FaTbAcK is offline Banned

Vargas v.s. Oscar D.

Vargas is gonna kill this [deleted]!!!

They fight Sat night on pay per view. Vargas has got the biggest heart in a fighter since Sugar Ray.
    Last edited by EXCESS; 09-14-2002 at 11:34 PM.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Re: Vargas v.s. Oscar D.

Originally posted by FaTbAcK
    Vargas is gonna kill this [deleted]!!!

They fight Sat night on pay per view. Vargas has got the biggest heart in a fighter since Sugar Ray.
    First of all, watch the homophobic comments.

Second, if Vargas has any heart it must be hiding behind his big mouth. De La Hoya made him look like a fool! Oscar took every punch, especially in rounds 2, 4, and 6, and came back better. This fight may have proved who has the bigger heart, but it also proved that Vargas has been running on hype and talk for the last year.

Big_Dippin is offline Associate Member
    All I can say is great fight. De La Hoya won just like I thougt he would. He really took it to Vargas after the 6th round. Maybe next time, Vargas won't talk so much shit about him. I think Vargas is a good fighter but he talks to much. Again, great fight.

$uperman is offline Member
    i was hoping De La Hoya would win...... vargas was way too cocky about the fight.

superbeast is offline Member
    Yes, that was one of the best fights I've seen in a while. Vargas talks way too much. He didn't respect De La HOYA. Even after the fight, Vargas just left the ring without a congrats or anything. I was glad to seea class act win and not some mouthy punk.

SB

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by superbeast
    Even after the fight, Vargas just left the ring without a congrats or anything.
    To his credit, he headed straight to the hospital out of precaution.

Wimmpy is offline Associate Member
    Loved the fight! If the ref would have let him stand there any longer it would have been to the mortuary instead of the hospital.

Well, I am 0-2 for predicting fights. (Lost the Tyson fight as well) The reason I love Vargas so much is that he has a fire in him that makes him so damn fun to watch. He does have heart, that was obvious when he stood there and wouldn't go down even though he was almost unconscious, he said he would rather die than lose. Well, he almost did. That is a great show of heart, and stupidity. You see, the problem with Vargas is he could have destroyed De La Hoya if he used his brain. He was the bigger, stronger, and heavier puncher than Oscar, but he brawls instead of boxing, and the boxer will win 9 times out of 10, just ask George Foreman (in reference to his loss to Ali). The thing is Ali talked way more smack than most boxers, and I would bet a quick million that the majority of you love him, but there is a difference. Usually Ali backed it up, but there were a few times he didn't, i.e. Ali v.s. Frazier I. Vargas is cocky, I wish he would think more instead of brawl, he would be one of the best. I think he might be done, he is young but has taken 2 huge beatings from Tito and Oscar. I would like to see Oscar fight Hopkins, then he would be on the end of a fucking beating.

By the way Excess, sorry about the homosexual reference, I should have said fuckface
    Last edited by FaTbAcK; 09-16-2002 at 11:18 AM.

I have to admit, I hate Oscar, but damn what a ass beating at the end....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vargas v.s. Oscar D.-vargasassout.jpg  

MMA Junkie is offline Junior Member
    I was at the fight and I'm glad Vargas lost.

He ran his mouth like a punk and couldn't back it up. He further embarassed himself by getting caught for using Winny (I have no problems with using winny, he just got caught for it as a pro boxer).

After the fight he did not congratulate Oscar and according to Oscar, he hasn't talked to him since.

Vargas said, he'd rather die than lose to Oscar. He also said Oscar's a sissy and not a "true mexican" (whatever that is supposed to mean).

So after losing to a sissy and not a true mexican, what does it make Vargas?

Nothing more than a loud-mouthed loser.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    I wonder if Vargas used the Winny tabs or injects...

Thread Information