justtrnd40 is offline Associate Member

nolvadex alterantives

I need to start some anti-e and have plenty of nolva but I am worried about the vision side effects. I have to work alot at night and my vision is bad enough now. Would l-dex be better as far as side effects? I am on my 7th week of 500mg a week of test-e and need to get rid of some bloat. Also my nips are getting very itchy and sensitive. I also have proviron but have read that it totally blocks estrogen.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by justtrnd40
    I need to start some anti-e and have plenty of nolva but I am worried about the vision side effects. I have to work alot at night and my vision is bad enough now. Would l-dex be better as far as side effects? I am on my 7th week of 500mg a week of test-e and need to get rid of some bloat. Also my nips are getting very itchy and sensitive. I also have proviron but have read that it totally blocks estrogen.
    Nolvadex does not give me any vision problems, does it give you it? Second Nolvadex is not really an anti-e, it is a SERM or estrogen antagoinst/agonist depending on where in the body. If you want another SERM then try clomid, but clomid gives many more people vision problems which was your question. If you want a true anti-e then Proviron , letro, and adex/ldex are options.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    IMO if you are getting gyno then nolva is the way to go due to its affinity for breast tissue it is better a fighting gyno. For a general use anti e during cycle I like Ldex, handles the bloat and usually for me keeps the estrogen low enough I don't need to resort to nolva for gyno probs.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    If you're using it for gyno l-dex and femara are the ones to use, They stop the convertion of estrogen, you'll know when you're using to much femara, cause your sex drive will be gone.

Nolva does block estrogen, but you'll still have the estrogen to deal with. Some have gotten gyno after a cycle when they stopped the nolva

JohnnyB

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    its amazing that theres one post about nolva possibly causing vision problems, now mysteriously people are experiencing all sorts of vision problems and dont want to take nolva any more...I call it placebo effect! I have never noticed any problems from nolva or clomid

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814
    its amazing that theres one post about nolva possibly causing vision problems, now mysteriously people are experiencing all sorts of vision problems and dont want to take nolva any more...I call it placebo effect! I have never noticed any problems from nolva or clomid
    no probs with nolva ever, even in high doses.

There has been plenty of post about nolva and clomid possibly messing with vision. I have not experienced this but with the way my eyesight is now I don't want to chance it. If it has happened to only one person that is enough for me. I am mainly wanting to know what works as well so if I can take something else I will. If you haven't had any problems with it thats great but that was not my question. And it also doesn't mean that vision problems can't be a side effect. So take as much as nolva as you want I want to know what the alternatives to nolva are. Simple as that.

too much of anything can have side effects, hell drinking too much water can kill you too. My post wasnt directed at you, I was just saying since there was this big post about nolva and vision problems the other day, Ive seen more posts on this in the past few days than in the last 6 months. Kind of ironic if u ask me. Ive seen plenty of posts on clomid and vision problems too, but only recently have the nolva ones been popping up.

If youre worried about gyno go with ldex or femera. If youre paranoid about possible vision problems from nolva and clomid, what are you using for PCT then?

L-dex should work well.....letro can be over doing it unless you're really prone to gyno

Talking

too much of anything can have side effects, hell drinking too much water can kill you too. My post wasnt directed at you, I was just saying since there was this big post about nolva and vision problems the other day, Ive seen more posts on this in the past few days than in the last 6 months. Kind of ironic if u ask me. Ive seen plenty of posts on clomid and vision problems too, but only recently have the nolva ones been popping up.

If youre worried about gyno go with ldex or femera. If youre paranoid about possible vision problems from nolva and clomid, what are you using for PCT then?
    I know what you are saying. I have read alot of them lately and honestly that is what got me concerned. But I figured I would ask what works besides nolva and hopefully find something just as good. Thanks for your input. No hard feelings? Oh and my pct therapy is as follows:
    250mg test-e per week

StayJuicen34 is offline Associate Member
    if what Powerliftmike said Nolva is a SERM why do people use it as an anti estrogen why not just use Proviron because when used with testosterone or another aromatizable compound, it prevents estrogen build-up because it binds to the aromatase enzyme very strongly, thereby preventing steroids from interacting with it and forming estrogen. PROPS Peter "Big CAt" Van Mol
    Last edited by StayJuicen34; 11-15-2005 at 03:14 PM.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Quote Originally Posted by StayJuicen34
    if what Powerliftmike said Nolva is a SERM why do people use it as an anti estrogen why not just use Proviron because when used with testosterone or another aromatizable compound, it prevents estrogen build-up because it binds to the aromatase enzyme very strongly, thereby preventing steroids from interacting with it and forming estrogen.
    It is mostly confused in terminology, but Nolva is not an anti E, it is a SERM. It is very effective at prohibiting gyno due to it having a high affinity for breast tissue, which brings it to where it is needed fast, but it does not eliminate or control estrogen, it merely blocks it's receptor. AI's like ldex/letro do control/eliminate estrogen and this is why they are more effective on treating bloat. Personally I use ldex as my anti e on cycle and keep nolva handy for gyno signs.

WHAT BOUT PROVIRON u didnt answer that question, why dont eople use it over ANY Anti Estrogen cuz to me it does all teh above

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    WHAT BOUT PROVIRON u didnt answer that question, why dont eople use it over ANY Anti Estrogen cuz to me it does all teh above
    Due to it not being as accessable as Nolva.

But if Proviron is an anti-aromatase, so obviously anti-estrogens would be futile and redundant why dont people pay the extra buck to get something that would in the long run save them money since they wouldnt need to buy Anti Estrogen.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    But if Proviron is an anti-aromatase, so obviously anti-estrogens would be futile and redundant why dont people pay the extra buck to get something that would in the long run save them money since they wouldnt need to buy Anti Estrogen.
    Didnt I answer that. Read the above.

Because, the user may not have access to Proviron , only Nolva.

I do agree with your statement, and will also be using Proviron in future cycles, over Nolva.

Alright thats all I wanted to know it would be more logical to me to just find someone who has Priviron and throw the Nolva in the trash

one thing to be away of, having extremely low estrogen levels can negatively affect your cholesterol values. Nolva, being a SERM, or synthetic estrogen can actually help cholesterol values while on cycle, whereas an AI can affect them in a negative way.

Thread Information