJECTING?US? You have got to be kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    Dont be a fool-aspirate!
    I read this and immediately pictured the late '80s early '90s PSA, with the shooting start that says "the more you know" in it's wake.

Allaaro is offline Associate Member
    Never aspirated, still alive and never had problems. Many people do, many don't...but not one person I know of who doesn't aspirate has ever had a problem besides short coughing fit. Doc's and nurses it depends on who you talk to...but I know in my town anyway in nursing school they say NOT to aspirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Allaaro View Post
    Never aspirated, still alive and never had problems. Many people do, many don't...but not one person I know of who doesn't aspirate has ever had a problem besides short coughing fit. Doc's and nurses it depends on who you talk to...but I know in my town anyway in nursing school they say NOT to aspirate.
    Are you, or were you in this nursing school? For sub-cue, it's fine. But many IM's do require aspiration, some don't. I find it hard to believe that they're teaching RN's to never aspirate . I can assure you, even if this school is teaching not to, that is not the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04 View Post
    apparently there isn't a vein big enough or substantial enough inside muscles to even be able to uptake steroids, according to my doctor. "I only aspirate when I'm trying to inject something into a vein."
    this is interesting. i got a reply from a person on a forum who asked why I pin my pecs..I told him cos i can aspirate with 2 hands. this guy had a real photo...i mean he rubbed out his face and scanned it---he looked HUGE--ALL OVER--like he was training to gain entry into the IFBB or something.

IF U EVER SAW THE DOCUMENTARY ON THE WRESTLER BATISTA, I MEAN THIS GUY LOOK LIKE BATISTA IN HIS BOUNCER DAYS...WHICH WAS EVEN BIGGER THAN HIS CURRENT PRO- WRESTLING DAYS!

im saying this cos that might mean he's a good authority on the subject.

he said "Aspirating is ****ing stupid. There are no veins 1 inch deep below the surface of the skin/in the muscle. You can only nick or scratch veins or miss veins, but you can't shoot oily steroids directly into a vein cos there isn't any veins 1 inch deep or in the muscle."

this was an interesting point to me.

I personally had some bad cough when I injected Testoviron Depot once when I was just learning to aspirate or sometimes cheated and didn't aspirate. I'd think right now it may not be necessary, but it actually might be just recommend and not highly recommend.

I posted a question to a Doctor on youtube as to why when he demonstrated a Testosterone Injection...(and there are more docs than you'd think demonstrating this on utube), why he didn't pull back on the plunger to aspirate.

I still haven't got a reply from this Doctor on youtube.

In life there are things by the book, De Jure...and there's stuff De Facto (in practice),

I think, (but don't quote me and don't rely on this) that aspiration is something De Jure, but not always De Facto or feasible.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    most docs do not do IM inject in the delts either. We still do it though. Cmon man everyone should aspirate with every inject!

Quote Originally Posted by MakeUpLostTimeFast View Post
    this is interesting. i got a reply from a person on a forum who asked why I pin my pecs..I told him cos i can aspirate with 2 hands. this guy had a real photo...i mean he rubbed out his face and scanned it---he looked HUGE--ALL OVER--like he was training to gain entry into the IFBB or something.

IF U EVER SAW THE DOCUMENTARY ON THE WRESTLER BATISTA, I MEAN THIS GUY LOOK LIKE BATISTA IN HIS BOUNCER DAYS...WHICH WAS EVEN BIGGER THAN HIS CURRENT PRO- WRESTLING DAYS!

im saying this cos that might mean he's a good authority on the subject.

he said "Aspirating is ****ing stupid. There are no veins 1 inch deep below the surface of the skin/in the muscle. You can only nick or scratch veins or miss veins, but you can't shoot oily steroids directly into a vein cos there isn't any veins 1 inch deep or in the muscle."

this was an interesting point to me.

I personally had some bad cough when I injected Testoviron Depot once when I was just learning to aspirate or sometimes cheated and didn't aspirate. I'd think right now it may not be necessary, but it actually might be just recommend and not highly recommend.

I posted a question to a Doctor on youtube as to why when he demonstrated a Testosterone Injection...(and there are more docs than you'd think demonstrating this on utube), why he didn't pull back on the plunger to aspirate.

I still haven't got a reply from this Doctor on youtube.

In life there are things by the book, De Jure...and there's stuff De Facto (in practice),

I think, (but don't quote me and don't rely on this) that aspiration is something De Jure, but not always De Facto or feasible.
    First, looking like Batista lends no credibility. Second, as a health care provider, I can tell you that anybody that claims aspirating is f***ing stupid is a f***ing idiot.
    If a Dr. chooses not to aspirate, it's because he's confident that he knows exactly how and where to inject without hitting a vessel, or because he's lazy. It's his medical licence, and he's trained as an MD. The majority of AAS users are none of these. They do not have a back ground in physiology, and many don't even understand the potential consequences of injecting into a vessel. Aspirating isn't f***ing stupid, it isn't unnecessary, it isn't a personal choice, it's a safety measure. It causes no harm, takes a fraction of a second and all but guarantees safety for the injection. Sure, many people don't do it and never have an issue; many people also drink and drive and never have an issue. That doesn't mean its a good idea to do so.

So please, if you don't want to do it, don't believe in it, think its useless, thats fine; but please don't post that as fact as any chance of someone reading bad advice and hurting themselves is too much of a chance.
    Last edited by Bigshotvictoria; 01-17-2013 at 03:42 PM.

you're right bigshotvictoria. now that i think about it...why not aspirate ? it can't hurt. i mean..i did cough when i nicked a vessel with test depot. aspiration is a good safety measure. at a minimum it provides peace of mind. it's an added step, sure. but so is showering before an injection which is what i've also got into the good habit of doing. although i did qualify not to rely on my statements, i apologize. there are some people who might have missed. yes, i would aspirate just so if something goes wrong, i won't kick myself for not going through all necessary precautions.

greenwell001 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    this thread should have ended after the above comment.

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    If a vessel can be "nicked" or grazed, why cant it be punctured??? The doctor you saw was probably Dr. Crisler, and his injection was SubQ, not IM. And we all know aspirating subQ is pointless.

diabolicsoul is offline Associate Member
    I remember reading a news article and it was a member on another forum that died from not aspirating.

This was 3-4 years ago, and I forget the details. but, he injected into his quad, didn't aspirate . His leg swelled up, and other complications. He died fairly quickly.

Thread Information