Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    9natural9 is offline Banned

Pre-season Div I college football picks.....

Although I believe I am being sacriligious against my own team in which I will play for....my pick goes to University of Texas to take it all this season. Hook'em Horns, and no sassy backtalk about it CANES!!!

I bleed orange!!!

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Have to root on the USC Trojans!!!!

superbeast is offline Member
    I cheer for Big Red. Go Huskers! Too bad they will be down a little this year.

latman49 is offline Member

Re: Pre-season Div I college football picks.....

Originally posted by 9natural9
    Although I believe I am being sacriligious against my own team in which I will play for....my pick goes to University of Texas to take it all this season. Hook'em Horns, and no sassy backtalk about it CANES!!!

I bleed orange!!!
    Hell yeah!!!!! Hook'em Horns!!!! Nobody's gonna beat the Horns this year!!!! I hear Mack Brown has spent the offseason creating more geneticly enhanced super-players in his laboratory. The Big XII is going to get drowned in a sea of burnt orange this year!!!

Finally latman, I hope we play Miami in the big dance, I want revenge of that 46-3 drumming in the Cotton Bowl in the early 90's.......

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Finally latman, I hope we play Miami in the big dance, I want revenge of that 46-3 drumming in the Cotton Bowl in the early 90's.......

Not gonna happen bro....Miami all the way to Tempe for a 2-peat

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    Look out for LSU this year. The Sugar Bowl champs lost only a few players to the draft and will be even better next year. Not saying they will necessarily win it all, but I bet they have a better year that any Texas team

ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member
    I have to go with the Ohio State Buckeyes! They had one of the best recruiting classes in the country this year. They are going to surprise alot of people this year.

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    I have to agree with Canes...Miami's gonna be the shit again this year...defense too fast...hurt people...

Originally posted by JP1570
    Look out for LSU this year. The Sugar Bowl champs lost only a few players to the draft and will be even better next year. Not saying they will necessarily win it all, but I bet they have a better year that any Texas team
    Who replaces Rohan Davey (who is a Hialeah-Miami Lakes High grad BTW ) ?

Originally posted by ironmike7000
    I have to go with the Ohio State Buckeyes! They had one of the best recruiting classes in the country this year. They are going to surprise alot of people this year.
    Just as long as they beat the Wolverines that's just fine with me.

Originally posted by broncojosh
    I have to agree with Canes...Miami's gonna be the shit again this year...defense too fast...hurt people...
    Told everyone that Broncojosh was a smart kid !

Who replaces RO??? Probably Matt Mauck, x-minor league bb player, 22yr. old sophomore option QB. Was pretty impressive the few times he played last year. We also have a couple of studs that probably aren't ready to be stars next year, but who knows. What's Miami gonna do after losing all those guys to the draft??? Reload lol

latman49 is offline Member
    Who replaces RO??? Probably Matt Mauck, x-minor league bb player, 22yr. old sophomore option QB. Was pretty impressive the few times he played last year. We also have a couple of studs that probably aren't ready to be stars next year, but who knows. What's Miami gonna do after losing all those guys to the draft??? Reload lol
    Forget Davey, who is going to replace Reed? He is the biggest loss for them. As for the Canes, don't get me started. Without Bryant McKinney, who is going to protect Mr. Dorsey? CRRRRRUUUUUNNNNCH!!!!

Michael Clayton, Reggie RObinson, and Jerrel Myers can handle the receiver duties. In case you haven't noticed, Clayton is the next Randy Moss. He did things as an 18yr old true freshman last year that pro receivers cant do, plus RR was hurt all last year and is comin ready to play this year. We'll be fine at receiver, although you're right, Reed is a big loss

Reload baby ! We don't retool, we reload.

Miami has more depth than any of you guys realize, that is the key to winning programs. Many kids would rather spend 2 or 3 years on the bench at Miami and win a ring and then play for a year, than play full-time on some loser program like Missouri, Wisconsin, Vanderbilt or Arizona State.

Originally posted by latman49

Forget Davey, who is going to replace Reed? He is the biggest loss for them. As for the Canes, don't get me started. Without Bryant McKinney, who is going to protect Mr. Dorsey? CRRRRRUUUUUNNNNCH!!!!
    I love it when guys who don't know a thing about the WAY Miami wins, shoot smack

Hey Latman49, I love ya bro, but read my post above....it's called DEPTH

Just wait and see my brothers....when it comes September, IT'S ON !

shonuff is offline Associate Member
    Miami Baby!!!!! before mr.visor left tha gators i would have said them also but they will never be the same.

Gentlemen and JP1570

I just want to advise you all that smoking crack is very, very bad for you. JP1570, I understand your passion for LSU, but speaking with your heart can be detrimental to the football mind...you said, "LSU will be better than any Texas team...."

Do you realize that UT has had 3 years of unbelievable recruiting, we have more depth than Miami, no doubt. Our receiver corps Williams, Thomas, Johnson are untouchable, just ask Washington last year, and they were all sophmores, thats scary.

The ONLY concern I have is at QB. Chris Simms has the ability and bloodline, no doubt, but the guys heart is suspect. Luckily, we have Chance Mock (2000 Top 100 National Recruit out of Woolands, Tx) backing him up. Rumor has it that Mock has the mind and heart of applewhite, but the talent of Simms. We will see......CANES there is NO way in hell that they can hang with UT this year.....its been a long time waiting for Longhorns fans......you are right about that depth thing, just fortunately we have more this season, and BTW quit stealing players from the great state of TEXAS!!!!

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Texas Rules-Horns take it

Originally posted by Canes4Ever

Just as long as they beat the Wolverines that's just fine with me.

Hey Canes, we beat'em last year and I'm hoping we can do it again this year! I'll be at the game wearing my FUCK MICHIGAN shirt.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Texas? So far they have not proved too much. It seems that every year is to be their year...and where do they finish on the charts. I don't know guys, I don't think this is your year.

Of course at this point it is anybody's ball game.

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up

Originally posted by superbeast
    I cheer for Big Red. Go Huskers! Too bad they will be down a little this year.

I hear ya SB, I've always bled Husker red also. THREE national titles in the nineties, almost four except for a wide left field goal. However, I'm realistic enough to know they are gonna be down this year, by Nebraska standards. They'll still finish in the top fifteen I bet.

Now, about Texas, yes they got tons of talent, but have had for the last three years. The problem is Chris Simms, and Mack Brown. Simms ain't no big game quarterback, and Brown is a great recruiter but can't coach. Texas is gonna get wacked by Oklahoma again so you can forget about them. OU has Defensive ends running 4.6 40's. If Hunter Walls is as good as he's supposed to be at OU, its gonna be OU vs Miami for the title. Miami lost to many good players, ten drafted in the first two rounds, to be as good as last year, and they have a killer schedule.
    However, they'll probably be in the mix at the end.

What Texas needs is a new quarterback and a new coach. Can you imagine what Bob Stoops at OU could have done with all that talent. With about half the talent he won the national title at OU. Destroying Texas 63-14, and shutting out "The best Florida State team ever" 13-2.
    FSU's only points being on a safety. No flame intended Longhorn fans, just stating what has been obvious for so long.

My friend Natural, I realize that Texas has had 3 good years of recruting. I am an avid college football fan and pay attention to these things. Do you realize LSU's recruting class last year was top 3 in the nation??? Check any magazine. This year's class looks to be just as good. Do you realize that Michael Clayton can easily be an all-american this year?? What about Labrandon Toefield and Domanic Davis?? Ever hear of these guys?? You will. THe heart of our D and O lines returns, not to mention a much improved secondary. Watch out

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    What, nobody loves cocks around here? Gamecocks the whole way. Not only do we keep improving year after year, but Lou Holtz is a fucking god!! You guys have no idea how bad we sucked a couple of years ago and what a turn around this team has done. I can't wait to start tailgating and going to the games.

SEC rocks!!

Go Cocks!!

SBPh is offline New Member
    2 and 2 in the last 4 years against spurrier -- he's gone now --- revenge will be taken against LSU in sec champ. game --- the sec belongs to the vols--- Texas will blow it as they always do and the Sears trophy will be found in Knoxville 2002

Originally posted by Vegas Kid
    What, nobody loves cocks around here?
    Vegas I'd better not say anything or I'll get into trouble

SBPh, you ready for the ass wooping the vols are going to get when they roll down to Columbia?

Originally posted by SBPh
    2 and 2 in the last 4 years against spurrier -- he's gone now --- revenge will be taken against LSU in sec champ. game --- the sec belongs to the vols--- Texas will blow it as they always do and the Sears trophy will be found in Knoxville 2002
    Listen brother, you got to beat the 'Canes 1st

Canes, I'll send you a shirt that says "You can't lick our cocks!" This one is a favorite among the students.

I bleed orange, but I am not gullable enough to beleive that Texas has blown opportunity after opportunity, year after year....Mack Brown is way too conservative with the offensive weapons he has, therefore it alters the offense immensley....as for the OU game, OU has NO QB, last year if White wouldnt have came in and played way beyond his talent, UT woulod have won that game.....OU has lost the majority of its starters, Texas returns 90% of theirs....you do the math.....hopefully Brown wont shit himself this season and just open it up with his unbelievable weapons

A_Nice is offline Associate Member
    Actually we will reload....

Do you know how many young players we have with big time game experience already? I like the way coach Coker runs things.. Instead of running up the score on people this year too much he gave A LOT of the more inexperienced players huge chunks of game time. It makes the transition to next year so much more seamless....Do you really think UM is gonna throw out a bunch of green inexperienced players to start for them ? I know for dam sure they wont.

I would only be worried if we were say... replacing Ken Dorsey. But believe me, we aren't called Quarterback U for nothing. You can be sure when the time comes they are gonna find some other gem laying around somewhere to fill his shoes (tnx Brock Berlin), and that is what makes me happy

Canes, I'll send you a shirt that says "You can't lick our cocks!" This one is a favorite among the students.
    Wow, I would LOVE that shirt. I guess I can get it online at one of your school websites ? Send me a link by PM if ya can find one. I'd appreciate that. !

Originally posted by A_Nice

Actually we will reload....

Do you know how many young players we have with big time game experience already? I like the way coach Coker runs things.. Instead of running up the score on people this year too much he gave A LOT of the more inexperienced players huge chunks of game time. It makes the transition to next year so much more seamless....Do you really think UM is gonna throw out a bunch of green inexperienced players to start for them ? I know for dam sure they wont.

I would only be worried if we were say... replacing Ken Dorsey. But believe me, we aren't called Quarterback U for nothing. You can be sure when the time comes they are gonna find some other gem laying around somewhere to fill his shoes (tnx Brock Berlin), and that is what makes me happy
    Remember last year, Dorsey only played in four 4th qtrs last year in 12 games....most of the backup players were in entire 4th qtrs last year.

Oh our 2nd string offense scored 21 points on the # 1 Washington defense in the 4th qtr of that 65-7 debacle.

By the way Texas fans, better find some defense.....43 points given up to a LOUSY Washington offense that only could muster 7 on us is laughable.

<smack talk mode on>
    I drool if the SheHorns or any of the Bogus-12 teams are against us in the Fiesta Bowl next year
    </smack talk mode off>

What, nobody loves cocks around here? Gamecocks the whole way. Not only do we keep improving year after year, but Lou Holtz is a fucking god!! You guys have no idea how bad we sucked a couple of years ago and what a turn around this team has done. I can't wait to start tailgating and going to the games.

SEC rocks!!

Go Cocks!!
    South Carolina Gamecocks were the worst team in the nation a few years ago. Lou Holtz turned the whole program around. I watched Ryan Brewer play during his High school years for Troy High School. He showed my team ( Ohio State ) year before last that they should have recruited him better after he ran all over my Buckeyes on his way to MVP honors.

Wimmpy is offline Associate Member
    Go BLUE! I grew up in Ohio... made me realize that the only reason Michigan didn't fall of into the Great Lakes was because Ohio sucked so BAD! Go Wolverines!

Article in this morning's Miami Herald about next year's Hurricane football team. All about the returnee's

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/3218379.htm

Like I said I am confident in next year

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    I bleed orange, but I am not gullable enough to beleive that Texas has blown opportunity after opportunity, year after year....Mack Brown is way too conservative with the offensive weapons he has, therefore it alters the offense immensley....as for the OU game, OU has NO QB, last year if White wouldnt have came in and played way beyond his talent, UT woulod have won that game.....OU has lost the majority of its starters, Texas returns 90% of theirs....you do the math.....hopefully Brown wont shit himself this season and just open it up with his unbelievable weapons
    What! OU lost two defensive starters, Rocky Calmus and Roy Williams, and two O lineman. Thats it. And it wasn't Jason White who beat Texas, it was the OU Defense. Rembember 3 points. This year OU has a guy named Lance Mitchell to replace Calmus, Mitchell was the # ranked Junior college player in the nation. They've got a healthy White at quarterback, with Walls backing him up. OU's defense next year will be as fast or faster, then Miami's last year. Even the D lineman, Jimmy Wilkerson and Tommy Harris, run 4.6 40's. Natural, no flame bro, its a shame Texas doesn't have a good coach. If they did, they could probably have a dynasty going on right now. 66 of their top 80 players where four or five star recruits. On paper, nobody in the country has more talent. Everyone's talking about Lou Holtz, maybe they should try to get him.

lethalppl is offline Associate Member
    THis is just for you canes. GO Florida State. They are going to go all the way this year. u can say down with the canes... No way a repeat with Florida in the picture hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information