Thread: Arimidex

Bomber 10 is offline New Member

Arimidex

How long does it take for arimidex to start working? Its been 6wks since my last inj, developed a lump under my nip, test only 250mg wk, took nolva nothing, now got some arimidex will it help reduce the lump or is it to late?

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    It will definitely help. You should notice a difference within a week. Hac=ve a good read of this as well All you need to know about GYNO.

I tried to get some femara but was unable to get, adex was my last option. Like I said the lump has been there about 6 wks now. I started the adex last fri, so 3 days now, hopefully i can still catch it in time! So a wk you figure it will take the adex to work?

BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    about a wk for it 2 kick in

It has been 9 days since I started taking the adex, I have noticed not much improvement, how long should I take the adex for before giving up hope? I am still trying to get letro on hand? The nipple seems to be alot more sensitive now though since taking the adex, taking 1mg day, they are blue pills

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Firstly, you should know that correlation between when gyno therapy begins and its level of success is a myth. The appropriate treatments work well regardless of the condition's longevity, as clearly illustrated in numerous cases persistent pubertal gyno resolution.* (SEE BELOW)

Secondly, the amount of time necessary to achieve completely reversed or satisfactorily reduced sustained gyno resolution varies greatly, and is based on a several variables such as: condition type and severity (simple fatty, fatty glandular, nodule/bump, or glandular). It is important to note that one should not discontinue therapy as soon as results are seen, because the ratio imbalance (etiological cause) has not yet been wholly corrected within the affected tissue, thereby making recurrence substantially more likely. Conversely, one should continue therapy for a few weeks (observed as a couple of months w/in clinical trials) after satisfactory results have been attained.* (SEE BELOW)

Thirdly, although some have reported success from A-dex therapy, and I’m not refuting the veracity of these claims, they should indeed be considered within the very subjective light in which they’re presented because of the significant body of clinical research to the contrary. In other words, A-dex may impact some individuals, but when combating gyno one should select a better therapeutic agent, which amounts to the appropriate SERM, DHT, or a stronger AI. Furthermore, even better results have been seen with the concurrent and/or sequential administration of two or more of these agents.

Here are a couple of diverse examples of just how IMPOTENT (even at higher doses) A-dex is in gyno therapy:

Evaluation of Tamoxifen and Anastrozole in the Prevention of Gynecomastia and Breast Pain Induced by Bicalutamide Monotherapy of Prostate Cancer
    F. Boccardo, A. Rubagotti, M. Battaglia, P. Di Tonno, F.P. Selvaggi, G. Conti, G. Comeri, A. Bertaccini, G. Martorana, P. Galassi, F. Zattoni, A. Macchiarella, A. Siragusa, G. Muscas, F. Durand, D. Potenzoni, A. Manganelli, V. Ferraris, F. Montefiore
    Journal of Clinical Oncology, Vol 23, No 4 (February 1), 2005: pp. 808-815
    http://jco.ascopubs.org/cgi/content/full/23/4/808

Safety and Efficacy of Anastrozole for the Treatment of Pubertal Gynecomastia: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial
    Paul V. Plourde, Edward O. Reiter, Hann-Chang Jou, Paul E. Desrochers, Stephen D. Rubin, Barry B. Bercu, Frank B. Diamond, Jr. and Philippe F.
    Journal of Clinical Oncology, Vol 23, No 4 (February 1), 2005: pp. 808-815
    © 2005 American Society of Clinical Oncology.

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/89/9/4428
    -------------------

* THE AFOREMENTIONED PERSISTENT PUBERTAL GYNO RESOLUTION STUDIES & THE SIGNIFICANCE OF TREATMENT DURATION ON SUSTAINED RESULTS:

Tamoxifen treatment for pubertal gynecomastia

We evaluated the efficacy of the tamoxifen treatment in 37 patients with pubertal gynecomastia. All had distinct, easily palpable breast swellings with a diameter of over three cm. Pain, tenderness, and swelling associated with gynecomastia were reported by six patients. Eight of the patients were obese. One patient also suffered from varicocele. Pain and size reduction was seen in all patients with tamoxifen treatment. No long-term side effects of tamoxifen were observed. The dose of tamoxifen was increased in three patients due to poor response. Two of the treatment group had recurrence problem at follow-up. We did not need to refer any patient to surgery. Tamoxifen treatment is relatively non-toxic, may be beneficial and we think it should be considered for pubertal gynecomastia.

Derman O, Kanbur NO, Kutluk T.
    Section of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics,
    Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, 06100 Ankara-Turkey.
    Treatment of persistent pubertal gynecomastia with dihydrotestosterone heptanoate.

Four boys with persistent pubertal gynecomastia were given intramuscular dihydrotestosterone heptanoate (DHT-hp) at 2 to 4-week intervals for 16 weeks. By the end of treatment, breast size in all four boys had decreased 67% to 78%. Initial plasma levels of gonadotropins, estradiol, testosterone , and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) were normal. Mean plasma DHT concentration rose with the injections of DHT-hp, and remained elevated throughout the treatment period. Estradiol, LH, FSH, and testosterone decreased during treatment, as did 24-hour urinary LH and FSH. No regrowth of breast tissue was observed 6 to 15 months after treatment, although hormone concentrations had returned to near pretreatment values by 2 months after the last injection. DHT-hp has potential to be an effective medical therapy for persistent pubertal gynecomastia.

Eberle AJ; Sparrow JT; Keenan BS
    J Pediatr 1986 Jul;109(1):144-9.
    Beneficial effects of raloxifene and tamoxifen in the treatment of pubertal gynecomastia.

OBJECTIVES: To assess the efficacy of the anti-estrogens tamoxifen and raloxifen in the medical management of persistent pubertal gynecomastia. STUDY DESIGN: Retrospective chart review of 38 consecutive patients with persistent pubertal gynecomastia who presented to a pediatric endocrinology clinic. Patients received reassurance alone or a 3- to 9-month course of an estrogen receptor modifier (tamoxifen or raloxifene). RESULTS: Mean (SD) age of treated subjects was 14.6 (1.5) years with gynecomastia duration of 28.3 (16.4) months. Mean reduction in breast nodule diameter was 2.1 cm (95% CI 1.7, 2.7, P <.0001) after treatment with tamoxifen and 2.5 cm (95% CI 1.7, 3.3, P <.0001) with raloxifene. Some improvement was seen in 86% of patients receiving tamoxifen and in 91% receiving raloxifene, but a greater proportion had a significant decrease (>50%) with raloxifene (86%) than tamoxifen (41%). No side effects were seen in any patients. CONCLUSION: Inhibition of estrogen receptor action in the breast appears to be safe and effective in reducing persistent pubertal gynecomastia, with a better response to raloxifene than to tamoxifen. Further study is required to determine that this is truly a treatment effect.

Lawrence SE; Faught KA; Vethamuthu J; Lawson ML
    J Pediatr. 2004 Jul;145(1):71-6.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

Thanks for that insight well appreciated. But I am wondering from past experiences with guys here. Surgery could be my only option, I would like to get it done asap then if the adex is not gonna work. Thanks

one8nine is offline Banned
    magic i really think you should make that into a thread in the educational forum so i can push that link around the board!

treant is offline Junior Member
    So Tamoxifen seems to prevent gyno better than arimidex ?

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    Revived a 7 year old thread.

Tamox is a SERM - it targets estro in breast tissue.
    adex is an AI

Keep your estrogen in check with an AI and you won't have problems with gyno.

Thread Information