Thread: Go U.s.

JP1570 is offline Senior Member

Go U.s.

For the first time ever, the U.S. won an elimination match last night (US time). Unbelievable game, our keeper Brad Friedel had some amazing saves. The US is now in the round of 8 - we play Germany Friday morning at 7:30 AM ET, or 4:30 AM PT. Mcbride scored his second goal of this cup and donovan scored his third, although one counted as an own goal for the Portugese defender. Anybody else staying up to watch this game?????? I AM

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Yup! Count me in, I've been fucking up my sleep cycle for 3 weeks now.

Glad to hear someone else likes US soccer bro. I can't wait to watch that England v. Brazil match either. Think we have a chance against Germany???

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    S. Korea was damn impressive this morning.

JP- No I don't think we have a chance, but we did beat them in a friendly earlier so you never know.....

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Amazing saves? I think the US goalie looked very unsafe more then 1 time.
    However a very good game from the US players and a suprising win! They just get better for every world cup.

Originally posted by palme
    Amazing saves? I think the US goalie looked very unsafe more then 1 time.
    However a very good game from the US players and a suprising win! They just get better for every world cup.
    Our back line was suffering that game, so Friedel had to pick up the slack a little. 2 of our starters were out (hejduk and agoos, although I think we were better off without agoos). Anyway, not gonna argue with you on this one bro, Friedel pitched a shutout and he's blocked 2 pk's already. He's not as athletic as a lot of keepers, but to not give up a single goal against Mexico is pretty impressive.

S. Korea was pretty sweet this morning too, who would have thought they'd beat Italy.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict a Brazil vs Spain final. Actually, thats not a risky prediction at all. I'd love to see England vs Senegal, but that'll never happen.

England vs Senegal might end up in the Semi finals, im pretty sure Senegal will beat Turkey.
    Brazil vs England is going to be a great game, to hard to predict!
    Germany vs USA im sorry but Germany has been one of the best teams so far in the WC so i think they will beat USA.
    South Korea vs Spain my money is on Spain, but i would like to see South Korea take it!

Originally posted by palme
    England vs Senegal might end up in the Semi finals, im pretty sure Senegal will beat Turkey.
    Brazil vs England is going to be a great game, to hard to predict!
    Germany vs USA im sorry but Germany has been one of the best teams so far in the WC so i think they will beat USA.
    South Korea vs Spain my money is on Spain, but i would like to see South Korea take it!
    I agree with you on all those predictions except Senegal beating Turkey. I think Turkey has a damn good team this year, and I think they'll probably end up around 4th. The US will probably lose also, but we've still come so far that no one can be too disappointed.

DC24 is offline Junior Member
    If you U.S. put as much money into soccer as they do every other sport, we would really give some good fights out there. I've always like to watch Italy play. Brazil is really good. I still can't get over Croatia winning the World Cup. All of the teams are pretty good in my book it takes alot to run up and down a field for 90 min with only 1 player change throughout the game. Good Luck to them all.

DC24 Croatia have never won the WC ever! They did came in third place in France 98. And you are allowed to change 3 players.

DC24 is offline Junior Member
    Dude I could have swore that I heard something about them winning....Goes to show how much I know, thanks for correcting me.
    Last edited by DC24; 06-20-2002 at 06:19 AM.

Thread Information