Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    JAYROD's Avatar
    JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    gettin lucky in kentucky
    Posts
    1,747

    ncaa preseason mags are out

    southern cal #1, no argument on that. texas #2? gimmie a break. these preseason polls mean nothing but something to talk about till august. who's everybody's #2? BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    decadbal's Avatar
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Charlotte
    Posts
    11,924
    fsu baby..all the way

  3. #3
    Samson7's Avatar
    Samson7 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    590
    im a canes fan, though i have to say im skeptical of the no.6 preseason rating. Damn Coker cant recruit like Butch Davis.

  4. #4
    JAYROD's Avatar
    JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    gettin lucky in kentucky
    Posts
    1,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Samson7
    im a canes fan, though i have to say im skeptical of the no.6 preseason rating. Damn Coker cant recruit like Butch Davis.
    you're right, coker just can't bring as much big time talent that past cane coaches have but they could win the acc this year and they should be awesome on defense.

  5. #5
    RealMenBench is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    76
    Coker can't recruit like Davis ? Being an FSU fan, ... I hate to say that he's doing just fine .... Hell, just look at the tailbacks if you need proof of that ....

    There are some skeptical picks in the top 15 in the majority of the preseason polls, but hey, that's what they are. When I do my picking with my friends all they are, are projections of what SHOULD happen.

    Maybe a few of us should put our top 25 up with some reasons why .... it'd be interesting

  6. #6
    JAYROD's Avatar
    JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    gettin lucky in kentucky
    Posts
    1,747
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMenBench
    Coker can't recruit like Davis ? Being an FSU fan, ... I hate to say that he's doing just fine .... Hell, just look at the tailbacks if you need proof of that ....

    There are some skeptical picks in the top 15 in the majority of the preseason polls, but hey, that's what they are. When I do my picking with my friends all they are, are projections of what SHOULD happen.

    Maybe a few of us should put our top 25 up with some reasons why .... it'd be interesting
    good idea. how about my top 5 to start 1) southern cal - who else is better? 2)tennesse - 16 starters back but @ lsu and @ florida. 3) lsu - all starters back on offense but qb + tough defense. 4) oklahoma - very very talented team but too young right now, next years #1 and the year after that. 5) texas - most people have them #2 but i think they are overrated as usual. losing benson and d. johnson will hurt + a 1 demensional qb that teams with speed on defense can contain.

  7. #7
    Slick Arrado is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    840
    Where do you have The Mighty Longhorns now?



  8. #8
    scriptfactory's Avatar
    scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,490
    Go Longhorns!!!!!!

  9. #9
    donbone is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    103
    Even though they lost..I still think Ohio State is awesome!

  10. #10
    JAYROD's Avatar
    JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    gettin lucky in kentucky
    Posts
    1,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Arrado
    Where do you have The Mighty Longhorns now?


    i am very impressed after watching the ohio state game. anybody that goes to columbus and wins is a very good football team. they still have to beat a&m + tech wich they should but you never know with rivalry games, as for the red river shootout, i fear my sooners are going to take a HUGE thumpin. all i can say is they better jump on OU while they are down because they will be a different team next year. as a sooner, hating the longhorns is learned before you can walk or talk but the truth is they my be as good as southern cal this year as much as i don't like to say it.

  11. #11
    Hooksetter's Avatar
    Hooksetter is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    155
    HAHAHAHAHA boomer sooners they are horrible, Texas is no. 2 by far and will give usc all they want in the national championship game.... Everyone knows that texas has the most talent in the big 12 year in and year out. The only reason they dont win the big 12 or play for the national championship is because every year bob stoops out coaches mack brown.... If you seen or been to the red river shootout the last 4 years you know what im talkin bout...Only this year mack brown has too much talent to blow it.


    Benching the big 12 plaer of the year major applewhite for chris simms....Priceless- Mack Brown
    Last edited by Hooksetter; 09-22-2005 at 04:18 PM.

  12. #12
    JAYROD's Avatar
    JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    gettin lucky in kentucky
    Posts
    1,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooksetter
    HAHAHAHAHA boomer sooners they are horrible, Texas is no. 2 by far and will give usc all they want in the national championship game.... Everyone knows that texas has the most talent in the big 12 year in and year out. The only reason they dont win the big 12 or play for the national championship is because every year bob stoops out coaches mack brown.... If you seen or been to the red river shootout the last 4 years you know what im talkin bout...Only this year mack brown has too much talent to blow it.


    Benching the big 12 plaer of the year major applewhite of chris simms....Priceless- Mack Brown
    enjoy it sooner haters. it won't last long. with 10 players drafted and a heisman trophy winner from last years team i think it would be silly to say texas had more talent. 12 to 0! you don't shutout a team that has superior talent.

  13. #13
    Hooksetter's Avatar
    Hooksetter is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    155
    More talent?????? what exactly have jason white, mark clayton, or quentin griffin done lately? Ohhhhhh thats right jason white is cut, as is quentin griffin, and mark clayton will never be more than a no. 3 reciever.


    0 drafted????? shaun rodgers DT lions (led the DL in detroit with line tackles), cory redding DE lions, casey hampton DT pittsburg (was startin until injured), Cedric benson Rb bears (would be starter if he hadnt have held out but still will be before the season ends), Roy williams WR. Lions (nough said cornerbacks still cant hold him), quentin jammer Lions CB, and Preist holmes I dont thin i even need to mention.. Oh and didnt Ricky williams come back?


    I seriously cant think of one drafted OU player who starts or even makes a difference in the NFL... of your nation champions where are your heismen winners now? Josh heupel QB, did he fall of the face of the earth or is he lighted them up in arena league? NAme one!

    On a final thought I would like to add if yall ever do compete again it will only be because of Adrian Peterson because no self respecting person would honsetly ever like to go to norman oklahoma. Not because the football sucks, but because the town is that bad. No women and nothing to do. And I hope your not some diehard sooner fan because your from oklahoma because if you are I have so much more to tell you about what I think about OU. The state of Oklahoma has NOOO talent, they recruit all of it from Texas and thats where ALL of their studs are from. I wish players had to play in colleges from their state only beacuse if this happened oklahoma might be the worst football school in the country. I mean seriously stop bummin off players from the state of Texas.



    Texas has OU

  14. #14
    JAYROD's Avatar
    JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    gettin lucky in kentucky
    Posts
    1,747
    what an ignorant jackass!!! i could shoot down every dumbass statement you threw out there but i'm not gonna wast my time. is anybody holding a gun to those texas kids coming to norman to go to " the worst football school in the country" lol. and as for the state of oklahoma having no athletic talent i'll throw out a few names - jim thorpe who is regarded by most as the best athlete ever, micky mantle, johnny bench, troy aikman, leroy selman and could go on for day's. plenty of superstars from a state of only 3 million people.

  15. #15
    Hooksetter's Avatar
    Hooksetter is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYROD
    what an ignorant jackass!!! i could shoot down every dumbass statement you threw out there but i'm not gonna wast my time. is anybody holding a gun to those texas kids coming to norman to go to " the worst football school in the country" lol. and as for the state of oklahoma having no athletic talent i'll throw out a few names - jim thorpe who is regarded by most as the best athlete ever, micky mantle, johnny bench, troy aikman, leroy selman and could go on for day's. plenty of superstars from a state of only 3 million people.
    True true those guys were good, but its a what have you sone for me lately arguement. Thorpe could be the greatest ever no doubt, but we've not talkin bout the 1950's anymore. Oklahoma used to be rich in talent , but now they are lackin.... Who's the last big name blue chip that came outta oklahoma that everyone wanted....Hmmm i cant think of any big name player. Okalhoma isnt the worst football school in the country, everyone knows they can play, but the fact of the matter is the only reason they have been to a national championship since the 90's is because of Texas talent.

  16. #16
    JAYROD's Avatar
    JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    gettin lucky in kentucky
    Posts
    1,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooksetter
    True true those guys were good, but its a what have you sone for me lately arguement. Thorpe could be the greatest ever no doubt, but we've not talkin bout the 1950's anymore. Oklahoma used to be rich in talent , but now they are lackin.... Who's the last big name blue chip that came outta oklahoma that everyone wanted....Hmmm i cant think of any big name player. Okalhoma isnt the worst football school in the country, everyone knows they can play, but the fact of the matter is the only reason they have been to a national championship since the 90's is because of Texas talent.
    first of all you have to understand that the dallas ft. worth area alone has more people than the entire state of oklahoma, add houston, san antonio and austin you get the picture. texas has much much more population. as for new talent i think rocky calmus and teddy lehman who both start in the nfl are pretty good examples and if jason white wouldn't have torn both his knees up he would without a doubt be a starting qb in the nfl. i live in a town of 100,000 people and there are 5 guys currently playing in the nfl from the high school i attended which has 1,100 students. will sheilds a 9 time pro bowler for kansas city, james trapp who has started for baltimore for many years and antonio perkins who was drafted in the 4th round this year and will be a star in the near future are 3 of them. per capita oklahoma has a huge amount of talent. yes texas kids have came to norman in flocks since switzer was coaching because they want to play for championships. ou has 7 national championships - texas, texas a&m, texas tech and every other school in texas has 5 combined.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •