Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TheGame826 is offline Member

Wrestling is getting real good again

todays raw was unbelievable, micheals had a great interview, but most of all Vince "the MAN" "god hes huge" won the entire company back, theres no more split.

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    Thank god, that crap was really beginning to aggrivate me. Watch Monday night to see Stone COld, Thursday night to see the Rock. You're right, McMahon is HUGE.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    I dissagree. The past month has been horrible. It's bad enough that I have to watch Rick Flair's wrinkled ass every Monday but the matches are horrible. It's the same matchups night after night. How many times do I have to see RVD and Eddie Gurrero fight? Come on! 2 ppv's and every Monday. Same with Brock Lesnar and Bubba Dudley. The shit is getting old, it better change or I'll be taking another break just like when they put all the leagues together.

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    Damn HBK came back... shit i forgot about it. NWO. i should start watching again. It was getting really crappy. Vegas sooooo true. nasty shit on flair. They ogtta bring back the mean street posse. lol

Demolition, the Bushwackers, Legion of Doom, even Yokuzuna and Earthquake ( I don't remember what they were called), those are some great tag teams. Oh I almost forgot, the Heart Foundation with The Mouth From the South-Jimmy Hart. I loved that guy.

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    I heard Legion of Doom is coming back

get out of here they kicked ass. I want the rockers to come back.... reunite shawn micheals and marty gennetty. OOOh or Ted Dibase. lol

superbeast is offline Member
    Vince really looked "jacked"! He's getting pretty old but he looked good for any age.

I'm glad there is no more separation. I only get to see Raw because my local cable doesn't have UPN.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    From what I understand they will keep the two seperate brands, only Vince will be 100% owner. Apparently ratings have been slumping so they are trying new stroy lines. Rumor has it that they may even bring in Eric Bishoff is an angle where he will attempt a hostile takeover. Other rumors circulating, several of the non-contracted "Tough Enough" wrestlers will form a group of dissidents who attempt to disrupt shows (Jake, Josh, Kenny, Pete?), Goldberg is close to signing, Stiener is close to signing...again these are all rumors.

BTW...I wonder why they punked out Arn Anderson like that the other night. He must have pissed Vince off in real life.

GOLDBERG. HE I THE MAN. Hiim and HHH are my 2 fav. I htink goldberg is the strongest out of everyone is the federations. Anyone see the night he wrestld the big show in WCW. He got him up to jackhammer THE BIG SHOW. and then the big show started falling back and goldberg with all his migh kept him stright up. ever sine that match he has been my fav wrestler. He kicks fuckin g ass. Def gonna get back to watching now.

If Eric Bishoff shows up you might as well take my new TV and throw it out the window. That guy single handedly destroyed the WCW and he will do the same for the WWF( No it's not the WWEEEEEEEE!, I'm old school and the forest huggers can go fuck a tree). Why is Vince giving all these guys (old WCW affiliates) chances? He was doing better before all this shit started happening.

thats is tue Vegas Kid. I iwll give yout hat. Its onbly after wcw was closed and they all came here, i stopped watching...

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    I wonder whats gonna happen with Stone Cold....cant believe that shit, him walking out,I've been reading rumours that he had been wanting to quit WWE for a while but never believed any of them, guess some of them must have been true...I was really looking forward to the whole Ric Flair being his personal assistant bit, would have been hilarious.

said on wwe.com that austin was released and is no longer a part of their talent roster

I JUST FOUND OUT TOO

....austin gone from wwe???well i guess they'll have to bring back the rock alot sooner maybe....

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    You never know.....Austin may end up coming back eventually...and as far as the Rock, I hear he's gonna be doing another movie in the fall and its supposed to take like 15 weeks to shoot, so he'll be gone again most likely

If they sighn GOldberg and Steiner, i think that could make up for it. But if they did that they might as well chnage the name again to WCW2. I can't beilve that shit about Austin, my friend told me yest that the cops are looking form him now cause he supposedly got ticked off and hit his wife??? Anyone hear that? Drunk bastard. lol

I thought Austin was divorced. Austin just walked out on the WWE which I don't agree with. Sounds like the guy has personal problems.

442-- WCW 2 is what it's heading towards... that wouldn't be a good idea.

SCSA is married to Debra Austin (formerly McMicheals). She called the police because of domestic violence but refused to press charges...just like an eisode of cops.

VK...I can't stand Bischoff either and I don't think they should even consider bringing him in. If they do, hopefully it will be just to punk out his bitch ass. He had some nasty things to say about WWF when WCW was riding the wave of the NWO and was leading the ratings war. He took all the credit for that and basically said McMahon was hitory. IMO, Vince will rbing him in and pay him just so he can humilate Bischoff week after week thus taking away any credibility Bischoff may have had. I also would hate to see Jeff Jarrett back in the WWF. IMO Jarrett is the single most over rated wrestler this industry has even seen. The only gimmick that ever worked for him was Double J...and that's because Vince came up with it. When he was in WCW he got over with the catch phrase "Slapnuts" but he stole it from Stevie Ray. Bischoff probably order Stevie to stop using it so Jarrett could have it.

Pete... nice to see somebody knows what they're talking about. Jarrett is a piece of shit you're right about that, but at least he's not the worst. Look at Disco Inferno, Konan, and the rest of that goon squad. Thank god those jackasses aren't around anymore.

Why bring in goldberg? They already got Lesnar and should focus on his character development. Get rid of Paul Heyman, and make him a champ or something like it. I'm sick of the same ol' shit weak after weak. Vince needs to bring back Shane O' Mack or some of the older superstars that he already has instead of all this new garbage.

I'm afraid if this keeps up I'll be forced to watch my old Survivor Series and Wrestle Mania tapes.

Good points...Lessner is definetaly the future of the Fed but I'm sure their fear (and mine) is if they push him too fast he may get a big ego and become difficult to deal with. Lokk at what happened to Bill Goldberg (although I like Goldberg). Yes, WWF need to get rid of some of the dead wood for sure. I am happy to see that they are using some of the talent they brough over properly...guys like Rhino, Lance Storm, Gregory Helms, Tajiri are solid workers with lots of versatility. I think they should develope RVD's personality a little more and let him work a prgram with Shawn Micheals. Nice to see Booker getting a face push now as well.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    booker t works out at my gym but we havnt seen much of him lately. i hate the way they are making such a jackass out of him, and now, shawn micheals knocking him out of the nwo(litterally!). maybe they will begin to rework him a bit.goldberg is the man, but so is lesnar. there characters would clash to much imo, be like having 2 undertakers. stone colds bullshit played out 6-7 months ago. he will take this break and when he comes back be fresh and popular again. his knees are so bad he can hardly walk now.

i to am so gald i dont have to see jeff jerret any more! or conan, or rey mysterio jr(or ANY of the luchadors for that matter!) wtf where they thinking?

it should be good tonight!!!!

Originally posted by Pete235
    I am happy to see that they are using some of the talent they brough over properly...guys like Rhino, Lance Storm, Gregory Helms, Tajiri are solid workers with lots of versatility.
    Yes and no Pete. Although they are talented, the WWE has made it that the only title worth a damn is the heavy weight title. I remeber when the Inter. cont, was just as a big of deal as any other title out there. With all the talent they have, they should push the IC title as well and then the fans will have a little more story to find interesting.

Big K--- Booker T at your gym! That guy is awsome, I like him. I wish Goldust wasn't made into a total ass cuz it does make Booker look stupid.

Originally posted by Vegas Kid
    I remeber when the Inter. cont, was just as a big of deal as any other title out there. With all the talent they have, they should push the IC title as well and then the fans will have a little more story to find interesting.
    Word! I remember back in the late 80's when Randy Savagae was IC Champ for like 2 years straight. He had plenty of title defences and always came out on top. Until that classic match with Ricky Steamboat. Even when RVD was in ECW he was TV Champ for like 2 1/2 years straight. IMO, titles change hands way too frequently nowadays...even the World Championship. By putting it around one Superstars waist for a long period of time, that builds anticipation and excitment. Today it's very common to see a title change on Raw or Smackdown. I would like to see no more than 2 title changes per year per belt.

You're so right Pete!! I think the amount of PPV's they have doesn't help either. It used to 1-2 a year, that's when the real anticipation kicked in.

If you smellllll what the Rock is cookin'!!

I thought it was classy of Vince to not talk shit about Austin even though he had every right to. And when the Rock showed up...WOW!
    That was probably the most sincere and honest portrayal of what wrestling means to these superstars. I've always know that the Rock has loved the business and his speech yesterday was straight from the heart. I'm glad to see he's comming back early and that he is true to the business that made him. He is truly one of the classiest indivduals I have had the pleasure of watching throughout all my years as a wrestling fan.

I agree VK...I think both McMahons and Rockies speeches, although planned, were shoots. I also agree that the number of PPV's has killed alot of anticipation. Back in the day, the superstars just did weekly matches against jobbers..like Iron Mike Sharp...and it was only during a PPV event that they would pit star against star. That was exciting! Back then they only had Wrestlemania, then gradually they added Summer Slam, The Survivor Series, The Royal Rumble and then King of the Ring. Now they have a PPV every month and programs (fueds) rarely last longer than that.

Funny thing is that the PPV's suck, the Monday Raw right after the PPV is better than the PPV itself.

Back in the day on Sat morning I'd watch WWF Superstars and the Dukes of Hazzard and eat might Hulk Hogan ice cream bar.

I think the role of the manager has also faded. Remember when you had Jimmy Hart, Slick Rick, Virgil (Ted dibiasi), and the others? They played such an important role in building up the hype, they should bring that back into wrestling.

Shit-forgot Mr. Fugi

rybee10 is offline Banned
    Wrestling sucks period!

That's your opinion so why don't you keep it to yourself and not post it on this thread.

rybee10...if you don't like a thread subject...keep it to yourself. I, nor anybody posting in this thread, is interested in what you think. So from now on, think twice before posting!

VK...I remember well Mr. Fuji well, he managed the Demolition and then left them for The Powers of Pain (Warlord and Barbarian). My fav manager was Bobby The Brain Heenan. The man had the best mic skills and could take a bump with the best of them.

The Brain was defintely the best. That guy made me laugh more than anybody else. His neckbrace was classic along with his trip to Vegas.

Ok guys seriously, when talking about managers how could you no talk about the hottest of them all, Sunny!!!! And the mouth kicked the most ass. lol and Paul bearer. lol... they should bring the managers back. Remeber whene ppv's were 3 or 4 a year. wrestlemania, survivor series, royal rumble and King of the ring. Remeber that shit. I iwll never forget the match where super fly got his ass whooped by taker. and the first time i ever saw blood in a match was hogan and sg slaughter. I started to cry lol. hahahahahah i loved the days when it seemed real. lol

hey guys, i was watchin american gladiators the other day (reruns), and they had rico on there, it was funny.

Rico huh? I forgot he was on there. I like A. Gladiators but when they came out with battle Dome that was my favorite. Those contestants had no chance in hell at winning so all you would see is these big ass dudes kicking the living shit out of them. Funny.

you still get american gladiators??? You freakn bastards. I lvoed thqat show. My friend in North Carolina still egts Knight Ruder and MAC GUYVER. I am always begging him to tape episodes and send them to me ... lol, But see he doesn't have seinfeld down there and I DO. muhahahahahaha

I don't get either one, but I do get the A-Team.

tape episodes..... pleaseeeee. lol hahahahaha. Murdock kicked ass

fuck i have the theme song in my head

you know when i am older i wanna be exactly how hannibal was. An old guy with a cigar in his moouth beating the shit out of people. lol

Did you ever notice how nobody ever died in all those episodes? With all those guns and bombs, not one person was ever killed. They also made it a point to show the person that was attacked was alright. This bugs me.

I loved hose fights when they were by a boat in the water. or osmehting, and they punch the guys and they go flying of the boat in the water

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information