KhrisiGirl is offline Female Member

Only a girl would ask this...

so here it goes...does the practice squad get a Super Bowl ring if their team wins the Super Bowl? Reason I am asking is because the Steelers just resigned Grant Bowman to their practice squad. He was originally released during training camp this season. I tried to do a search on this but could not find anything. Who else gets a ring?

Yes, I know...girl question.
    Khrisi

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    lol, not a bad question. I kinda want to say yes they do. I got a couple buddies with rose bowl rings that never played, haha

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    what's a practice squad?

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    lol, not a bad question. I kinda want to say yes they do. I got a couple buddies with rose bowl rings that never played, haha
    I kind of thought so too. Why else would they sign him right before the Super Bowl? Thanks for answering.
    Khrisi

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    what's a practice squad?
    My understanding is that the practice squad is 5-8 guys that practice with the team. Say they want to rest a certain starter that day, well they put in a practice squad guy. They can be put on the active roster for any given game. They draw a paycheck and that is about all that I know. Anyone else?

Khrisi

kaorialfred is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrisiGirl
    My understanding is that the practice squad is 5-8 guys that practice with the team. Say they want to rest a certain starter that day, well they put in a practice squad guy. They can be put on the active roster for any given game. They draw a paycheck and that is about all that I know. Anyone else?

Khrisi

Funny you ask this. I'm a person who quit watching football when I was growing up in Tampa,Fl. Home of the Bucs. They sucked so bad, and I remember some family friends that played and they were laughing about getting a contract, and never having to play. Yet still get paid!!
    Low and behold years later look at the NBA or Orlando Magic, which while living in Orlando all I heard was Penny on the bench Shaq injured. Yet they got paid. These guys on the pratice team prob never get to play but they get paid and reap the rewards.I bet they want to play badly too. They should be given a chance to shine.
    Kinda makes me wish I had paid more attention to Football, Basketball, Baseball. Instead I chose martial arts, gymnastics, X-games type of sports.

I'm glad your team won and beat the Broncos. I freakin hate sports fantics, and we moved here and I'm surronded by them. You wonder about culture, why we pay so much attention to the Sprewell, Jordan, White, Jeter, and such. Opps sorry to rant I just hope my boys will use there brains to get ahead. I don't care what they play, I just won't be too thrilled if they get caught up in the big 3 here in the states. BTW coming from a black male in Co that always get's asked if I play Football for the local teams.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    yes they all get rings. they are apart of the team. they even get to be on the sideline for the games, depending on the ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by kaorialfred
    Funny you ask this. I'm a person who quit watching football when I was growing up in Tampa,Fl. Home of the Bucs. They sucked so bad, and I remember some family friends that played and they were laughing about getting a contract, and never having to play. Yet still get paid!!
    Low and behold years later look at the NBA or Orlando Magic, which while living in Orlando all I heard was Penny on the bench Shaq injured. Yet they got paid. These guys on the pratice team prob never get to play but they get paid and reap the rewards.I bet they want to play badly too. They should be given a chance to shine.
    Kinda makes me wish I had paid more attention to Football, Basketball, Baseball. Instead I chose martial arts, gymnastics, X-games type of sports.

I'm glad your team won and beat the Broncos. I freakin hate sports fantics, and we moved here and I'm surronded by them. You wonder about culture, why we pay so much attention to the Sprewell, Jordan, White, Jeter, and such. Opps sorry to rant I just hope my boys will use there brains to get ahead. I don't care what they play, I just won't be too thrilled if they get caught up in the big 3 here in the states. BTW coming from a black male in Co that always get's asked if I play Football for the local teams.

I am not a football fanatic but I grew up with two brothers and had no choice but to like sports. I do appreciate athleticism in any sport and especially bodybuilding. The dedication and intelligence it takes is so underappreciated. The only sport I really watch is football so I am stoked that the Steelers won.
    It is mind boggling that our sports people get paid more than our teachers.
    Khrisi

kaorialfred is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrisiGirl
    It is mind boggling that our sports people get paid more than our teachers.
    Khrisi

One of the main reasons I really don't look up to or admire em. Honestly knowing that we support that more than school and fireman, police just boggles the stay at home dad in me. I dread going back to coporate work in this area. I'm bound to tick someone off just cause I don't care to know about the freakin Broncos.

LionsGate is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaorialfred
    One of the main reasons I really don't look up to or admire em. Honestly knowing that we support that more than school and fireman, police just boggles the stay at home dad in me. I dread going back to coporate work in this area. I'm bound to tick someone off just cause I don't care to know about the freakin Broncos.

its the entertainment factor not the occupation. they put on a show, anyone who does gets paid. including strippers, so ive heard.

Quote Originally Posted by TheUglyOne
    its the entertainment factor not the occupation. they put on a show, anyone who does gets paid. including strippers, so ive heard.
    No arguement about that. It is definitely the entertainment/feel good occupations that get paid well. Who has a jersey with their favorite 5th grade teacher's name on it?

For discussions sake though, it is very sad that we do not pay the people that instruct us and protect us as much as we pay those that entertain us.

Khrisi

NYGIANTS21 is offline Senior Member
    I think that the soldiers in IRAQ should be getting football players salary's while over there for that year or longer. I was over there and saw the shi*ty pay we recieved and i look at these football players getting millions and they have the nerve to bitc*.....

But oh well I still love football, I just think some things should be changed!

Quote Originally Posted by NYGIANTS21
    I think that the soldiers in IRAQ should be getting football players salary's while over there for that year or longer. I was over there and saw the shi*ty pay we recieved and i look at these football players getting millions and they have the nerve to bitc*.....

But oh well I still love football, I just think some things should be changed!
    I know this sounds corny but I always have to say this..thanks for serving.

The world isn't perfect and we all know that. If it were, gear would be legal.
    Khrisi

LionsGate is offline Associate Member
    [QUOTE=KhrisiGirl]I know this sounds corny but I always have to say this..thanks for serving.

indeed!

its not corny khrisigirl, its sad what they have to go through. and normal citizens like us dont even know the half of it.

it is sad america can be so bass ackwards sometimes.

truly unsung heros.

Thread Information