bwatcher949 is offline Junior Member

Please critique my bulk diet - running test/deca/dbol

Ok guys, so I ran a cut diet for about 3 weeks and dropped about 6 lbs or so. I'm now running 500mg test e, 300mg deca , 30mg dbol . Here is my diet. I think my carbs need to go up but Im really struggling to slam all this food down.

Supplements:
    Fishoil
    ON Mutli Vitamin
    ON BCAAs
    15g creatine mono

Breakfast - 7:30am:
    5 egg whites, 2 eggs
    2 slices of fat free cheese
    5 slices turkey bacon
    1 cup natty oatmeal

Workout from 9am to 10:00am

Post Workout: 11:00am
    1 cup natty oats
    1 optimum nutrtion shake(mixed with water)

Post Post Workout: 12:30pm
    1 cup wheat pasta
    1 tbsp olive oil
    2 tbsp parmesan cheese
    9oz chicken breast grilled

Mid afternoon meal: 3:45pm
    9oz tri tip steak
    8oz sweet potatoe
    1 cup mixed vegetables

Mid afternoon snack 2: 5:00pm
    48 almonds coco powdered

Dinner: 7:30pm
    9oz chicken breast
    1 cup mix vegetables

Bedtime: 10:00pm
    1 optimum nutrition shake
    1 cup fat free skim milk
    3 tbsp natty Peanut Butter

totals:
    4108 calories
    381g Protein
    276g carbs
    131g fat
    65g sugar
    39gfiber

My training split is:
    Monday: Chest / Tri
    Tuesday: Back / Bi
    Wed: Off
    Thursday: Shoulders / Traps / Abs
    Friday: Legs / Chest
    Saturday: Arms / Abs
    Sunday: Off

Any feedback would be great ;-)

smalltime7 is offline Member
    the vets will be asking stats

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bwatcher949 View Post
    Ok guys, so I ran a cut diet for about 3 weeks and dropped about 6 lbs or so. I'm now running 500mg test e, 300mg deca , 30mg dbol . Here is my diet. I think my carbs need to go up but Im really struggling to slam all this food down.

Supplements:
    Fishoil
    ON Mutli Vitamin
    ON BCAAs
    15g creatine mono

Breakfast - 7:30am:
    5 egg whites, 2 eggs
    2 slices of fat free cheese
    5 slices turkey bacon If eating clean is important to you and/or bloat is a concern, remove this and just do more egg whites. I know it's a leaner meat than pork but it's still a heavily processed, salty food.
    1 cup natty oatmeal

Workout from 9am to 10:00am

Post Workout: 11:00am
    1 cup natty oats
    1 optimum nutrtion shake(mixed with water) Nice PWO

Post Post Workout: 12:30pm
    1 cup wheat pasta
    1 tbsp olive oil
    2 tbsp parmesan cheese
    9oz chicken breast grilled Good complete meal. Again, same feedback on the Parmesan as for the bacon in meal 1. It's not gonna kill you but you should put those cals to better use.

Mid afternoon meal: 3:45pm
    9oz tri tip steak
    8oz sweet potatoe
    1 cup mixed vegetables Very nice

Mid afternoon snack 2: 5:00pm
    48 almonds coco powdered Most guys will tell you that this isn't a good meal and to change it to incorporate lean pro. I agree that it isn't a good meal but I'm fine with it simply because you ate a steak just over an hour earlier and you're eating again in 2. The beef will have you going strong on the protein front until dinner and this snack will simply further slow digestion and keep you satisfied. However, see below for advice.

Dinner: 7:30pm
    9oz chicken breast
    1 cup mix vegetables Regarding your almonds above, split the portion in 1/2 and eat the other 24 with this meal! You need an energy source with every meal (either carbs or fats - fats late in the day obviously) to spare protein and transport other essential nutrients. Especially important on cycle.

Bedtime: 10:00pm
    1 optimum nutrition shake
    1 cup fat free skim milk
    3 tbsp natty Peanut Butter OK, this meal is bad for one simple reason. ON whey before bed? What's the point? It's a fast digesting protein source for PWO recovery, not something that will break down slowly over the course of the night to keep you from actually burning up muscle tissue during the fast. Replace with ON casein powder. I'd also remove the milk right here as that's 12g of sugar right before bed. The PB is a good choice before bed but make sure it's natural/organic.

totals:
    4108 calories
    381g Protein
    276g carbs
    131g fat
    65g sugar
    39gfiber

My training split is:
    Monday: Chest / Tri
    Tuesday: Back / Bi
    Wed: Off
    Thursday: Shoulders / Traps / Abs
    Friday: Legs / Chest
    Saturday: Arms / Abs
    Sunday: Off

Any feedback would be great ;-)
    I assume you're goal is to gain LBM without gaining body fat? "Clean Bulk"? Your diet is fixed with regard to food choices above in bold but I think you should calculate your BMR and TDEE to truly get things right and set your cals accordingly. 4100 is a lot (what I eat on-cycle at 6'1", 210, >10% bf) - not saying your not a big dude but u didn't post stats, so I dunno!

Also, I think your carbs are low for that goal. I'd bring them up to around 350 and lower fat to 100 to stay in the same cal range.

But yea, post stats and goals with bmr/tdee for the best help possible.

Thanks for the great feedback.

I'm wearing a body bug(its a expensive device that measures your calorie expend) and usually get a 3800-4000 calorie burn from midnight to midnight on lifting days.

So overall it doesn't look like my diet is too bad.

My last bulk I did a 5 week test cycle and ate lots of processed foods like turkey meatballs and lots of wheat bread. I dropped like 2% fat and gained 22lbs.

Here's my progress pic:
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...010_4386_n.jpg

Stats:
    25 years old
    5'11"
    16% bf
    200lbs

Btw - my last bulk I was eating 4500 cal for the 5 weeks. FYI

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    2 tbsp parmesan cheese
    9oz chicken breast grilled Good complete meal. Again, same feedback on the Parmesan as for the bacon in meal 1. It's not gonna kill you but you should put those cals to better use.

I went to Bologna, Italy.. next to Parma where Parmesan cheese was invented a thousand years ago.. I was fortunate to go to a Parmasean cheese factory there and learned some interesting facts... Primarily is that most parmesan cheese is aged for about 12-24 months (can't remember) before being sold to the public.. but top notch cheeses are aged for 48 months.. and in that last 24 months all of the lactose is converted to Calcium, so you are basically eating all calcium if you used high grade parmesan cheese.. so you might want to look for that instead.. it is a bit more expensive but it tastes twice as good and supposedly is better for you too

p.s. looking good BW keep us updated

That's an interesting fact about parm cheese. I think it tastes great with garlic and olive oil. Plus I'm Italian so it gives me my fix.

Do you think maybe I should switch to Alfredo sauce? Hahaha jk

Thanks for the comments. I'd be interested to see of you have any suggestions on my training. I'll post it after my workout today.

Thx!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Damien has you set up nicely bro. Overall i'd consider lowering fat a bit and upping carbs though.

yeah, i was a bit suprised by that too.. so people who are lactose intolerant can eat it after it has been aged for 48 months.. it is not PURE calcium obviously, because there is still fat in it.. but it is better for u, and tastes much stronger so you can get away with using half as much.. no bullshit..

I'm going to stop by whole foods(whole pay check it should be called)... I'll see if I can get some.

You guys ever try ground bison? I mix an egg on the meat n make a 8oz meatloaf. Amazing.

I'm 1 week into this cycle so I'll post pictures at the end of each week.

How often would you suggest a cheat meal if any?

I was going to do one every Friday. My cheat would be something like: slow cooked full chicken in a crock pot covered in cream of chicken soup. It's not the calories that people eat at burgerking but to me it's a cheat?

Quote Originally Posted by bwatcher949;529***8
    I'm going to stop by whole foods(whole pay check it should be called)... I'll see if I can get some.

You guys ever try ground bison? I mix an egg on the meat n make a 8oz meatloaf. Amazing.

I'm 1 week into this cycle so I'll post pictures at the end of each week.

How often would you suggest a cheat meal if any?

I was going to do one every Friday. My cheat would be something like: slow cooked full chicken in a crock pot covered in cream of chicken soup. It's not the calories that people eat at burgerking but to me it's a cheat?
    x2 about Whole Foods - just ridiculous!

Bison is really good and a great protein choice. Cheat meal - you're on a bulk diet, so I wouldn't suggest it at all. I'd only incorporate a cheat meal on a cut or relatively reduced calorie diet. That said, what you're proposing as your cheat meal isn't all that bad, so if it makes that much of a difference to you, have it - but I would try and fit it into your daily marcos instead of going that much over.

Right on. Yea I stay away from fast-food all together. It's the reason why this country is a bunch of slobs. I used to eat burger king twice a day when I was a digesting pig.

It's all or nothin.

Quote Originally Posted by bwatcher949 View Post
    Right on. Yea I stay away from fast-food all together. It's the reason why this country is a bunch of slobs. I used to eat burger king twice a day when I was a digesting pig.

It's all or nothin.
    Dude, 7 days a week, my diet consisted of: McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Taco Bell, Wendy's, Pizza, Chinese Food, Subs... and that was just the meals. Let's not even get into the donuts, cookies, ice cream, cakes, soda, and all the other $hit I was shoveling down the gullet. It's actually AMAZING that I only got up to 255lbs after 10 years of eating that way.

Thread Information