stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici

Exclamation Esters: Debunking The Myth

Hopefully here I will try and explain the controversial debate about esters and the amount of time(days) they take to reach their peak concentration.

This was first brought to my intention through a Ronnie Rowland post which also questioned the common conception that short esters peak much faster then long esters.

The injection protocol below provided is unreasonable regarding daily dosages, but it is aimed to simplify matters.

OK

Now we should all know:

100mg test cyp = 69.9 mg actual testosterone
    100mg test prop = 83.72 mg actual testosterone

THEREFORE:

500mg of test cyp = 349.5mg actual testosterone
    417mg of test prop= 349.5mg actual testosterone

-------------------

Assume that we wish to inject one of these substances everyday for a total of 500mg total for the week. Remember we are taking into consideration of ester weights and equal amounts of 'actual' testosterone given per mg.

Test Cyp: 500mg/7 = 71.42mg injected ed
    Test Prop 417mg/7 = 59.5mg injected ed

Testosterone Cypionate: (using 6 day half life)

After injecting 71.42mg every day of Test Cyp (total 500mg per wk), your total blood concentration levels would equal this.(Includes 5% waste factor)

Total ............. Minus Ester weight:
    wk 1 = 191mg ..... wk 1 = 133mg
    wk 2= 366mg ..... wk 2= 255mg
    wk 3= 432mg ..... wk 3= 302mg
    wk4= 457mg ..... wk 4= 319mg
    wk5= 467mg ..... wk 5= 326.43mg

Remember we are 'trying' to achieve 349.5mg of actual Testosterone minus Ester weight, as we injected 500mg of Test Cyp every week.

Testosterone Propionate: (using 2 day half life)

After injecting 59.5mg everyday of Test Prop (total 417mg per wk), your total blood concentration levels would equal this. (Includes 5% waste factor)

Total ........... Minus Ester Weight

wk 1 = 268mg ..... wk 1= 159mg
    wk 2= 382mg ..... wk 2 = 319.81mg
    wk 3= 392mg ..... wk 3 = 328.2mg
    wk 4= 392mg ..... wk 4= 328.8mg
    wk 5= 392mg ...... wk 5= 328.8mg

Remember again we are 'trying' to achieve 349.5mg of actual Testosterone minus Ester weight, as we injected 417mg of Test prop every week.

Results:

As seen in the tables provided, concentrations of testosterone levels are achieved slightly earlier with Test prop, but not in significant difference. It is to be noted that peak testosterone concentration levels were both fully achieved in both esters by week 5.

KEY NOTES:

The levels were calculated using the "roid calculator"

http://www.steroidsource.net/calculator.htm

Includes 5% waste factor
    Half life Test prop used = 2 days
    Half life Test cyp used = 6 days

----------------------------
    Now i know alot of senior members will be saying, "things look different on paper", but i am in all means not substituting this for real life experience (especially regarding from the VETS).

If anyone would like to add any remarks be sure to do so. Also please post any study that you can find which can possibly contradict my post. Also let me know if you don't understand something.

awms is offline Senior Member
    Great post! so if the half life is 6 days of test cyp does that mean half of it is out of your system in 6 days? or half is released into your blood at day 6? I have always been a bit confused about this....

Blog Entries
    as impressive as this all looks dont you think your over thinking this too much?....if someone uses 500mg per week of any ester and it works dose it really matter if its exactly 500mgs scientificly....when i eat 6 oz of beef, i call it six ounces even though there is obviously an once or whatever of fat in there...i dont scientificly break it down....thats just overkill imho...

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    as impressive as this all looks dont you think your over thinking this too much?....if someone uses 500mg per week of any ester and it works dose it really matter if its exactly 500mgs scientificly....when i eat 6 oz of beef, i call it six ounces even though there is obviously an once or whatever of fat in there...i dont scientificly break it down....thats just overkill imho...
    i think your missing the mark here, the 500mg dosage is irrelevant, the point of this was to debate the existence of shorter esters 'peaking' much faster then longer ones of comparison. If i understood your reply properly.

Blog Entries
    ohh i get it i though you where just showing that 500mg wasnt really 500mg cus of the ester...my bad bro...i guess i didnt read it properly....im a bit hungover this am so i appologize...

i apologize if i made it somewhat confusing, i tried my best to keep it short and simple.

bump.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I think this is a good example of something looking far different on paper than it actually is. I've had these discussions many times, but the fact is that I've used a lot of prop, enth, cyp, etc. and in every single case you feel the effects of the prop much sooner. the same effects were experienced by everyone that I've trained or helped through cycles. on paper the enth may be reaching peak levels quicker, but you simply don't feel it sooner, it takes much longer than with prop to feel the effects. perhaps it has to do with the rate of release, I couldn't really say being that I lack the formal education to explain it, I just know from experience how it works.

Vitruvian-Man is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I think this is a good example of something looking far different on paper than it actually is. I've had these discussions many times, but the fact is that I've used a lot of prop, enth, cyp, etc. and in every single case you feel the effects of the prop much sooner. the same effects were experienced by everyone that I've trained or helped through cycles. on paper the enth may be reaching peak levels quicker, but you simply don't feel it sooner, it takes much longer than with prop to feel the effects. perhaps it has to do with the rate of release, I couldn't really say being that I lack the formal education to explain it, I just know from experience how it works.
    x2

This just reminds me of how newbs will argue to death that Halo is the ultimate strong, the king of all compounds. Their proof?!

"Halo's anabolic /androgenic ratio is:1,900/850"

Of course it looks phenomenal on paper, but when you use it you realize that gains are no where near what one (on paper) would deduce it to be.

Similar things go for cheque drops as well IMO.

But back on track, this is just a thing newbs will never understand.

Unfortunately, it comes with cycle experience.

But in any case, prop works much faster then long-estered testosterone . Gains come immediately within the first two weeks, and they aren't just water retention and bloat... something that generally occurs in the initial weeks of Test-E/C

My real life experience tells me that. And that is enough proof for me.

-VM

i agree big, but just becuase you 'feel' the prop within a certain time frame, does it actually correlate to building muscle?

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    i agree big, but just becuase you 'feel' the prop within a certain time frame, does it actually correlate to building muscle?
    when my max lifts are higher, I would think so

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~

bump

I got to agree with the Enforcer.The weights dont lie.

sprinter911 is offline Associate Member
    Great thread and info Stevey. This deserves a bump for sure. Thanks for the info. I hope others take a look at this.

when my max lifts are higher, I would think so
    True, though even with my simple test e cycle, my weights increased within 2 weeks also.

Thread Information