tt333 is offline Senior Member

All-Star game was bullshit!!!!

That was fucking sorry. The commish stops the game. Coaches are saying we dont wont to hurt the players. These motherfuckers are making millions and millions of dollars and they cant play extra innings? Pitchers any way pitch what, every 5 days? If the strike goes down in August, I hoped if fucking ruins baseball for life. This is suppose to be a fans game. They are fucking baseball players they dont do shit except hit the ball, field the ball, catch the ball and throw the ball. I could understand if this shit happen in the NFL or NHL cause they put there bodys on the line. But baseball, give me a fuckin break.
    Last edited by tt333; 07-10-2002 at 12:29 AM.

realer is offline Associate Member
    i kinda have to agree with your comments!

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    ditto

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Everyone needs to stop going to the ballparks until they change the way things are run. Another season ending strike looks likely. How sad.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Alex Rodriquez is making 24 Million dollars per year for 7 months work and he can't play a few more extra innings??? It's fucking insane!! This is way out of control...spoiled athletes!!

El Kabong is offline New Member
    Baseball is f**ked. First they spend the last 20 years extorting new stadiums out of nearly every city. And now they can't figure out how to split up the millions of dollars they are making.

Morons.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    There are people starving and these guys want more millions(!) just for throwing a ball...shows how wierd this world really is.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    First off, it's not that they can't play, but rather that in an all star game they try to get everybody to play. Since there's no re-subs therefore you run out of players. I know it's fucked up, but that's the way it is.

As bad as the ending to the game was, there was nothing worse than that bitch who butchered the national anthem. Who the fuck is anastasia? She didn't even know the fucking words! This whore is a disgrace and the jackass that signed her to sing should be shot.

And what's up with no MVP? Poor Ted Williams, they name the award in his honor and then they don't even give it out. If nobody wins then at least name an MVP from each team.

Selig is a fucking jackass and baseball is going straight down the toilet.

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    yea, this game was just the culmination of a bunch of bullshit that's been building up in baseball for years. If I never see another baseball game in my life, I won't even care. If baseball is our national pastime, then we are a sad sad nation. We can't even identify with these bastards anymore cause they make more in 5 seasons than we'll make in our lives. FUCKEM'

Shit, they make more in one year then what we will make in our lifetime!!!!!!

KeyMastur is offline VET
    i won't even comment on this thread........(more than this sentence)

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I'd be all for a homerun derby to decide the winner of a game tied after 9 innings.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Anyone for a game of baseball

$uperman is offline Member
    Originally posted by KeyMastur
    i won't even comment on this thread........(more than this sentence)
    werd....

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Originally posted by $uperman
    werd....
    but you probably agree with all these peope.....i won't comment b/c i don't agree with any of these comments.....and don't really want to start a huge debate which will get nowhere......

Go ahead and start a debate. Looks like alot of us have nothing better to do then be on this site.

KeyMastur is offline VET

Re: All-Star game was bullshit!!!!

Originally posted by titanstigers333
    They are fucking baseball players they dont do shit except hit the ball, field the ball, catch the ball and throw the ball.
    that's all they do, huh ?? so if a pitcher tears his rotator cuff and can't play anymore - what's he supposed to do then ? realize that most of these guys don't go to college, or even finish college if they go - so it's unlikely that they have a degree. their entire body is the lifeline to their job. if a shortstop gets taken out trying to turn a double play, tears his ACL - he's done. if a catcher gets blown up at home plate, suffers a concussion, broken jow, dislocated shoulder - he could be done.

I think baseball players should be paid by the way they play. Anybody remember the Rick Williams Contract when he played for the Saints? He wasnt going to get paid alot untill he started playing good. Well he didnt play well and didnt get alot of money that year so he reconstructed his contract. I dont think any player should get paid more then 2million. The minimum is 500thousand. Shit I could live on 500thousand. Andrew Jones was only getting 500thousand when he first started playing. Look what he did, Gold Glove awards, batting over 300 with over 30 homers. And this year the Braves gave him a better contract. They need to prove there selfs before getting these big ass contracts. Look at A Rod, got the biggest deal ever but he's tearin it up. Last year he got what,54 homeruns. Whens the last time we seen a shortstop hit 50 homers? And if anybody breaks the All Time Homerun Record it will probally be A Rod. O.K i got sidetracked. As many people dont agree with his contract, hes blowing up this year. Earn your money is what Im saying. Let these baseball players show what they can do before were giving them these unbeliveable contracts.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    No, minimum is not 500 K - little over 200

Look, if they do get put out of the game, they all ready got millions and millions of dollars. They need to suck it up and go get real jobs like the rest of us!!!

When did that change? 200thousand

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Real jobs ? they have a real job....it's entertainment....why do actors get paid so damn much ?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    When did that change? 200thousand
    it has never been 500 K

Shit there should be no baseball player or movie actor getting paid millions to entertain us. Only people that should get paid millions is school teachers. There teaching are kids how to write, read and to get ready for the real world.

And the army, marines, navy. They should get paid millions also.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Shit there should be no baseball player or movie actor getting paid millions to entertain us. Only people that should get paid millions is school teachers. There teaching are kids how to write, read and to get ready for the real world.

well when you become president, you can make that happen

That will be the day!!!

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    You definitely have a good point Keymastur, but baseball is getting out of hand. I'm tired of seeing the Yankees buy a few players for the playoffs. I'm tired of seeing owners and players whining about a salary cap. This and the threat of a strike are just the straw that broke the camel's back, at least for me.

the thing w/ the allstar game was the pitching. as a pitcher i can tell you that a few extra innings can be a huge factor if you have to pitch the a few dayz after. gotta remember these guys are still playing for a spot in the playoffs so they didnt want to mess up any chances for their pitcher throwing at their best. now some you do have good point... for ex. how can there not be a winner , there has to be someway to determine the victory. i kinda like the idea of getting the best hitters up and the most homeruns when. not a big chance of someone getting hurt and they're is still a winner. it really wasnt up to the players though , the coaches and the commissioner made the desision. im sure the players wanted a winner just as bad as we did. after all its bragging right for their league

btw... its a hella of lot more then just fielding , catching , throwing , and hitting the ball. i put all i have into playing the game when im on that feild....and then some

I play college ball I know what its about. 200thousand I can live on that too. The fans make MLB, without the fans no baseball. The thing is Bud fucked up calling the game. How would you like if you spent 600 a ticket to watch a tie? If they go on strike they will for sure ruin baseball.

Baseball national past time? It wont be if they strike. NFl will take over.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Just doesnt make sense to me. I know they have earned the right to the money they get but striking every few years??

It isnt like all of them are starving to death, how many of them have to work two jobs?

heh glad i dont like baseball to begin with..

Thread Information