footballcat is offline Associate Member

How do the US basketball team lose

I dont know if anyone heard but how the hell do we lose to Argentina. We should domante everyone. Even if its the second string guys.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Cuz our guys can't play as a TEAM. What do they care? They're getting paid and they play like a bunch of lazy asses which is what they are. Why do you think we don't have our best out there? Cuz there's no money involved.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Originally posted by Vegas Kid
    Cuz our guys can't play as a TEAM. What do they care? They're getting paid and they play like a bunch of lazy asses which is what they are. Why do you think we don't have our best out there? Cuz there's no money involved.
    I couldnt have said it better bro!

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member
    hey and there are alot of imported players in the league , so i guess you could say the rest of the world is catching up,and besides i saw the game and the us was just "playing" if you know what i mean?dont worry they'll beat everyone at the medal round. it is a shame that the top players wont play because theres no money involved, what happened to patriotism?(sp)

SH!T! did you just see the US lose again to yugoslavia of all countries!! there out of medal contention!! hopefully this will be a wake up call for all those greedy mothers that sat out!

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Its the same reason that Canada hasn't always had success in international hockey - they have the best players but not always the best team. Argentina and Yugoslavia play a great team game, while USA plays an individual game. No offense to any Americans, but those cocky bastards (the players) deserved a kick in the ass like this.

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    GO NEW ZEALAND GO lol ........HITMAN

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    ya, i saw where the US lost to yugoslavia??? WTF, they had vlade divac on their team...i thought that lanky bastard was from russia?? he's a sell out regardless...you think he would be a millinaire in the yugoslavian professional basketball league??? if they even have one...

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Guys i know you are upset that America lost but Yugoslavia aint a bad basketball team.

USA - Yugoslavia 78-81 Good game Yugo!

DrJay73 is offline Associate Member
    Bottom line is basketball is a TEAM sport and all these NBA players are worried about today is money and sponsers/commercials. It's really sad to see the shape basketball is in here - I remember what it was like when Bird, Magic, Jordan and Isiah were playing in their primes - that was basketball! What's not is how the rest of the world has finally narrowed the gap and are producing quality basketball players not to mention teams as the US has found out the past 2 nights. Argentina and Yugo both played fundamental basketball and played as a team while the US players were out there trying the make the Sportscenter highlights with individual dunks and bullshit! Money and greed are destroying pro sports as we know it all across the board......

FaTbAcK is offline Banned
    no heart.

durbin22 is offline Member
    The whole basketball thing is a joke. Look at the guys that didn't play. Shaq, Kobe, Garnett, Kidd, etc. They all have better things to do then represent their country. Greedy bastards.

hey but you do have to give props to the other nations they have been getting better and better every year! though it didnt help that nothing but nba so-so were playing!

tatty is offline Member
    Steve Nash only played one game for Canada as well, and that was in Vancouver vs. China. Bottom line is, they have a paying job that requires them to be in top health. In my opinion, there is only so many times you can play for your country before it gets repetitive etc...Don't know the circumstances for the US players like Shaq and Kobe though...

Thread Information