222ph is offline New Member

Newb seeking advice

For all my life I have had a hard time gaining weight could had been because of issues with my thyroid and food allergies.

I'm 19
    5'9''
    133lbs

and y doctor has ran numerous blood tests on me and has put me on a topical cream. I'm worried if this is safe?

It's 1g each day for 8weeks.

of nandrolone
    Last edited by 222ph; 08-24-2010 at 09:51 PM.

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    of nandrolone ? please give more information

what did the blood tests say?

your thyroid would play a big part in your weight issues. but once that is undercontrol
    diet and training are your next best things.
    steroids will not help you

smalltime7 is offline Member
    put the specifics of the blood work up here these guys can work with you but it does seem odd 19 y/o on test cream. aside from that you need to visit the diet section and EAT

I have continuously weighed my portions and have progressively increased them Currently I consume 100g fat, 200g carb, 300g pro on off days, 85g fat 250g carb, 300g pro on my workout days. I do a 3-day split MWF.

I don't have my blood results but I remember having low test and low igf lvls or something rather.

Did I read your post right? Your doctor's giving you 7g (7000mg) of nandrolone per week for 8 weeks?

yes, its a nandrolone compound and i rub 1g in my skin everyday for 8 wks.

Neevor is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 222ph View Post
    I have continuously weighed my portions and have progressively increased them Currently I consume 100g fat, 200g carb, 300g pro on off days, 85g fat 250g carb, 300g pro on my workout days. I do a 3-day split MWF.

I don't have my blood results but I remember having low test and low igf lvls or something rather.
    Well no wonder you arent gaining any weight dude. You are pretty much eating my lifting partners diet for maintaining her weight. Yeah, HER weight. Shes 142lbs and 5'7 and she eats around 2300 calories to 2500 calories to maintain her weight.

When I first started lifting (I'm 6'3, and was 180lbs) I had to eat 5500 calories a day to gain weight cause my metabolism is so fast. It wasnt easy, I ate every meal till I felt like I was gonna puke and washed the last bites down with water.

You need to eat more and you need to go post in the diet forum and forget steroids for now, and your doctor needs to take some nutrition courses. Drugs arent your answer, at least not for weight gain, maybe slowing your thyroid down.

Oddly enough, I actually have an underactive thyroid. I will increase the calories again. I was able to put on about 8lbs in 5months with this 85gfat, 200gcarb, 250pro, but i came to a stand still. at the time i was also doing a 2-day split/hardgainer routine. My lifts only increased about 10-30lbs each.

Quote Originally Posted by 222ph View Post
    Oddly enough, I actually have an underactive thyroid. I will increase the calories again. I was able to put on about 8lbs in 5months with this 85gfat, 200gcarb, 250pro, but i came to a stand still. at the time i was also doing a 2-day split/hardgainer routine. My lifts only increased about 10-30lbs each.
    Yeah when I was starting I only lifted 3 to 4 days a week and I did heavy weight, no cardio, and limited my workouts to no more than an hour and a half. That seemed to work pretty well combined with the high calorie diet I was talkin about. Once I put on more muscle (and probably due to getting older) my metabolism started slowing and now I eat the same amount of calories to bulk as I used to but weighing 225-240ish instead of 180. you're welcome to PM me if you want diet advice past what I've told you.

Quote Originally Posted by Neevor View Post
    Yeah when I was starting I only lifted 3 to 4 days a week and I did heavy weight, no cardio, and limited my workouts to no more than an hour and a half. That seemed to work pretty well combined with the high calorie diet I was talkin about. Once I put on more muscle (and probably due to getting older) my metabolism started slowing and now I eat the same amount of calories to bulk as I used to but weighing 225-240ish instead of 180. you're welcome to PM me if you want diet advice past what I've told you.
    I would PM, but apparently I don't have privileges to do so.

Ah, yes, you need more posts to get PM privilages. Get in the Lounge and start chatting. You need to be posting in the diet and training forum. If you can get your posts up past 15 or 25 I think you get PM privs. Its a tool to stop spam I believe.

In any case I'll chat with you a bit on here.

Since your thyroid is UNDERactive the meds you are taking (synthroid ?) are causing your body to stay skinny. One thing you might ask your doc about is maybe lowering your dosage a little so you dont have to eat as much. See what he says. I'm in no way saying that you should do that without a doctors advice tho.

As far as your diet is concerned, well, I told you I ate 5500 a day to gain weight. You're a little smaller than I was so you probably wont need to eat more than 4500 but we shall see. You have to be able to eat 6 to 8 times a day. Here's a sample meal plan to accomplish that (this is a sample of a high calorie meal day for me)

6am - 5 eggs cooked in olive oil, 1cup oats, 2 cups 1% milk, 2 cups fat free yogurt w walnuts and blueberries - aprox. 1400 calories with a 3/4/2 protein/carb/fat ratio

8:30am - One Serving Up Your Mass shake, handfull of almonds - approx 690 calories

11:00am - 8 oz steak, 2 cups of cooked brown rice, broccoli - approx. 900 calories

1:30pm - One Serving Up Your Mass shake, banana - approx 620 calories

4:00pm - Preworkout 1 scoop Casein and 3/4 cup Oats - aprox 350 calories

4:30pm - Interworkout BCAAs and sugar (sipped throughout workout) - 220 calories

6:00pm - 2 scoups whey protein, two chicken breast (8oz), 2 cups cooked white rice, veggie, 2 cups 1% milk- aprox 1300 calories

9:00pm - Before Bed 1.5 scoups Casein Protein - 180 calories

Theres about 5600 calories in that and you probably wont need that many calories so you can modify each meal to reduce the calories over the day by say removing an egg from bfast, reducing the weight gainer shakes from 4 scoups to 3, cutting the caesin before bed down to just 1 scoup, get the picture?

When I started I was not very good about cooking every night so you can make big batches of lean ground beef or turkey mixed with brown rice and spices, that way you can dig into it when you need your meals. Some people might say you are getting too much of your protein from the shakes so you could eat the brown rice and beef combo instead of the weight gainers but I find that eating that much is very time consuming and at first your jaw might even get sore lol.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have other questions..

legalwebreview is offline New Member
    For carrying out this procedure of sale, you will have to prepare a Power of attorney, designating the person or agent, whom you want to act on your behalf, for selling of the property. Such designated person can execute the sale transaction with the same power as your own or mentioned in Power of Attorney.
    Last edited by legalwebreview; 08-28-2010 at 12:59 AM.

Numb uK is offline Junior Member
    Ah, yes, you need more posts to get PM privilages. Get in the Lounge and start chatting. You need to be posting in the diet and training forum. If you can get your posts up past 15 or 25 I think you get PM privs. Its a tool to stop spam I believe.

Since your thyroid is UNDERactive the meds you are taking (synthroid ?) are causing your body to stay skinny. One thing you might ask your doc about is maybe lowering your dosage a little so you dont have to eat as much. See what he says. I'm in no way saying that you should do that without a doctors advice tho.

As far as your diet is concerned, well, I told you I ate 5500 a day to gain weight. You're a little smaller than I was so you probably wont need to eat more than 4500 but we shall see. You have to be able to eat 6 to 8 times a day. Here's a sample meal plan to accomplish that (this is a sample of a high calorie meal day for me)

6am - 5 eggs cooked in olive oil, 1cup oats, 2 cups 1% milk, 2 cups fat free yogurt w walnuts and blueberries - aprox. 1400 calories with a 3/4/2 protein/carb/fat ratio

8:30am - One Serving Up Your Mass shake, handfull of almonds - approx 690 calories

11:00am - 8 oz steak, 2 cups of cooked brown rice, broccoli - approx. 900 calories

4:30pm - Interworkout BCAAs and sugar (sipped throughout workout) - 220 calories

6:00pm - 2 scoups whey protein, two chicken breast (8oz), 2 cups cooked white rice, veggie, 2 cups 1% milk- aprox 1300 calories

Theres about 5600 calories in that and you probably wont need that many calories so you can modify each meal to reduce the calories over the day by say removing an egg from bfast, reducing the weight gainer shakes from 4 scoups to 3, cutting the caesin before bed down to just 1 scoup, get the picture?

When I started I was not very good about cooking every night so you can make big batches of lean ground beef or turkey mixed with brown rice and spices, that way you can dig into it when you need your meals. Some people might say you are getting too much of your protein from the shakes so you could eat the brown rice and beef combo instead of the weight gainers but I find that eating that much is very time consuming and at first your jaw might even get sore lol.

Bravo! I've followed a similar plan in the past. I specifically getting jaw ache at the beginning lol. Also I remember thinking I was going to vomit if I saw another piece of food. 222ph, I'm not well educated about you problem. But I remember when I was your age and I couldn't put weight on, when I took the right food supplements and ate the right foods and trained hard, I began to see results VERY slowly. Try to follow some of the advice given and speak with your doctor again maybe?

Thanks for that. And the thyroid I take is Armour. I will definently talk with my doc about lowering my dosages.

This is for sure going to be a challenge. Haha. I struggle eating just 2950 calories.

Thread Information