shonuff is offline Associate Member

Lakers-King series whos gonna win???

This series turned out better than i thought it was gonna be the Kings r giving the lakers a run for there money one more game and the kings r gonna shock the world.i knew they had a good team but i had no idea how good they really r. but im still goin with the lakers.what about every1 else. even the celtics-nets series has turned out to be a good one but neither one of them can hang with the lakers or the kings.

9natural9 is offline Banned
    Damn Shonuff, you going with the favorites? I love the underdog, and I'm telling ya the Kings came from that lob up prayer from 3 point land in game 4 from winning it all last night.....the KINGS all the way, I love their attitude, its like fuck the world were on a mission!!!

yeah im still goin with the lakers cause i like the team been a lakers fan since magic and karem played for them. the only reason id want the kings to win is because i like webber so if the do make it to the finals im gonna be pullin for webber,bibby is the reason they made it so far though he was what they were missin williams couldnt get the job done,i bet jason williams is hatin life right now.

9natural9 is offline Banned
    Bibby is playing like a man possessed...ur right without him this series would be well over by now.

i know there r some bball fans on AR comeon guys speak up!!!!!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I say the Avalance!! Tanguay and Keane should be back tonight and Roy is on the top of his game. They realize now that all the have to do is go high on Hassek because he flops everytime the Av's forwrads are in tight. If they contain Hull, Izerman and Shanahan they can go to their 2nd consecutive Stanley Cup Final against the surprising Carolina Hurricanes. Whoops!!!! Wrong playoff series.........and wrong sport!

superbeast is offline Member
    My prediction, whoever wins the next game, wins the series. If the Lakers make it to game 7, they won't lose. I hate the lakers, they're nothing but a bunch of babies. If Shaq didn't get away with all the offensive fouls, he'd be luck to average 20 pts a game. He pushes, bumps, and even uses his off hand to knock down the defenders hands. And, then he cries that he gets fouled all the time.

I'm definatley cheering for C. Webb and the Kings!

Originally posted by Pete235
    I say the Avalance!! Tanguay and Keane should be back tonight and Roy is on the top of his game. They realize now that all the have to do is go high on Hassek because he flops everytime the Av's forwrads are in tight. If they contain Hull, Izerman and Shanahan they can go to their 2nd consecutive Stanley Cup Final against the surprising Carolina Hurricanes. Whoops!!!! Wrong playoff series.........and wrong sport!

i know nothin about hockey, but i live in NC and i know every1 here has Hurricane fever right now. GO HURRICANES!!! j/k i couldnt even name one player who plays for them.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Superbeast you have to be fucking kidding me. You mean to tell me that the Sacramento King Floppers are not the babies. Everytime the play stops Vlade is over there crying to the offical. I am almost sure that NBC is fixing the game to go to 7 games. Last night the fuckin' officals called so many bullshit foul calls on the Lakers. That lst drive Kobe got fouled at least three times.

The Lakers will win this series. And those cow bell ringing freaks will have nothing to do the rest of the year except to bitch on how they almost made it. SO I think Beast you are so wrong on calling the Lakers babies. YOu hardly ever see the Lakers flop to the ground when the opposing player farts. I think I saw Vlade flop to the ground when one of the court side fans farted.

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    Lakers are still gonna win..... Lakers and Celtics in the finals.....This post will be edited accordingly

GO LAKERS!!!!! your right butch the kings especially divac r a bunch of flopers, that should be the lakers strategy for now on they know divac is gonna flop so they should give the ball to shaq let him make just alittttlleeeeeeee contact with fishman divac watch him fall to the ground and then shaq can just dunk ...trust me as much as divac flops it will work evertime...i need to contact phill jackson so he can put my plan into action another thing the refs SUCK in this series their calls r so inconsistence it makes me sick, the nba wants a 7 game serious so bad that they r tellin the refs to give the kings more calls, i guarantee u friday the lakers will get all the calls watch and see.
    Last edited by shonuff; 05-30-2002 at 06:52 AM.

RATM is offline Senior Member
    i think that the lakers will eventually win, but i am really pulling for the kings and the nets. i would like to see c webb win one as well as jason kidd. btw, watching jason kidd play is unreal. it is a shame that he did not win the MVP.

superbeast is offline Member
    You guys have to be kidding me. I've been watching basketball my entire life. I played at a pretty reputable program in college. I even coached a high school team to their first district finals in their last 15 years.

I used to actually be a Shaq fan when he was at LSU. When he got to the NBA, he became lazy and just started bulling people over all the time. I've never seen a player get more calls for him and so few against him before. I'll admit that Vlade does flop a lot but he might as well and maybe get the call against Shaq rather than play defense and get called for a foul anyway. I can remember at least 3 times when Shaq used his off hand to hold Vlade's arms down from contesting a shot.

What can you say about Kobe? The biggest loser in the NBA. He was in an interview with sunglasses on. What an ego! You don't turn down the assignment of guarding a player. Kobe can't play Mike Bibby any better than any other Laker and he knows it. That's why he turned down the assignment.

GO KINGS!

Originally posted by shonuff
    GO LAKERS!!!!! your right butch the kings especially divac r a bunch of flopers, that should be the lakers strategy for now on they know divac is gonna flop so they should give the ball to shaq let him make just alittttlleeeeeeee contact with fishman divac watch him fall to the ground and then shaq can just dunk ...trust me as much as divac flops it will work evertime...i need to contact phill jackson so he can put my plan into action another thing the refs SUCK in this series their calls r so inconsistence it makes me sick, the nba wants a 7 game serious so bad that they r tellin the refs to give the kings more calls, i guarantee u friday the lakers will get all the calls watch and see.
    SHONUFF< I couldn't agree with you more. However, everytime that Fishamn flops Shaq or whomever draws the foul. And I aagree as well with the fact that all the calls will go in the Lakers favor on Friday. Then come Sunday it will be the fairest game we have seen yet. NBA/NBC have ruined a good sport. They have taken the competitiveness out of it.

i wouldnt just blame it on nbc it is any tv channel, tv as a whole has ruined sports. and superbeast what r u talkin about kobe is a loser????imo he is the best player in the nba the stuff that guy does now is amazing just imagine 6 years from now nobody will be able to stop him, he is the next generations MJ. u and every1 else who r sleppin on kobe right now will recognize how good he is and then you'll will jump on the bandwagon talkin about how youve always liked him. and who cares if he does an interview with sunglasses alot of people do interviews with sunglasses on...bigdeal imo...how do u know he turned down the assignment?? look at his stats kobe plays great d. check this great article on da man kobe
    http://espn.go.com/page2/s/wiley/020516.html

a few paragraphs from the article.

By 2015, you'll probably be looking back in amazement at this early stage of Bryant's career.
    By 2010, all the Michael Jordan talk will have abated around Kobe Bryant, just as all the Julius Erving-Larry Bird-Magic Johnson talk abated around Michael Jordan.

By the year 2013, when he is 35, and has made unflinching, unregenerate, unapologetic and dedicated followers out of people who haven't yet been born, the people who will be driving the culture by then, Kobe will be of the Illuminati.

As Kobe goes, so goes the arc of legend. They might have gotten lucky, the 8-, 9-, 10-year-olds, the ones who haven't been born. Even luckier than we got with Jordan.

Never known the game to go backward. Never.

I just meant NBC because they are the one's televising the game. But I do agree with the fact that TV has ruined most sports.

Originally posted by Butch
    I just meant NBC because they are the one's televising the game. But I do agree with the fact that TV has ruined most sports.
    yeah i know whatcha meant by sayin just nbc. money runs the sportin world.

Money seems to be the root of all evil!

But we still desire it. ANd we still watch the games. WTF are you going to do. Just sit back and enjoy the ride I guess.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Go kings! Of course since the NBA wants a game 7 they'll fucking cheat and make the refs call bullshit so the Kings will lose game 6. Then I'll have to hear stupid ass Walton for another 2 hours babble about stupid shit.

Bill: "Terrrrrrrible, hoorrrrrrible.... what is that guy doing?"

You guys know the routine. Thank god he left the tie-dye shirt at home.

i hate walton i love it when one of the other announcers make him sound stupid.

D-bol is offline New Member
    Kobe chokes to hard to ever be considered with great players. he choked last game, choked the game before on last shot, he was lucky ball made it to horry who made it, when he takes last shot he chokes, i knew when he was drivin he wasnt gonna make it, he chokes hard, hes no jordan and never will be, without shaq thier nothin, kobe cant even come anywhere near iverson let alone legands

$uperman is offline Member
    im actually a fan of both teams but id rather see the kings take it... i think they deserve it more

Commander_Bash is offline Junior Member
    Doesnt matter who wins from the kings and lakers there gonna get beat by New Jersey.....But they fix the games so i know there gonna fix it that the lakers win even though the Kings are way better..... like that game where Horry hit that 3 i think its all fixed

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    Hells yeah commander. First of all I would like to say I am a die Hard Knicks fan, but for some reason they sucked this year, Anyway. I do think the Kings deserve it more. I think basicall y the whole laksers team revolves around Kobe and Shaq. Mostly i just ahte the Lakers cause they are tooo cocky. Esp Kobe and Shaq. They need a nice fall from grace to kick themselves in the ass. I like the way the kings play. They play like they are haaving fun. And you gotta luv bibby. kings management must be thanking god they didn't stick with williams although watching him pas the ball is a show itself. lol. I will not front on Kobe's shit. He is a really good player, but i don't think he is a next gerneration MJ he does choke too much. ZIf he could get that out of the way he would be fine. And the NEts will beat the celtics, they deserver the championship more then anyone. Look at all the work they have done in one freakn season. Blananced scroing. getting to the finals in like 20 years. They deserve that shit, and i think over all Kings vs Nets would be a freakn awesome serie. I agree with you guys about the TV hting though. Me and my friend were talking about it. You don't realize how much mony a city cxan loose, cause you don't think about Taxi Rides shirt sales, Toll money. all that stuff counters in. thats why they push it to 7 games. I think the nets will loose tongiht but they will win game 7. I hope they win but i doubt the refs are ognna be going their way. And WTF man Freakn Lanky ass Duncan getting the MVP over kidd. thats bs. tall lanky bastard. screw him. I don't know what the hell was wrong there. Freakn team gets knocked out again, byut the same tam for the past 2 years. sorry. Those are my thoughts. Go nets and kings

Darkknight, nice comments, however you may want to read over your post and check you spellings. No flamin though.

On to basketball, I will disagree with you on the fact that kobe and Shaq make the whole team. Not when Horry has won two games for the Lakers so far. Fox when on fire is unstoppable from the three. Fish is the same way. Besides, when Shaq is fouled out the team will step up and play for him. I do agree that Kobe is a ball hog. And he does choke. It seems as if he feels that he has to do all the work. Who knows were still waiting for him to grow out of that.

It's going to be a great game tonight! Lakers and Celtics! A remake of the 80's!!!!!

yeah sorry, i am just always in a rush, I will try and do a spell check next time. lol. Yeah 2 Good games tonnight. hells yeah cannot wait. after the gym come home, sit down with a couple of brews, and watch 4 hours of basketball. I could not ask for a better frieday night.

HA no mistakes... lol

i dont think kobe chokes hes made alot of game winning shots just like he has missed alot of game winning shots...jordan didnt come through all the time for hes team but he liked takin that last shoot and so does kobe...just because he dosnt make them dosnt mean he chokes...there alot of guys in the nba who wouldnt even take the last shot because they r scared.they would pass the ball off r ask not to be given the ball...but just like mike kobe LOOKS FORWARD to takin that last shoot, and thats the sign of a champion.

should be a great game tonight...GO LAKERS!!!! also whats wrong with the lakers being cocky??? the bulls in there glory years had the SAME swagger that the lakers bring to the court... but i never heard any1 say that the bulls were to cocky, i guess because they had mj on the team they were allowed to be cocky right.but now every1 wants to hate on that lakers cause they r good and they know it. they have the most dominate player in the nba and the best player in the nba, we should expect the lakers to be nothin but cocky.

GO LAKERS!!!!!

A lot of people would want to see what butch said lakers vs celtics in the finals... I have a feeling there gonna fix it to make it Lakers vs Celtics " Trying to bring back history " but thats so corny Celtics can only win if they hit lucky 3's and i hate walker with his big fat head hes elmer fudd and pierce is buggs bunny with his teeth... celtics are a bunch of cartoon's.....and the lakers kobe bryant thinks hes good with his cocky smile like hes great...you didn't see him smile when bibby drained that shot....If it would be lakers vs celtics thats going to be the most corniest and boring championship......
    NEW JERSEY NETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keith Van Horn < MVP> LOLOL

Ironweb is offline Member
    Well being that I live in CA around the sac area I am a Kings fan and have watch them grow to where they are. I believe the Kings are gonna shock the world. They play very good team bball. Some people are talking about the kings and fouls. Come on in game 4 the Lakers were getting away with everything. Knock Bibby to the ground and no whisle. Anyways the Kings to win it all.

ok sorry SHONUFF i forgot to put that in my post, I hated the Bulls for being coky, esp jordan, but you got to admit jordan pipen they did not talk nearly as much shit ans Kobe and Shaq do. And don't get me wrong, I hear the way AI talk to and it pisses me off,. They all talk tooo much shit. The one ything you got to admi that makes Jordan the greatest is that he disn't really talk that much shit. I mean his team won for a whole decade and he did not tlak that much shit. ANd i am sorry no flame meant by this shonuff, but except for once i cannot remeber Jordan missing a game winning shot. thats what made him the greatest. he was the ame pressure or no pressure. He hit the shot. I really don't think Kobe or AI compare to him, Well kobe more then AI cause AI has proven to be extremely erratic, but he stil tlaks too much, thats why i don't iek the lakers, they all seem too cocky.

No flame meant to no one it shold be a good series, either one.

Iverson is much better then kobe the only reason why kobe looks better is because hes on a better team trust me if kobe was on a bumb team he would be chucking his ass off and people would be saying the same shit about him like they do about iverson.....Look what iverson pulled off last year...Can you see kobe doing that without shaq??? no way....Iverson is the most gifted player in the Nba right now hes superquick thats why no one can hold him anyways i still think Keith van horn is the BESTTTT!!!!!!!!

Knight, cocky is not bad unless you suck. I mean if the Clippers were cocky then something would be very wrong here. But look at the Lakers. They are the Bulls of the 2000 era. And Comamander, Kobe can smile because he is always making impressive shots. Bibby is a great player as well. However, he is fairly new to the NBA. Next year he will be talking so much shit. And give me a break, I have been watching the post game interviews, the floppers talk so much trash.
    The great thing is we are talking so much trash to each other (all in good spriits though...I hope) now, we won't be able to see who is right until a few hours. SO KEEP IT COMING.!!!!! We only have a few hours left.

Peace.

KingOfPop is offline New Member
    HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!! I just hope that everyone understands that SHAQ is one GIANT OFFENSIVE FOUL. How can you possibly deny that statement? Watch the games dammit!! Pushing others out of the way, elbows in the face, running over them as if it was a football game. This isn't football!! How is it possible for both centers on the kings to foul out of the game while Shaq gets only 4 fouls. What a load of bullshit!! I HATE THE LAKERS!! I'll admit that Kobe is a damn good player...he doesn't bother me so much EXCEPT when he guards Mike Bibby...he fouls him left and right...that's the only way to shut bibby down...that and knocking him in the face...That was the worst game 6...and through it all the Kings stuck with it...you can't keep them down...and as for the cowbells, why don't you blame that crap on Phil Jackson for talking shit. By the way...I highly doubt that Kobe got food poisoning at the Hyatt. I'm just so pissed at the turn out of game 6...there shouldn't even be a game six because game 4 should've gone to the Kings...Walker's three was a load of crap. And if the Lakers lose I'll enjoy watching the Nets murder them in the finals! LAKERS SUCK!!

Thread Information