Thread: South Korea!!!

palme is offline Rosie Member

South Korea!!!

Lets make it all the way to the gold!!!!!

ibiza69 is offline Senior Member
    korea has to be the biggest giant killer in sporst history, first they beat portugal, then tie the usa, beat the poles, beat italy, now they dispose of spain, it's just unbelieveable. BUT they will not beat Germany, and thats a guarantee.
    the koreans have to be the one of the best things to happen to soccer in a very long time.
    they definately have earned my respect

I wouldnt say that.
    Germans are only human. And with that home crowd...looked scary at todays game!

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Upsets are great for any sport. I'd love to see the Koreans win it all, just to piss off the Italians.

Originally posted by EXCESS
    Upsets are great for any sport. I'd love to see the Koreans win it all, just to piss off the Italians.
    Can you belive that the Perugia coach kicked Ahn out off the team because he did the winning goal on Italy? How lame is that...

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    It was the owner's decision to kick him off the team. They said they had planned to cut him before the World Cup but hadn't announced it yet. Yeah right...

I also heard RAI the Italian sportschanel is going to sue FIFA for the ratings dropping now that Italy went out of the WC...

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    Go Korea, gotta love the underdogs, although they did clearly get a lot of home team calls, so did France in '98 and the US in '94. I think in a neutral site, Spain would have won that game due to the faulty offsides call and then the award of a goal kick to Korea on a ball that (1) did not go out of bounds and (2) would have almost definitely meant a goal and a win for Spain. Anyway, as much as I think Palme was put here to disagree with everything I say
    , I have to agree with him on this one, Korea has a decent chance. The US had a good shot and almost capitalized on it, and Korea has been playing better than the US, so why wouldn't KOrea have a good shot?

Originally posted by JP1570
    Anyway, as much as I think Palme was put here to disagree with everything I say

Thread Information