richtries is offline Associate Member

optimum rep range for a female to burn fat?

Any ideas be much appreciated.

Currently she is doing weights plus 50 mins cardio in the morning 5 days a week . . .

Cardio

30 mins bike
    20 mins treadmill

Weights (per bodypart, 3 excercises 4 sets each 12-15 reps)

Mon shoulders
    Tues back
    Wed chest
    Thurs legs
    Fri stomach (slightly varied)

She is a little concerned she is going to bulk too much, i keep saying its not that easy to add muscle but . . .

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richtries View Post
    Any ideas be much appreciated.

Currently she is doing weights plus 50 mins cardio in the morning 5 days a week . . .

Cardio

30 mins bike
    20 mins treadmill

Weights (per bodypart, 3 excercises 4 sets each 12-15 reps)

Mon shoulders
    Tues back
    Wed chest
    Thurs legs
    Fri stomach (slightly varied)

She is a little concerned she is going to bulk too much, i keep saying its not that easy to add muscle but . . .
    She is not a man, she wont bulk up. Muscles are necessary to keep her burning calories day and night. She wants to be lean and toned I would hope? Then she needs to keep up with the weights.

Why abs on its own day? add abs to a couple of the workout days. use the abs day as a cardio only day or even a day off. Also, I dont recommend planning certain days to workout. It's just not feasible imo. Life always throws us curveballs and we get busy. Let the day offs/cardio only days come as needed when required.

richtries is offline Associate Member
    thanks ad, tbh hasnt been going exactly to that plan anyway due to work etc. But trying to ensure she trains each body part per week and getting in around 45 mins cardio per day, have weekends off. Just not 100% on which rep range to go for, does 12-15 sound right. I wish it was that easy to bulk up ha

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    yeah she definitley wont bulk up.

the regimen she has seems fine. 10-15 reps is a spot on. good metabolic work and a bit of strength and stamina to boot.

just make sure she isnt pushing too hard as the workout will soon become a chore and she might quit.

Thread Information