4347true is offline New Member

? why wouldnt doc talk about this being for life

I was put on test from a uro, I wonder why he didnt say it could be for life? seems like they would mention that. If it wasnt for this web site, I would have had no clue about most of the stuff that has happened! I think Docs should be more frimiliar with the real world of medicine, It really makes you think about anyother time you have a medical problem, My docs have been great people but I feel like i had to guide them thru this whole thing. And i am damn sure no expert.

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    It's a sad state of affairs, you would think that a uro would have been more forth coming in his approach than your normal GP.

SWOLLL is offline Associate Member
    Be happy your dr would take guidance you could have one like mine that is dead set in his misguided ways.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    TRT stands for testosterone replacement therapy.

One would take test because your body doesn't make enough. Taking it replaces the bodies natural production.

Taking test doesn't ever help your body go back to making normal levels and you have to be on it forever.

If you really have low natural test they why wouldn't you want to be on it for life? Life sucks for those with low test.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Same here. I have seen 2 docs that gave me perscriptions and they never mentioned it. I learned a lot from this site for sure.

4347true is offline New Member
    i am not complaining, i am happy i feel better! And if i have to be on it for life thats fine. It just seems like they would have mentioned that.

natureboy is offline Member
    The last uro I seen said he wasn't familiar with all this. He said he memorized what he had to to get through the boards. Atleast he did know that I would be on for life!

Dr_BruceBanner is offline Junior Member
    Yeah my Doc never mentioned it to me either but I knew what the deal was going in so I didn't feel like I got screwed. In fact I felt blessed that I have some test in me now where before I felt like shit. What man in their right freaking mind wants to go around feeling shitty with no testosterone in his body you know!

onelv is offline New Member
    Think about it if you quit taking test will go back to normal,this is a band aid on the real problem.

random321 is offline New Member
    I'm still confused. I've heard that you don't have to go on it for life. In a book I read it says you can go off it and resume the old (low levels) you used to have. Yeah, you can never go off it and have normal levels again, because you didn't have normal levels to start with. Is this right?

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by random321 View Post
    I'm still confused. I've heard that you don't have to go on it for life. In a book I read it says you can go off it and resume the old (low levels) you used to have. Yeah, you can never go off it and have normal levels again, because you didn't have normal levels to start with. Is this right?
    See bold.

The point is that TRT doesn't fix anything if you go off of it.

Thread Information