Thread: body fat

body fat

what do you think my b.f. is and do I have a good base
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails body fat-ronnie-progress.jpg  

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    18-20% and honestly no, it doesnt look like you have built a good base of muscle yet. I think if you were to get down to a respectable 10-12% bodyfat you would be very skinny. You just need more time at the gym and at the dinner table.

well thanks for your honesty.This is the worse I looked in a while barely make it to the gym 2 times a week but thats all about to change I know I have potential to be big if I put 100% into it.I have been big b4.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Yep, hitting the gym twice a week along with a subpar diet will be some things you need to fix to reach your goals. Just gotta put in the time AND the work is all.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Good luck man, hit it hard and keep us posted as to your progress!

When I was 20%+ bodyfat, I thought I was 'big' underneath all that too. The more weight I lost, the more I realized I was just a skinny $hit underneath the fat with no muscle base whatsoever. Sad reality to face, but it is what it is and I am now trying to make up for lost time.

How old are you?

23,I was in good shape untill my son came along took a little break

so do you think I need to keep bulking up or what someone give me a game plan?

I think you should focus on slowly adding lean mass while reducing bodyfat. First and foremost, get over to the diet section, post up your diet (INCLUDE ALL MACRO INFO, protein/carb/fat/calories for each meal) and get some help with it.

My diet lol it is shit,I eat whatever whenever I really need help in that area dont even know were to start

I want to get my diet on key hit the gym for a solid 2 months then hit a good lean bulk cycle any suggestions?

Like I said, get over to the diet section and start there. if you have no current diet (i.e. you eat anything you want), then spend some time reading other people's posts about their own diet, look at the suggestions and tweaks that have been made and come up with your own based on your research.

Then post yours up in the proper format and people will help customize it just for you.

crabmasta is offline Junior Member
    im not one to talk, but maybe you should give it more than two months before you look to cycle, let your body naturally hit a platue to where you cant build anymore muscle. then introduce the steroids into your system and your gains will sky rocket. i made the mistake of getting to ancy and starting before my body was ready all i can say is wish i gave myself more time.... and like they said above diet,diet,diet!

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Good luck man, hit it hard and keep us posted as to your progress!

When I was 20%+ bodyfat, I thought I was 'big' underneath all that too. The more weight I lost, the more I realized I was just a skinny $hit underneath the fat with no muscle base whatsoever. Sad reality to face, but it is what it is and I am now trying to make up for lost time.

How old are you?

^^^^ this is often the case,alot of people underestimate how much weight they need to lose to be lean,also with alot of the so called dirty bulkers out there, what happens is after they dirty bulk and put on all that weight and start to lose it months later they find alot of empty space under all that fat they put on. but to the OP yeah bro just get the diet down and as suggested go to the diet forum that will be a great help to you,then get that training routine going,stick to both you be on your way but as mentioned i would hold off longer than 2 months to cycle.

wow actually im 15.6 % b.f. got skin fold test done today.Trainer said Im in good shape for not working out much and eating whatever.But Im really about to stop messing around and get serious.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails body fat-ronnie-bodybuilding.jpg  

Exilus is offline Banned
    Theres no way hes 18-20% you start having a fat belly at like 14-15% and this guy doesn't have one you can see some ab definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Exilus View Post
    Theres no way hes 18-20% you start having a fat belly at like 14-15% and this guy doesn't have one you can see some ab definition.
    thank you bro I knew I wasnt no damm 18 % bf

I was just told i'm 20% which is pretty disheartning....

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I was just told i'm 20% which is pretty disheartning....
    you def. cant go by a pic to determine someones b.f. not possible.

just wanted to see what ppl said

frank4242 is offline Junior Member
    man i feel you on the gaining weight while having a baby... I gained 40 lbs over the last year bc my wife was preg. so hard for me to lose the weight. my diet is the same as yours it is shit. im just trying to eat healthier but i just dont understand the whole technical dieting i read on this site. not that i dont understnad it i just think its so much work to measure out everything and i just dont even know where to start as far as a grocery list.

Baseball_Player85 is offline Junior Member
    If you don't want to do the work the best Idea is to get your TDEE and then go to the DIET SECTION and look at some of the diets people are posting and adopt their diets and make them your own. You will need to tweek them by adding or subtracting cals due to your TDEE. If you don't know your TDEE google TDEE Calculator and find out.

Good luck guys

Baseball_Player85 is offline Junior Member
    Oh and LegendKiller85, Some of the guys in here are pro's. They are nutritionist and trainers. There are guys here that can tell you what your BF is by looking at your picture and will be on within 2%. With that being said those electronic BF scales can vary up to 6%. Shit even the caliper test can vary 6% depending on who is performing it. You should post another picture with a headline "what's my Body Fat %".

Thread Information