JNel04 is offline Associate Member

Sox are gonna blow it!!!

all the white sox had to do was play .500 for the second half of the season to make the playoffs but i guess that would be too much to ask for from a team who had the best record in baseball . so sry for all u white sox fans (not that there are many) but they are goin down hill from now. cleveland will take the division and the red sox and yankess will be comin outa their division.

GO CUBS

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Are you Steve Bartman?

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Are you Steve Bartman?

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JNel04
    all the white sox had to do was play .500 for the second half of the season to make the playoffs but i guess that would be too much to ask for from a team who had the best record in baseball . so sry for all u white sox fans (not that there are many) but they are goin down hill from now. cleveland will take the division and the red sox and yankess will be comin outa their division.

GO CUBS

sox are gonna take it bro......they still have another series against cleveland. if you told them they'd have a 2 and a half game lead this time, during the beginning of the season, they'd be thrilled. they can't help it that cleveland is the hottest team right now. i had picked sox vs sox in the ALC, but it may end up being sox vs sox in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfyEVH
    sox are gonna take it bro......they still have another series against cleveland. if you told them they'd have a 2 and a half game lead this time, during the beginning of the season, they'd be thrilled. they can't help it that cleveland is the hottest team right now. i had picked sox vs sox in the ALC, but it may end up being sox vs sox in the first round.
    me bein the LOYAL cubs fan that i am i just enjoy the seein the sox lose. more than anything the few sox fans out there can stop talkin shit. i really dont think the sox are that good. cleveland will be the team in that divsion for yrs to come. they are doin all this w/ a very young team w/ lots of talent. and well the red sox and yankess will always be in contention for the playoffs.

31uniform is offline Associate Member
    Red Sox!

theshiz777 is offline Junior Member
    Beantown will not blow it

MuscleMatrix is offline New Member
    The sudden surge for the sox makes me wonder?!?! But if I were to lay some dough on the table, I would say Yankees and 'Cards right now. I know, I know, I hate the Yankees too, but they sure come around in October. As long as they get in.....they're golden.

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    sox 3 stros 0

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    where's that jackass cubs fan at now? Home crying b/c the south siders are bringing the title back to Chi town! Steve Bartman is my hero!

HansVonSchnittchen is offline Junior Member

the cubs fan

is probably taking it deep and hard somewhere in wrigelyville right now from steve bartman.

Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814
    where's that jackass cubs fan at now? Home crying b/c the south siders are bringing the title back to Chi town! Steve Bartman is my hero!
    didnt appreciate the PM bro.
    at least i'm a loyal and dedicated fan to my team regardless if they are winning or losing.

yeah

we know you're a loveable loser cubbies fan, stay loyal to that loser ball club.

Oh, and there are probably more White Sox fans now too, b/c a bunch of your bandwagon "cubs" fans I'm sure will jump ship. But we'll never rival the mighty cub empire.

Maybe some of us didn't appreciate your post about there being very few sox fans, and that our team would choke. That's why he made reference to Steve Bartmen.

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    cubs suck - and they always will

leon durham - nuff said

the previously mentioned steve bartman - nuff said

i just hope that they go after thome so that fat ass isnt on the phils next year

Quote Originally Posted by HansVonSchnittchen
    Maybe some of us didn't appreciate your post about there being very few sox fans, and that our team would choke.
    yea but it makes sense. where were all the sox fans during the season when they were winning? if i recall the majority of the games the seats were not packed, how many times did they sell out or at least fill half of the stadium. and about them choking...what happened the year before? they blew it at the end of the season w/ a 5 game lead in the division to the Twins.

No LOYAL Cubs fan jumps ship. If they do they are not a Cubs fan.

where were all the sox fans

Cmon man, we know the answer to that, it's annoying how people beat around the bush on this one. the cell doesn't have the niegborhood that wrigley has, and we all know the cell is pretty much surronded by shitty neigborhoods, that's why people don't go to the games.

yeah, the sox choked last yr, and so did the cubs in '03, and they both choked many, many, times before that so yeah you do have history on your side, but what do you expect when you call somebody's team out? You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns. Thus the bartmen comment.

Go Sox, 2005 World Series Champions!

see i dont mind arguing back and forth w/ a sox fan and if someone else called out the cubbies i would be rite there defendin them, so i'm not saying a sox fan shouldnt back their team up...

the thing that bothers me is all these people that just out of kno where start representin the sox wearin there hats and shirts. Example - since i live in Chi town u are either a sox or cubs fan. any real fan of either understands that. at work i see the same people that come in (never reppin the sox) even when they were winning. then the past month or so every other person was wearina sox hat, jersey, shirt, u name it. and then they have the nerve to talk shit to me cuz i'm wearin a Cubs hat (always reppin my team).

thats why i get pissed off at some so called sox fans that just jump on the bandwagon and then think they can talk shit to a Cubs fan.

see i dont mind arguing back and forth w/ a sox fan and if someone else called out the cubbies i would be rite there defendin them, so i'm not saying a sox fan shouldnt back their team up...

the thing that bothers me is all these people that just out of kno where start representin the sox wearin there hats and shirts. Example - since i live in Chi town u are either a sox or cubs fan. any real fan of either understands that. at work i see the same people that come in (never reppin the sox) even when they were winning. then the past month or so every other person was wearina sox hat, jersey, shirt, u name it. and then they have the nerve to talk shit to me cuz i'm wearin a Cubs hat (always reppin my team).

thats why i get pissed off at some so called sox fans that just jump on the bandwagon and then think they can talk shit to a Cubs fan.
    every team is going to have a bandwagon jumper bro...u know that......how many new people who "liked" the cubs actually started to watch them on tv during the playoffs when they were in the NLCS??? i saw many people sporting cubs gear during that time. just because you're finally sporting a sox hat or shirt doesnt mean you havent been a fan forever. you know damn well if the cubs were in the series more people would be wearing cubs shit everyday. hans makes the perfect points. Wrigley has the location. I know many people who go to wrigley to watch games JUST to see who is singing "take me out to the ball game". i am a sox fan and have been to wrigley. Its just something every chicagoan (north or south side) needs to do. you act like there are no die hard sox fans. I can't tell u how many people i see wearing cubs hats who don't even follow the team. they just like the cubs because "they're the cubs".

don't be sour that we got our title and you guys are still waiting. sorry to break it to you, but the sox will win at least 1 more title before the cubs win theirs. I honestly don't see the cubs winning in my lifetime. They had their chance a few years ago and blew it.

every team is going to have a bandwagon jumper bro...u know that......how many new people who "liked" the cubs actually started to watch them on tv during the playoffs when they were in the NLCS??? i saw many people sporting cubs gear during that time. just because you're finally sporting a sox hat or shirt doesnt mean you havent been a fan forever. you know damn well if the cubs were in the series more people would be wearing cubs shit everyday. hans makes the perfect points. Wrigley has the location. I know many people who go to wrigley to watch games JUST to see who is singing "take me out to the ball game". i am a sox fan and have been to wrigley. Its just something every chicagoan (north or south side) needs to do. you act like there are no die hard sox fans. I can't tell u how many people i see wearing cubs hats who don't even follow the team. they just like the cubs because "they're the cubs".

don't be sour that we got our title and you guys are still waiting. sorry to break it to you, but the sox will win at least 1 more title before the cubs win theirs. I honestly don't see the cubs winning in my lifetime. They had their chance a few years ago and blew it.
    ur points are valid.

now lets talk bout the future...the sox had one of those years where everything went there way and that usually doesnt happen every year. also the Indians are the up and coming team in that division for years so they'll give the sox problems. now bout them cubbies if you follow baseball you should know this. regardless if the cubs are winning or losing wrigley is sold out. so as long as they continue to bring in the money do they really care if they win or lose??? The Times will have to dig into their wallets and fill in the pieces if they want to contend. The Cubs have Houston and St.Loius in there division so it will never be a walk in the park.

oh yea and i'd like to say to those of u that are sox fans...i didnt mean anything personal to whether or not you are loyal to your team. just as an avid sports lover i hate people that jump on the bandwagon in any case.

ur points are valid.

now lets talk bout the future...the sox had one of those years where everything went there way and that usually doesnt happen every year. also the Indians are the up and coming team in that division for years so they'll give the sox problems. now bout them cubbies if you follow baseball you should know this. regardless if the cubs are winning or losing wrigley is sold out. so as long as they continue to bring in the money do they really care if they win or lose??? The Times will have to dig into their wallets and fill in the pieces if they want to contend. The Cubs have Houston and St.Loius in there division so it will never be a walk in the park.

oh yea and i'd like to say to those of u that are sox fans...i didnt mean anything personal to whether or not you are loyal to your team. just as an avid sports lover i hate people that jump on the bandwagon in any case.
    this is why people always say "sox fans are true baseball fans". people don't go to the cell for the atmosphere. they go there to watch a good baseball team play, unlike the cubbies. certain cubs games are fun to watch at wrigley however (besides the atmosphere) cubs versus sox, cubs versus cards, cubs versus astros, etc. Wrigley will always be known for the ivy, the 7th inning stretch, afternoon games in the summer, old style/budweiser, etc. Its just Wrigley field. has that same glow to it that Fenway has.

and the sox didn't blow their lead to the indians. the indians just played AWESOME baseball during that span. Regardless how the sox were doing, cleveland played flawlessly. It is going to be Sox, Sox, Yanks, and Angels in the AL for a long time. I don't see the indians winning the AL central anytime soon. they MAY beat out the Red Sox for the wildcard, because I see the yanks winning the AL East outright for years to come.

I just hate to see all these cubs fans bash the sox. I don't bash cubs fans, unless they're the one's who look down on the sox. But you're right, with the cards in the same division.......cards will win that division for years to come and i see them getting to the WS very soon again and actually winning a game.

this is why people always say "sox fans are true baseball fans". people don't go to the cell for the atmosphere. they go there to watch a good baseball team play, unlike the cubbies. certain cubs games are fun to watch at wrigley however (besides the atmosphere) cubs versus sox, cubs versus cards, cubs versus astros, etc. Wrigley will always be known for the ivy, the 7th inning stretch, afternoon games in the summer, old style/budweiser, etc. Its just Wrigley field. has that same glow to it that Fenway has.

and the sox didn't blow their lead to the indians. the indians just played AWESOME baseball during that span. Regardless how the sox were doing, cleveland played flawlessly. It is going to be Sox, Sox, Yanks, and Angels in the AL for a long time. I don't see the indians winning the AL central anytime soon. they MAY beat out the Red Sox for the wildcard, because I see the yanks winning the AL East outright for years to come.

I just hate to see all these cubs fans bash the sox. I don't bash cubs fans, unless they're the one's who look down on the sox. But you're right, with the cards in the same division.......cards will win that division for years to come and i see them getting to the WS very soon again and actually winning a game.
    see i really dont think cub fans got a problem w/ sox fans (until they start talkin shit). it has been my personal experience that sox fans seem to always get on cub fans...IMO. i dont go out of my way to insult a sox fan.

JNel04 it goes both ways whether you want to believe it or not. There are fans of the Cubs that will go out of thier way to dis the Sox, as well as Sox fans that go out of thier way to dis the Cubs. I don't believe it is more one-sided for either team. But everyone has thier personal experiences that they can base thier beliefs on. I on the other hand am a die hard Sox fan, but the rest of my family, and most of my extended family are Cubs fans, besides my dad. So in my experience, I would say the other way around compared to yours. But all in all I see it as going both ways, with no 1 team being dissed by the other teams fans more.

I can see where you get pissed at bandwagon jumpers, but that happens in every sport, especially when a team wins the big one. He'll I remember when I was a kid and the Bears were horrible I use to root for Dallas (I still want to go back in time and slap the shit out of myself for that). In your case, I can see where it's more noticeable espically b/c that team that won the big one also plays in the same city.
    Don't let bandwagon people get to you though, stick with your team, and keep rooting for them. Alot of bandwagon jumpers will probably forget who won the title next year anyway, or ofcourse, they'll jump onto another.

Quote Originally Posted by HansVonSchnittchen
    JNel04 it goes both ways whether you want to believe it or not. There are fans of the Cubs that will go out of thier way to dis the Sox, as well as Sox fans that go out of thier way to dis the Cubs. I don't believe it is more one-sided for either team. But everyone has thier personal experiences that they can base thier beliefs on. I on the other hand am a die hard Sox fan, but the rest of my family, and most of my extended family are Cubs fans, besides my dad. So in my experience, I would say the other way around compared to yours. But all in all I see it as going both ways, with no 1 team being dissed by the other teams fans more.

I can see where you get pissed at bandwagon jumpers, but that happens in every sport, especially when a team wins the big one. He'll I remember when I was a kid and the Bears were horrible I use to root for Dallas (I still want to go back in time and slap the shit out of myself for that). In your case, I can see where it's more noticeable espically b/c that team that won the big one also plays in the same city.
    Don't let bandwagon people get to you though, stick with your team, and keep rooting for them. Alot of bandwagon jumpers will probably forget who won the title next year anyway, or ofcourse, they'll jump onto another.
    i agree w/ what everyone else has had to say. i just didnt want anyone to take it too personal, or take too much offense to what i had said. no harm intended. just good old fashion jarring.

Smile cool

Let's bury the hatchet and ram heads next yr when the Sox and Cubs square off.

And no poke at your Cubs but I do need to let this all soak in, the White Sox are the 05 World Series champs! I still can't believe this day is finally here.

Thread Information