Cousin Eddie is offline Associate Member

Sportsmanship and the kids

Received this in email today....funny

As many of you who have ever coached a youth team are aware, or those who have young children at home waiting to be molded, it is a very gratifying job when you sit back and think of not only the technical skills we can pass on, but perhaps more important, the sportsmanship and strong moral base that we can provide our kids.

The attached picture says it all, a young man who has obviously been given a deep love of the beautiful game, a love that should last a lifetime
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sportsmanship and the kids-sportsmanship.jpg  

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Looks like a Brit, at least their parents don't go beating up referees and tackling 8yr olds. Parent's in youth sports are a fucking disgrace in this country. Most are living their washed up dreams through their children and the kids are suffering.

Damn Vegas, dont sugar coat it bro, just say what ya feel

There are some decent parents in youth sports, and some true a**holes too. You really must stay involved in it to keep your kid from getting screwed up. Same with public school and everything else these days.

Beating refs and tackling 8 year olds is sick. I would never tackle a kid under 12

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Almost every week I hear about some kid getting molested by his coach or some parent acting like an idiot. When I was a kid, it was just for fun, win or lose, we had fun.

Just look at that little dick in the Little League World Series who called his shot. After he hit it he was banging his chest on second base like a fucking animal. Try that shit in the big leagues and you'll get hit with a ball for sure. That's not what kid's should be looking forward to.

I have to admit I missed that one. What team did he play for?

I did catch the Harlem vs. Lou. KY. game yesterday and thought they should make the NY pitcher wear his cap the right way. Try to keep some dignity and tradition to the game. Thats probably nit-picking but it bothered me. The Kentucky team was impressive.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Feyenoord, itīs a Dutch football team...

aristotle is offline New Member
    Guys the kids are just that, kids. I agree that parents are the ones that have the problems, they abuse their kids and others, while the kids play the game. But lets get serious for a moment, kids will do as they see the stars do. That kid the called his shot, in little league world series, would totally looked like a jackass and would have been ridiculed by his peers if he didnt come through. It's just a chance he took and it worked for him, Im glad for him, as for the other teams pitcher, if I were him I would of belted one on the kid that called the the shot on his ribs. But he showed more class and went after him with his pitches, his showed guts , but that does not mean the I called my shot teams kid, is unsportsmanlike or any worse than him. Parents and media are the ones making all the noise in this situation, I bet most if not all kids that were playing thought it was a cool risk he took.

Thread Information