Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    churchill5151 is offline Junior Member

Prop only, first Cycle

Ok I just shot my first dose of prop at 125mg's which I will be doing EOD for 8 weeks.

Starting weight is 225. I'm 6'2 and have been training for 6 years, currently following the westside barbell template. I have my pct set up to start 3 days after my last injection and will run clomid/nolva during the first week at 100/50 ED. For the last 3 weeks of PCT I will run them at 50/20. Only thing I'm curious about is what everyone likes to use for supplements when on cycle. Should I lay off the creatine to get the full idea of how test works with me?

My camera is fubared so I'll have to wait til I'm at a buddies for pics. I'm using 18G 1inch to withdrawl and 25G 1inch to inject. I was surprised how easily it came out of the vial using the 18 gauge one. Putting the needle in felt like nothing, did right upper glute by myself.

Was wondering what everyone was talking about with prop hurting and within a couple minutes it felt like some invisible midget headbutted me in the ass. So it feels like a charlie horse. I'm not expecting results right away and my training has been peaking as of late so I will update with results when there are results.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Unless you are extremely lean, I'd prefer a 1.5" pin for glutes.

You'll get a lot of mixed opinions on the creatine. I personally don't think it will matter that much if you take it on cycle, but some prefer to save it for pct.

Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    Unless you are extremely lean, I'd prefer a 1.5" pin for glutes.

You'll get a lot of mixed opinions on the creatine. I personally don't think it will matter that much if you take it on cycle, but some prefer to save it for pct.
    I do a huge amount of posterior chain work so I've got a lot of muscle in my legs and glutes, the place most of my body fat likes to hang around is the love handles. So the length of the needle should be fine for glutes. I'm going to be cycling injection sites too and if it isn't too bad injecting into the quads, I might not do the glutes again since they are hard to reach by your self.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Is this your first cycle? in case yes, 125 mg eod is a lot to stat with.
    Also, I would not use creatine but experiment with test alone.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    Is this your first cycle? in case yes, 125 mg eod is a lot to stat with.
    Also, I would not use creatine but experiment with test alone.
    I'm only running it for 8 weeks. Thanks for the input though.

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by churchill5151 View Post
    I'm only running it for 8 weeks. Thanks for the input though.
    You are welcome but did not answer my question.
    Though, you did anyway.

So, I would suggest you to review your idea since test prop is a short ester and 437,5 mg ew is more than usually suggested for a first cycle.

Any blood work?

Anyway, Good Luck

You are welcome but did not answer my question.
    Though, you did anyway.

So, I would suggest you to review your idea since test prop is a short ester and 437,5 mg ew is more than usually suggested for a first cycle.

Any blood work?

Anyway, Good Luck
    I live in Canada and my last checkup which included blood work was all fine. I do not have a copy to post, but I will get it done again upon completion of this cycle.

I've been looking around at other prop cycles for beginners and have seen some going with 150 mg's EOD. I know that using cyp or enth, people suggest using 400-500 mg's per week for a first cycle. I understand that test prop is a shorter ester and there is actually more test in each shot compared to the other esters but 125mg's shouldn't be overkill. If I feel that it is too much, then I will lower the dose. Sound reasonable?

BJJ
    I live in Canada and my last checkup which included blood work was all fine. I do not have a copy to post, but I will get it done again upon completion of this cycle.

I've been looking around at other prop cycles for beginners and have seen some going with 150 mg's EOD. I know that using cyp or enth, people suggest using 400-500 mg's per week for a first cycle. I understand that test prop is a shorter ester and there is actually more test in each shot compared to the other esters but 125mg's shouldn't be overkill. If I feel that it is too much, then I will lower the dose. Sound reasonable?
    You seem to be a guy with a "brain within his skull" so, I would say go for it and keep us posted.

You seem to be a guy with a "brain within his skull" so, I would say go for it and keep us posted.
    Thanks for the kind words. I've spoken to people/amateur bodybuilders who've done cycles. I've read quite a bit on this site and others because I fully understand what the ramifications could be if you don't know what you're doing when it comes to anabolics.

One of my first potential sources was eliminated from the group of people who I trust with this sort of stuff gave me the worst advice ever. It was after I told him repeatedly what I wanted, since I've done my homework, that he instead told me what I SHOULD be taking and his advice was to "stop reading, that's your problem". I laughed.

BJJ
    Thanks for the kind words. I've spoken to people/amateur bodybuilders who've done cycles. I've read quite a bit on this site and others because I fully understand what the ramifications could be if you don't know what you're doing when it comes to anabolics.

One of my first potential sources was eliminated from the group of people who I trust with this sort of stuff gave me the worst advice ever. It was after I told him repeatedly what I wanted, since I've done my homework, that he instead told me what I SHOULD be taking and his advice was to "stop reading, that's your problem". I laughed.
    What about your stats?
    I mean age and bf?

What about your stats?
    6'2, 225lbs, 26 years old, training for 6, bf% 13, first cycle.

Lifting stats: bench 250x1, rows 275x5, squats 375x3, deads 520x3.

BJJ
    6'2, 225lbs, 26 years old, training for 6, bf% 13, first cycle.

Lifting stats: bench 250x1, rows 275x5, squats 375x3, deads 520x3.
    PCT ready?

PCT ready?
    Stated it above, but here it is again.
    1st week clomid/nolva 100/40 mg's ED
    2nd to 4th 50/20 mg's ED

BJJ
    Stated it above, but here it is again.
    1st week clomid/nolva 100/40 mg's ED
    2nd to 4th 50/20 mg's ED
    Sorry my bad.
    Seems OK, but I would advise you to rely on blood work and not only on usual protocol.

Sorry my bad.
    Seems OK, but I would advise you to rely on blood work and not only on usual protocol.
    Sound advice. I'll re-evaluate if necessary with blood work results.

xaviercory is offline Junior Member
    i have done and will continue to do only prop for a test. wait until week 4 when it really kicks in. if the site injections become too much too handle like mine was because of the ba count please get some sterile grape seed oil as it will really smooth the pain of prop to none.

Quote Originally Posted by xaviercory View Post
    i have done and will continue to do only prop for a test. wait until week 4 when it really kicks in. if the site injections become too much too handle like mine was because of the ba count please get some sterile grape seed oil as it will really smooth the pain of prop to none.
    I've got a pretty good pain tolerance, but hopefully it won't come to that. You're suggesting I draw some grape seed oil in my syringe before drawing out the test? What amount did you administer per shot?

number28 is offline Associate Member
    Good luck my borda...I will b following

Quote Originally Posted by number28 View Post
    Good luck my borda...I will b following

number28 is offline Associate Member
    Quick question? R u using amps of vials? HG or UGL?

Quote Originally Posted by number28 View Post
    Quick question? R u using amps of vials? HG or UGL?
    Vials. They're UGL from Canada. I'd say who but I'm sure we're not supposed to unless in pm's.

I've got a pretty good pain tolerance, but hopefully it won't come to that. You're suggesting I draw some grape seed oil in my syringe before drawing out the test? What amount did you administer per shot?
    i do a mix ratio of 1 to 1. it use to be bad for me until i discovered this simple solution years ago. now i could pin myself everyday using prop with it. for the guys who do it without grapeseed oil i admire you greatly but i was a wuss. it felt like i got shot with a pellet gun at point blank range

Little Herc is offline Associate Member
    Where can I get some of that sterile grapeseed oil? Been looking for it on the net and i can not find any. I plan on using prop and I can't be limping around all day.

I'm not trying to hijack your thread

Quote Originally Posted by Little Herc View Post
    Where can I get some of that sterile grapeseed oil? Been looking for it on the net and i can not find any. I plan on using prop and I can't be limping around all day.

I'm not trying to hijack your thread
    I'd wait and see how you respond. It feels like a light charlie horse for me. I'm not limping.

i found it in 15sec using google.lol dont get lazy about something you might shoot in your muscles. and please get the filtered version

http://www.researchsupply.net/oils.html
    Last edited by xaviercory; 01-31-2010 at 07:25 AM.

I'll stay posted for feedback on this cycle since I'll be using prop on my next cycle.

Little Herc is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviercory View Post
    i found it in 15sec using google.lol dont get lazy about something you might shoot in your muscles. and please get the filtered version

http://www.researchsupply.net/oils.html
    Yeah I saw that one but I wasn't sure if filtered meant sterile.

- GAL -->

PuzzyFalker is offline Banned
    Im currently on my 3rd week of prop and the results are amazing. Try pinning in your upper quad. Seems to work good for me.

Second pin was this morning. Did the mid outer thigh. Everything went smoothly again, no blood when I pulled back on the plunger. But I can see what people are talking about with the thigh being a painful spot to inject. Nothing that isn't manageable though. I don't know if the pain is being compounded by the lower body session I did yesterday (DOMS), just feels like some one knee'd me in the leg. I was wondering if anyone gets the feeling of their muscles feeling harder this early on? I've heard it's one of those positive side effects that happen, or it might just be my mind playing favourable tricks on me.

- GAL -->

randy bobandy is offline New Member
    You still alive bro? How is it going?

Still here man. So far no sides. Have had some personal records in the bench, squat and incline bench. Its been 2 weeks and my weight gain has only been about 5 lbs. That's on an empty stomach in the morning. I don't really care about weight gain though.

Weekly report and everything's still going smoothly. Blood pressure is up a bit but nothing to worry about. Eating clean for the most part but mostly eating everything in site and my fridge can't stay full. Maybe some acne but nothing crazy. Gotten used to the painful shots, maybe I just have a better pain tolerance than most (babies :P). Strength gains have been pretty damned good too. Its very hard to stop myself from doing more work than needed in the gym. I don't want to overtrain but at the same time I want to keep going, but I've never handled as much weight as I am now with this much frequency. Just yesterday I put up a weight on the bench press for 3 reps that I couldn't get for 1 prior to this cycle, I was laughing during the final rep. All I can say is I can't wait until the end of this cycle to see how far I've gotten and, results/sides pending, start planning my next cycle.

Alright so everything is still going relatively smooth. Acne is not a problem. Shots are still a little painful. Blood pressure is up, but not too high, so says the doc. The only thing I have a problem with are the lower back pumps. They are almost so bad after deadlifts and squats that sometimes I need to cut other exercises out and do them some other day. Anyone else ever get this? Any solution or do I just have to tough it out? Other than that I've been making awesome gains in strength. My squat is up 20 lbs, bench is up 25 lbs and deadlifts are up 30 lbs.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    looking good. im suprised you havent complained about the prop pain.

u carrying any water?

Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    looking good. im suprised you havent complained about the prop pain.

u carrying any water?
    A little bit. Nothing too crazy. The pain after the injection isn't too bad, similar to a charlie horse. I think it's funny that people complain about the pain because more often than not, in the gym, no pain does equal no gain.

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    any pics mate of how this cycle is coming along?

if not how are the results coming along?

BJJ
    Any testicular shrinkage?

I did not take any before pics as my goals are for strength. The results are pleasing. And I have not experienced any testicular shrinking, or they haven't shrunk enough for me to notice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information