View Poll Results: Who will win the Stanley Cup?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hurricanes in 4

0 0%
  • Hurricanes in 5

0 0%
  • Hurricanes in 6

2 33.33%
  • Hurricanes in 7

1 16.67%
  • Red Wings in 4

1 16.67%
  • Red Wings in 5

1 16.67%
  • Red Wings in 6

1 16.67%
  • Red Wings in 7

0 0%
    EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Red Wings vs Hurricanes

Let me guess...you're all on the Wings wagon? I think this series could go the whole way if Carolina plays their style.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Red Wings win in 5, Carolina gets 1 home victory.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Canes in 6! Why not? They've shocked everybody else and they got nothing to lose so I hope they win. Besides I hate the fucking chicken wings. $65million payroll, damn right they should win the cup.

Hurricanes win game 1!!!

13 down, 3 to go.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by palme
    Red Wings win in 5, Carolina gets 1 home victory.
    They now have one road victory

Told you guys canes in 6, might be 4!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Diesel
    I can't stand the Red Wings!
    I don't mind the Red Wings, but I can't stand Hasek.

I can't stand Hasek either. It seems like even the softest breeze will knock him over in pain. I'd like to see big Sean Hill run him over.

ravaz is offline Associate Member
    Redwings will pull this one off. Canes are not that experienced, and the truth is, they had a pretty easy road to the cup finals. Canes might win 1 at home, but I say Detroit in 6. Detroit has WAY too much talent. Either way, go canes.

Originally posted by ravaz
    Canes are not that experienced, and the truth is, they had a pretty easy road to the cup finals.
    Easy??? New Jersey, Montreal and Toronto??? Hmmm... Its time to start taking the Canes seriously. Sure, they could lose in 5, but that sounds too predictable for this team.

Well, the Canes lost game 3 but how great was that game? Its funny how the Wings give the Canes total respect but the average couch-potato fan still doubts them.

When I mean easy, look at the West conf, much tougher than the east conf this year. Philly was knocked out first round, and the Rangers didn't even make it. I go to alot of Canes games, it's always SO boring to watch. They have made a big turn around late in the year to make it count, but look at their conf, they are first place because it is pretty weak. Not trying to take anything away from the Canes, just saying they had it pretty easy compared to what they could of had it.

Ravaz.... How can you say the games are boring? Every game I've seen on TV has been amazing to watch. Maybe you just are not a big hockey fan. As for easy.... If I'm not mistaken, the seeding between Det. and Car is the largest difference in playoff history. Detroit has talent but they also have the largest salary payout ($63m) of all the teams in the NHL this year. It's cool if you don't like the Canes but I think some of your comments are far from the truth.

Can't say that I'm not a hockey fan, I've been playing hockey since the PeeWee's and I'm 21 now, so I have been playing for 15+ years. I like the Canes, It is my local team. I hope they beat Detroit, I really do. I give them alot of credit for showing Detroit they aren't chumps, especially with the big salary difference and the big names on Detroit. But admit it or not, the West is stronger than the east. Canes have come alive in the playoffs, and that's when it counts, I give them that. But I have been to about 15 games this year, and most of them aren't all that fun to watch. I am from NYC, so I grew up with the Rangers, Islanders and Devils. Devils games and Rangers games are fun to watch when your there, I just have more fun when at those games than a Canes game. I'll be honest, most of the fans down here don't know much about hockey, I mean the people from this area, not "yankees" and canadians. Oh, and when I mean easy road to the cup, I mean the games before Detroit. Devils sucked a fat one this year, Montreal wasn't that great, Toronto is OK, and in the beginning of the Toronto match up they played with some of their scrubs and they still beat the Canes. If they played Philly, do you think the Canes would of won? No way. Too bad they got knocked out. Canes would be better if they had 1 big money player, that would be the difference. I think they need a strong Center, they have Oneil for goal scoring and Francis to make plays, but alot of the starters are 21/22, young and make alot of mistakes. Didn't mean to start an argument over this.

The West is stronger than the East I'll give you that, but when Carolina was down in by 3 in the 3rd period and came back to win it in OT, that's when their season really took off. Philly lost and it's their fault if they decided to play like shit when it counted. Should have took notes from : Seattle Super Sonics / Clevland Indians /Atlanta Braves / even my beloved Buffalo Bills. I'm a transplant to the south so I know what you mean about the people not being yankees or canadiens. Good luck with hockey and maybe we'll see you in the NHL some day

BiosThornton is offline Junior Member
    Canes in 6...I hope.

Thread Information