shonuff is offline Associate Member

jerry rice 16 lbs lbm off-season wonder how??

i was reading a report on the web how jerry put on 16 lbs of lean mass by "just hitting the weights in off-season" yeah right at 39 i bet he had the help of a few AS,with the money he has he can afford any cycle.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    It's no secret that NFL players and professional athletes in general use AS. This is even more of a reason for Rice to use AS, he's getting older and needs to compete with the younger guys who are probably "using" as well. Don't get me wrong I realize Jerry Rice is one of the best ever but, his past will not get him a starting position this year if there is another guy who can get the job done better than him.

xxxl83

tru, but i think he will start this year

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    I bet HGH and Slin had a little something to do with it.... I'm sure he's been on the juice for his whole NFL career.... Doubt one off season of just another normal cycle is gonna add 16lbs.... I just wonder if it's gonna slow him down.... He has lost a few steps already....

FaTbAcK is offline Banned
    I doubt that he has been on his entire career...he was skin and bones last season

TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member
    lost a few steps...he never relied on speed anyways, not really fast to begin with. he's a good route runner though.

FaTbAcK is offline Banned
    hes a precise route runner, flawless, thats why he doesnt need speed....

i know, thats why i mentioned his route running ability.

all i know is i wish i could be 39 and still be playin in the nfl...actully i wish i could just play in the nfl

then work hard to get there man. if you got the tools, they'll find ya. if you play ball, whats your 40 yd (elec. if possible) and vertical.

Superman75 is offline New Member
    I remember reading in the NY Times years ago about Rice's training.

He trained like 6-8 hurs a day off season. All kinds of training-weights, sprints, football drills, uphill running.

That kind of training without some chemical support could burn up a lot of muscle. To gain 19 lbs off season at that age yeah I think he was on something

xplicit is offline Member
    I wrote a thread asking of he was taking juice also, i definity think he did. To be 39 and to put on 16 pounds of muscle in the offseason is ridculus. I know he had one of the best routiens for a football player but since he already had a great routine how much better can u make it t put on 16 pounds??/ Definity AS

$uperman is offline Member
    i dont think jerry rice did some sauce in the offseason. he has aways bust his ass in offseason , prolly more then any other NFL player. he has never needed extra mass before , he has all kind of records, and the offseason is a pretty good amount of time to put on 16 pounds. just my 2 cents but i really dont think he went to AS.

Big_Dippin is offline Associate Member
    I really never liked Jerry Rice to begin with but he never was a speed receiver. His routes are perfect, hes smart, and he had 2 great quarterbacks throwing to him. Plus his conditioning is top notch. But 16 pounds in the offseason had to come from something with a needle.

Thread Information