PurplePatriot is offline Associate Member

Who has 6% bf or lower?

Do you have any pics? I am currently 185lbs at 6'2 with 7.6%bf and im not as happy as i would like to be with my level of fat which happens mostly to be over my stomach.

I am curious if at this level cutting down only 1% or so makes a big difference. I am aiming for 6.0% flat by summer. I can post pics.... with my camera phone if you are really that desperate to see my pyisch

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePatriot
    Do you have any pics? I am currently 185lbs at 6'2 with 7.6%bf and im not as happy as i would like to be with my level of fat which happens mostly to be over my stomach.

I am curious if at this level cutting down only 1% or so makes a big difference. I am aiming for 6.0% flat by summer. I can post pics.... with my camera phone if you are really that desperate to see my pyisch

At 7.6% bodyfat you should really be able to see your abs...my avatar is 4% and right now im at 5.5% and i have a decent six pack. what method did you use to test your body fat?

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    at 10% you are able to see your packs and vascularity. there are very few if any that can stay at 6% BF. the only true way to measure your BF is under water weight. see fat is buoyant therfore it doesnt weigh in water, leaving you with your true LBM, thats how you get your true BF%, other than that everyone more or less guess their BF not saying anyone's lying just most likely inaccurate.

doctorherb is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    this is about what 6% would look like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who has 6% bf or lower?-4wk1.jpg  

^^^^^ exactly Doc..

6% is about 2 to 3 weeks out from a competition.

This is me and I'm guessing 10%BF @ 220lbs
    Last edited by MrMent1on; 02-29-2008 at 08:23 AM.

Kappa Capo is offline Associate Member

185lbs at 6'2

No offence bro, but you are skinny at that weight and height.

mmaximus25 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kappa Capo
    185lbs at 6'2

No offence bro, but you are skinny at that weight and height.

Low weight indeed... You must be an Ectomorph first off to be that light and that tall... I haven't weight 185 since Highschool... I actually haven't dropped below 200 since age 19...

Your diet man... You are either overtraining (stress/cortisol levels high) and your time of intake is off drasticly... Your protien intake and carb ratio in comparison to your training may be off for your current diet down...

have you tryed a zig zag diet in order to lose BF and save muscle...?

PurplePatriot is offline Associate Member
    we all have different goals... my ultimate goal is 200. that is untill i finish track season and then MAYBE i'll go up for 215.

not all of us want to look like a horse ya know. i want to be a "skinny" you see in the gym with his tight tank top and cute little pecs you point and laugh at. If i ever need my car picked up out of a handicap space i'll let you guys do the honors.

I am in very good shape, the layer of fat came when i sat on my ass for nearly two years never touching a weight or my running shoes. And its a bitch to get rid of.

Whats a zig zag diet?

mmaximus25 is offline Senior Member
    we all have different goals... my ultimate goal is 200. that is untill i finish track season and then MAYBE i'll go up for 215.

not all of us want to look like a horse ya know. i want to be a "skinny" you see in the gym with his tight tank top and cute little pecs you point and laugh at. If i ever need my car picked up out of a handicap space i'll let you guys do the honors.

I am in very good shape, the layer of fat came when i sat on my ass for nearly two years never touching a weight or my running shoes. And its a bitch to get rid of.

Whats a zig zag diet?
    Sorry bro didn't realize you're a runner... I sprint now but ran the 800 meter in High school...

I never was good enough to remember time but I do know doing 400m sprints took any stomach fat off like hot butter so I don’t understand...

I will say don’t do a zig zag diet if you’re a big long distance runner... Even when I sprint I keep a pretty high amount on average cal intake...

There’s a big difference in training and not running... I notice my appetite is low and trying to consume 4k cals becomes harder for me...

There are many zig zag diets… but the basis of a zig zag are you are going to manipulate you metabolic rate through nutrient intake on a daily basis… you will have a carb loading day or days which is done after a period of in taking lower amounts of carbohydrates… these diets are typically low in fat to very low in fat... What happens is your body starts to utilize more or a high nutrient percentage during you loading portion... As start to cut you carbs you you will raise your protein intake to stave and save your body from as much a catabolic effect as possible... the ususally goes on for 2-3 days up until you loading day (my diets are no more than 2 days due to ketosis)... EX (Moderat protein, moderate carbs, low fat----HP, LC, LF for 2 days---- MP, HC, LF---- take body weight adjust gram intake of P,C,F per body weight--- repeat)

These diets still operate along the basis of zero to limited cheating with fat for cutting... B6 intake on high protein day is a must... fat needs to be unsaturated...

Hey I'm hungry and also dyslexic so this might be jarber

I can send you my growth zig zag and my cutting…

The growth is just the cutting with higher grams per bodyweight of the particular food group…

You might want to look at the diet area... thats new to me I dont believe that was on AR two years ago... right...
    thats ok though Diet is one area I dont need help in...

wow second time I've edited and still see bad grammer... I got to go eat see ya
    Last edited by mmaximus25; 04-11-2006 at 02:47 PM.

jcstanto is offline Associate Member
    Im 6'1 at 190. What can I do in order to gain more weight?

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by jcstanto
    Take in more calories then what your body burns/day.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Take in more calories then what your body burns/day.
    very true, fine your caloric need fo ryour height weight and age and then bumo your carlories to about 500 to 1000 more calories than your maintainance need. if you dont know how to do it, give me your age and i'll tell you how much you need, i already know your height and weight.

slob is offline Member

eat

I'm the same height and I was stuck at 185-190 for a while.
    I upped my carb intake and that helped a lot. Try to concentrate more on lots of real food and less shakes.
    Right now im 203-206 pounds depending on how much I eat/drink each day.

ricogl40 is offline Junior Member
    Last edited by ricogl40; 04-30-2006 at 01:04 AM.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Did you just say 5-6 chicken breasts/meal? Way too much.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

Thread Information