Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator

Kevin Nash out for 6 months

Monday night during WWE Raw, Kevin Nash suffered a torn quadracep...similar to the injury suffered by HHH a little over a year ago. He will require surgery that will keep him out of the ring for 6 months. The odd thing is, that this was his first match in 2 months since a biceps tear took him out of action. I'll bet McMahon is pissed at having to pay Big Sexy for doing nothing but recouperating. Here's another interesting note, when it happened Nash crumbled to the mat and screamed in agony...it's likely that I would do the same. When it happened to HHH, he not only continued the match, but allowed Jerricho to apply his finishing move, The Walls of Jerricho!! That shows you how dedicated and tough Paul Levesque really is!!

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    good point.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Itīs all about heart.

woodsy169 is offline Associate Member
    Damn, you think any muscle tear would have you down screaming in agony...HHH is one tuff mutha

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    I met Triple H in a restaurant while on a trip to Alabama right after his surgery. He was eating with his surgeon or therapist and talking about all kinds of WWF story lines. Anyways, I went over to shake his hand and tell him how awsome it was to meet him and what balls he had to finish a match after. He was cool as shit and said he couldn't wait to get back into the ring.

That guy is fucking awsome in my book.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    From what I read, Theres not too many wrestlers that even like Kevin Nash. They said that he acts like a bitch too much. HHH is the man and letting Jericho do his finishing move after he tore his quad shows how much a man he is.

ripped_82 is offline Member
    Wow. I watched RAW that night and I thought that fall looked really fake. I mean I thought it was planned for shure.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by ripped_82
    Wow. I watched RAW that night and I thought that fall looked really fake. I mean I thought it was planned for shure.
    The thing that showed it was a legit injury is when Earl Hebner singlnaled the back by making an "X" with his arms...apparently that is the sign for legit injury. Also, if you noticed Bubba Ray immediately jumped down to Nash's side and asked in he needed help...he even shielded him for a moment. I'll have to assume Nash said he was OK for the moment because Bubba got back into the match.

I think that once this injury gets out, Nash won't be though of as a pussy (it is a pretty gruesome injury) but I do think that HHH's stock will rise again...it will just reiterate how ballsy he was to finish that match!

superbeast is offline Member
    I'm not knocking HHH at all. In fact I think he is probably the best wrestler out there, build, moves, character, etc.

But you can't make judgments in this situation. Everybody has different pain thresholds. Sometimes the same type of injury can be totally different due to many small factors. Nash's tear could have been in an area with more nerve endings in it. You can't say. Also, comparatively, Nash is an old man whose been through a lot more than HHH.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    You can also ask if going on when injured is brave or stupid.

But these guys i think do alot of this for the fans, and so by going on he lets nobody down even at own risk.

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    This definatley isnt going to help WWE ratings for the next little while, and HHH is still going to out for a few more weeks with his elbow....Too bad since the NWO was starting to get some mometum and they were actually getting decent TV time, doing funny shit like they did in WCW, just being assholes and some old school DX, making fun of everybody and themselves. Now that Nash is out, I wonder if they will try to bring in Big Poppa Pump to fill in, even if he's just doing promo's and other stuff

swampthing is offline Junior Member
    I was watching Raw when that happened. Weird part is, Nash was not really duing to much when he went down. It looked like he just stepped wrong and boom he is on the ground in agony. Seeing the signal that Hebner made at the time and the way the other wrestlers responded showed it was real. They layed off Nash until Bubba asked him if he was ok. Then they just kicked a few times but never attempted to pick him up or move him until the match was over. It sucks for Nash and sucks for WWE.

Oh, and yes HHH is the man. For many reasons.

celly510 is offline Junior Member
    thats what happens when you 7 feet tall simple injuries can become major.

Thread Information