Cousin Eddie is offline Associate Member

MLB - Do you care?

If there is an MLB player strike on Friday, will anyone care?

Also, did you see that they agreed to limit random drug testing to schedule 3 anabolic steroids , but testing will not include marijuana or cocaine? Not sure I understand the message sent by that one.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Let'em strike. This shits gotten way out of hand.
    They'll strike and loose money, loose fans.

I read somewhere that if the strike goes through Derek Jeter will loose $80,000 a day--HaHa

The testing issue is screwed to. We're not gonna let you take some winny to help you cut up and increase your speed, but you can go ahead and sub some cocaine instead.

Maybe it's a good move by the players. They know they can beat the steroid tests because other sports obviously know how to do it, and they still dont have to worry about random tests for pot and rec. drugs.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    I give a fuck, a flying fuck. Now let me go back to $10/hr PT job so I can pay for my football tickets.

FaTbAcK is offline Banned
    Those players are turning Americas pastime into a a damn disgrace!!!

Big_Dippin is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by FaTbAcK
    Those players are turning Americas pastime into a a damn disgrace!!!
    Your right, its all the players fault. Fuck that, the owners are bringing in more money than ever before. The players should get their fare cut of it. If the owners got all the money then people would bitch about that. If everyone could play pro baseball, then more people would. Bottom line is everything is worked out besides the revenue sharing. The top payroll teams don't want to help out the small market teams. That is bullshit, my friend.

What the hell is wrong with these guys?? Who would be complaining with a 2 million dollar salary? I get sick and tired of these strikes, they should be happy that God gave them talent and they're reaping the benefits.

swampthing is offline Junior Member
    I think A Rod is going to lose 114,000 per day. Can even imagine that being my daily paycheck.

I am a big baseball fan. Always have been. Hell, it America's past time. But I am sick of this shit. It really isn't fun to watch because you know who is going win at the end. And their is to much greed (players and owners.) They all seem to be just whining and bitching at this point. Thank God college football is here.

Bottom line is everything is worked out besides the revenue sharing. The top payroll teams don't want to help out the small market teams. That is bullshit, my friend.
    So do you think it should be less of a business? If the Yankees built an empire that allows them to generate more money than the other teams, isnt that capitalism at its finest? Work hard and reap the benefits?

As a fan of a "small market" team, I am pissed that the Yankees have all the damn money. But just because I dont like it, that dosent mean they dont deserve to keep what is theirs.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Both sides are too blame. Nobody wants to hear about billionaires vs. millionaires. Frankly, thank god for football season! I might check back in during the spring until then, FOOTBALL.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Im just sick and tired of every few years the baseball guys whine and strike.

Its gotten out of hand in my opinion.

Thinking of sports teams, football players,basket ball players, soccer players and the others work way harder and most of the time end up barely able to walk unassisted after their years on the teams.

It just seems that the less you have to work, the more you get to bitch..

i know im over simplifing and making light of the hard work baseball players do, just doesnt make sense why they cant just be freaking happy.

the strike is going to drive some away, not everyone but i know i have had all i can stand.

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! do i care if a bunch millionare crybabies lose any money i dont give a shit! about them, all they do is whine and cry i mean c'mon 2.5 million average salary!? i could retire with that amt! most people in the usa dont even make that in a life time. this is capitalism at its worst the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer and those poor fans steady paying money for those tickets that give them(players) their salaries ill never pay to see a baseball game give me football or give me death! 'nuff said

Thread Information