Sociabear is offline Junior Member
    I have been doing alot of research but the one thing I can't seem to narrow down is after what meal /timeframe should I be switching from white rice to brown rice or sweet Potatos ect ( lower gi carbs)

Going to outline the supplies I have and my understanding via research of a proper program , please critique.

Supplies:
    Novolin -r
    Glucometer

Protocol:

Will only be using insulin on large muscle group days post workout
    10g/carbs per iu (adjusting after getting glucose readings ect and lowering safely from there)
    Start use at 2iu ramping up by 1iu per workout until I reach 8iu.
    The following diet servings will be adjusted for the proper carb intake FYI. Just a timing outline.
    Will use glucometer after shot - 30min-60min-120min
    If I feel hypo obviously I'll sip on my carb drink I'll have premade
    My wife will be home with me the first week just in case I screw up but I hope I have gathered everything.

Immediately post injection - 2 scoops vitargo s2, 2 scoops whey , creatine , bcaa
    60min - 8oz chicken 2 cups white rice
    2hrs 30min - 8oz chicken 2 cups white rice
    4 hours - 8oz chicken 2 cups white rice
    6hours - 8 oz chicken 1 cup oatmeal

Will have orange juice mixed with sprite on hand always in a shaker bottle.

Please critique fellas. Thank you

Edit: I'll be running this 3 weeks on 4 weeks off also. Will be used during my blast and cruise (12month blast and cruise) along with hopefully legit hgh. If not will be running ghrp2 and mod grf 3x day saturation dose.
    Last edited by Sociabear; 01-21-2013 at 07:34 AM.

Bump - critique please !

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I like how you've crossed your t's and dotted your i's...more should be as prepared for you before starting slin. Good job on already purchasing a BG meter...have you tested your fasted BG levels here latley? I always recommend a person checking fasted BG levels a week or two (everyday) before ever starting slin. Reason being if you're 100+ or even close to 100 you want to avoid using slin because your body is insulin resistant. As far as your proposed plan, everything looks good to me except some have reported that vitargo (which is waxy maize starch (WMS) right?) isn't a good carb choice to use post slin...some have reported still going hypo just because of the nature of the WMS not effecting insulin levels much. I'm not saying totally veer away from WMS but just be cautious of this (which sounds like you'll have a standby shake on standbye which is good). Anyhow, everything looks good but I think you can run it for more than 3 weeks at a time...just keep checking fasted BG levels periodically to make sure they don't rise close to 100...if so, stop using the slin until it drops back down.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I personally think you're a little heavy on the food, both in quantity and frequency. For the dose you'll be running you don't need all that. As stated above longer than 3 weeks would be best.

I checked my glucose levels when I woke up this morning and I was at 91.

I know that rhgh causes insulin resistance and I've been using ghrp2 and mod grf for 3 months so possibly a result of that.

I will take a look into a substitute for vitargo!
    I know the insulin peaks at 2 and a half hours. So after thy I was just sorta winging times on meals. What is your suggestion frequency wise ?

Edit: I also woke up and raped a cake in the middle of the night so will retest tomorrow I think.
    Last edited by Sociabear; 01-22-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Imo the vitargo will be fine. I'll be switching to that soon. You can pin and then take in your necessary shakes. After that a meal every two hours should be fine. That's what I do but you can test your glucose to be sure.

I went ahead and bought that optimum nutrition creating mix instead o the vitargo to play it safe. Has dextrose ect in it.

I'm 3 hours in and not dead so guess I researched enough .

Ended up running into a guy at the gym todau who I know is on the national level and picked his brain a bit and told me I was pretty spot on.

Edit: he agreed with you hank about the meal frequency so I will adjust that like youve stated.

Can't wait to be on my blast part of cycle with hgh and slin. Should easily smack 250 lbs lean. Oo yeah : p

Quote Originally Posted by Sociabear View Post
    I checked my glucose levels when I woke up this morning and I was at 91.

I know that rhgh causes insulin resistance and I've been using ghrp2 and mod grf for 3 months so possibly a result of that.

I will take a look into a substitute for vitargo!
    I know the insulin peaks at 2 and a half hours. So after thy I was just sorta winging times on meals. What is your suggestion frequency wise ?

Edit: I also woke up and raped a cake in the middle of the night so will retest tomorrow I think.
    A BG level of 91 isn't bad at all (especially after raping a cake mid night! lol). The thing with fasted BG levels is they can differ quite a bit that's why I like to take a 2 week avg. None-the-less sounds like you've already started the slin so just check it periodically to make sure you don't approach 100. So are you on rhgh or just peptides? rhgh like you said can cause insulin resistance (with large amounts) but peptides won't cause this as the body sees them as natural GH pulses in which the pulses only last a max of 3 hours. I'm sure you know but make sure you limit your fat intake while the slin is active and get in plenty of protein. You will actually find that you can get away with a minimum amount of carbs as long as you keep protein high since a lot of the protein is made into glucose through gluconeogenesis.

Ya I had a whopping 9%fat yesterday lol. All just trace amounts.
    What was interesting to me is that at the 10 hour mark I was going hypo. I had all my meals then at the 9hour mark I started my last meal with just protein.

Checked sugar and I was at 51. I felt absolutely fine. So idk if I screwed up using the meter or what

Edit: ya peptides ATM. Working on reliable script rhgh.
    Last edited by Sociabear; 01-23-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Ya I had a whopping 9%fat yesterday lol. All just trace amounts.
    What was interesting to me is that at the 10 hour mark I was going hypo. I had all my meals then at the 9hour mark I started my last meal with just protein.

Checked sugar and I was at 51. I felt absolutely fine. So idk if I screwed up using the meter or what

Edit: ya peptides ATM. Working on reliable script rhgh.
    Damn, going hypo 10 hours after slin! That's why I won't touch slin unless it's Humalog! As I'm sure you're aware of Novolin R onset is 30-60 mins, peak is 2-4 hrs., and duration is 5-8 hrs. Weird you went hypo 10 hrs. after and at a BG level of 51 I would have been getting that hypo feeling (hard to explain but sort of an anxiety feeling). Nothing wrong w/ peptides, especially with all the fake HGH out there these days. Getting in your fat intake is still important so don't really all on trace amounts just try to limit fat when the slin is active...try to get in fat a few hours before you pin the slin and wait until 5 hours after.

I use 3 scoops ON whey protein w/ 1 scoop ovaltine post wo and for breakfast. I do 15iu post wo with shake and have never had a problem. Also a banana w breakfast.

My second day of slin at 10 hour mark I had zero patients and started yelling at my wife to go get me McDonald's lol( lets say she was pissed!)

Anyway she left I was like okay I'm never an asshole like that. Checked sugar 52....drank some Gatorade. Raped the angus burger with no cheese or mayo was fine.

3rd day of slin yesterday I was determined to find out when my shit was bottoming. I took a reading every half hour for 10 hours (my fingers hurt today lol)

I ranged from 70-91 all 10 hours I never dipped hard.

The only thing I did different was I only used white rice for my carb even at 10 hours. (at 12 hours I had a meaty pzone for some fat)

Never went hypo though. So that's the ticket I assume?

My second day of slin at 10 hour mark I had zero patients and started yelling at my wife to go get me McDonald's lol( lets say she was pissed!)

Anyway she left I was like okay I'm never an asshole like that. Checked sugar 52....drank some Gatorade. Raped the angus burger with no cheese or mayo was fine.

3rd day of slin yesterday I was determined to find out when my shit was bottoming. I took a reading every half hour for 10 hours (my fingers hurt today lol)

I ranged from 70-91 all 10 hours I never dipped hard.

The only thing I did different was I only used white rice for my carb even at 10 hours. (at 12 hours I had a meaty pzone for some fat)

Never went hypo though. So that's the ticket I assume?
    Bro you really should get some fast acting slin like Humalog. I'd hate to have to worry so much about going hypo 10 hours after injection...doesn't seem worth it to me.

I checked my suger after a 15iu injection post workout and was just below a 100.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckEisenmench View Post
    I checked my suger after a 15iu injection post workout and was just below a 100.
    Ok well we need a bit more info. What did you eat after your 15iu injection and how long after your injection/meal did you test?

10 hours is pretty crazy but everybody is different. I remember thinking I'm in the clear a few times at the 8 hour mark and went hypo. It's a little scary when you're not expecting it and have nothing on hand. At that point you have to eat whatever and not worry about fat intake. Not ideal but better than dying. Slin is no joke.

I really think my meter was ****ed up. I've done a few tests with different fingers and having reading at 20 PTs difference.

Considering at 50 I should have felt some kind of hypo symptoms an I had nothing at all. It hasn't happened sense and I've upped my iu steadily so idk.

I always always have 2 extra
    Meals made now and my Gatorade for o shit moments no matter where I am or how long its been active.

I really think my meter was ****ed up. I've done a few tests with different fingers and having reading at 20 PTs difference.

Considering at 50 I should have felt some kind of hypo symptoms an I had nothing at all. It hasn't happened sense and I've upped my iu steadily so idk.

I always always have 2 extra
    Meals made now and my Gatorade for o shit moments no matter where I am or how long its been active.
    Yeah sounds that way...prob be wise to get a new meter.

I have never had any problems with 15iu post workout with 30g of protein and 1 scoop of ovaltine. I am happy with the results and keep gaining on this protical. Just keep using insulin after a workout and take a protein drink w/carbs and you should have no problems!

Pm Me If You Have any questionsd

chuckeisenmencsh

Thread Information