Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Rugby13 is offline Member
    Mental toughness...football???? Well let's see (even for a QB) Actual "on field time for a QB, I guess saying about 20-25mins is fair. Actual playing time, probably like 10-15mins. I don't know the exact numbers but I think that might be close.
    As for EVERY rugby player on the field. THEY ALL PLAY 80mins. So lets recap....you're telling me that you need to be mentally tougher for 15mins of playing time as apposed to 80 mins of actual playing time with only a 5min half time? I THINK NOT!!!!
    the difference might be that a QB needs to know all the plays as so forth but he gets told what each play is going to be. Rugby on the other hand has 15 player on each side that has to improvise each time they touch the ball. No coach to call plays next to the line, they all have to be able to think on their feet for the entire 80mins of play. So mental toughness, well if I thought it were a close call I would've brought it up earlier but rugby wins this one hands down bro!!!!

And bro it's Darren Bennett, not derrick and just for some general info, he played ausie rules football and not rugby....they are nothing alike....sorry
    http://www.nflaussie.com/ (his website)

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    ugh, this thread is giving me a headach. . .argueing online is like watching the special olympics, funny to watch, but you dont wanna do it

Well find another bro.......later

ah **** it. . .this debate will never end!!!!!!! FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL big large fast dudes hittin one another its tough anf fun and so is rugby i imagine. . .but here in the states, your gonna get football as your number one answere

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    RUGBY, RUGBY, RUGBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hands down.
    think about it, football has a line of guys all bumpin up against one or two other guys, i'm a lock here in colorado. there is approximately 2,000lbs in our forward pack buttin heads with their 2,000lbs. people get hurt bad.
    anyone who's ever been in a maul past the opposition five meter knows the violent bloodshed occurring on the inside. i've had more broken noses, concussions, scrapes, bruises, lacerations, and fuked upedness in rugby than in all the physical altercations i've ever been in!
    and don't get me started about the runnin. i weigh in at 252 currently with not a lot of fat, and you run all fukin 80minutes!
    played football too, what a joke. i could train for that **** in my sleep.
    LONG LIVE THE BLOODY RUGGER!!!!!!!

forgot to mention, i love to punch in the rucks!!!!

injuries do not determine how tough a game is. . infact i dont even know how u measure toughness. if u measure toughness by amount of injuries suffered then powerlifting leads the way, that sport has more injuries then neother

Well said bigbouncinballs, which club do you play for?......and dalcowbag, unfortunately for you we're not talking about powerlifting are we??? Rugby vs. football if I remember correctly!!!

ok sh!t for brains i was making an example of a sport that would be "tough" by your standerds, b/c according to you, the more u get injured the more tough a sport is. . .which is bull

i play for a college team here in Denver, and am looking to play for the denver barbarians till a european position opens up. heading to france and england this fall to try and do some convincing!!!!

where the hell are all my football boys!!!

LotsoLove is offline Associate Member
    There is simply no comaprison football is tougher.... I don't even know why there is a debate... I am not a big follower of rugby but I personally have never heard of paralysis and death in rugby. I play college football and from what I have seen there is far greater speed and much more intense collisions. I agree rugby is a tough sport but not to the same level as in football in ky opinion!!!

WE WON WE WON WE WON WE WON WE WON WE WON. . .lol

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!! WE WON!! FOOTBALL WINS RUGBY LOSES JUST LIKE ANY OTHER TIME IN AMERICA!!!!!

footballs for biches, take off the pads and take it like a man ya fat,lazy bastards

Quote Originally Posted by LotsoLove
    There is simply no comaprison football is tougher.... I don't even know why there is a debate... I am not a big follower of rugby but I personally have never heard of paralysis and death in rugby. I play college football and from what I have seen there is far greater speed and much more intense collisions. I agree rugby is a tough sport but not to the same level as in football in ky opinion!!!
    if you're not a big follower, is it any surprise that you haven't heard of the paralysis and death? "i've never been to uruguay but i know it sucks"... what an idiot!

But you see how you change the topic to something else.. You had to change to an unrelated topic instead of commenting on it from information that relates to rugby because you have nothing to back it up. You use injuries to show how tough rugby is but every single injury you mentioned occurs in football but since the same injuries happen it makes rugby tougher hmmmm..... but you never backed up the paralysis or death in rugby... and by the was whoever made the comment about the 2000 lbs of linemen I ask you to go up against any of them and tell me who would be tougher.

and try being in one of the piles there is all the same kicking and biting and punching in the rucks

and who are you calling lazy... one of my good friends plays rugby and our workout alone take more time than all of the time the team spends on rugby, not to mention our practices, classroom sessions film sessions, plus the time to learn all of the plays. But football players are the lazy ones.

Sorry to leave you hanging with these idiots bigbouncinballs but I'm back now.
    lotolove....you obviously had it right when you said you're not a follower of rugby bro. Sorry to destroy your little theory about the paralysis, death....but you wanted evidence, here it is first hand. My uncle (dad's brother) got killed by a hit, playing rugby. I geuss death beats paralysis????? You got any first hand experience with any of that in football? And I'm not talking about guys dying from heat exhaustion (sp) or something like that.
    And as far as using injuries and a toughness measurement...let's rather say the risk of SERIOUS injury is a good measuring tool yeah? So to answer the earlier response.....WE WIN WE WIN WE WIN WE WIN!!!!

One more thing lotolove, try getting all your thoughts in one reply instead of using three to get what you're thinking out.
    Last edited by Rugby13; 04-14-2004 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbouncinballs
    i play for a college team here in Denver, and am looking to play for the denver barbarians till a european position opens up. heading to france and england this fall to try and do some convincing!!!!
    Do you play sevens? I know the denver team was at nationals last year. If we make it again this year I might see you there!!! I'm playing in Atlanta. Wanted to move back to South Africa, got offered a bursary but it's a little hard with a wife and a child on the way so I'll do what I can down here in the South.

That goes to the same level your right I dont follow rugby or whatever but obviously you dont follow football either. It's not just heat exhaustion buddy. My dad is a perfect example. He didn't die but he was hit and if the doctor said if he ever got hit like that again he would be dead he got lucky. That is my personal story and there have been people killed by hits in football so there goes ur theroy. I'm sorry about your relative but people die on the football field but I guess that means there is that risk in football too. Wanna try something else with your little first hand experiences. But the difference is at least I can admit i dont know everything you are sitting there with complete bias with blindly being ingnorant.

Before you call someone ignorant look at the preceding posts..... you said that you've never heard of those injuries in rugby, so I just pointed you in the right direction. Now I did not say that those injuries don't happen in football bro, I just asked for an example. So which of my theories were you referring to??? See I didn't have a theory...so there goes your theory about my theory
    Sorry about yuor dad also.....
    but we can't get into a number of injuries game because we'll go on forever but here's an example for you....
    you have two hits, one with pads, ie football and one without pads, ie rugby...which do you think has the greater risk of injury??? Even use the same two guys in this little experiment.

me and lotsolove play on the same team. . .two years in a row watching a player carried away on a stretcher in an ambulence. . theres some more first hand experience. . .and BOUNCINBALLS. .theres is sure no way in hell you are calling me fat u SOB. .and like it was stated in an early post, all the ppl who play rugby around here are the ones we are too weak and retarted to play football, they dont have the work ethic to be disaplined by a coach so they play a sissy club sport. . .and RUGBY13, it took lotsolove all the post to make his point b/c he has so many concusions from football!!! what a tough kiddo

Quote Originally Posted by Rugby13
    Before you call someone ignorant look at the preceding posts..... you said that you've never heard of those injuries in rugby, so I just pointed you in the right direction. Now I did not say that those injuries don't happen in football bro, I just asked for an example. So which of my theories were you referring to??? See I didn't have a theory...so there goes your theory about my theory
    Sorry about yuor dad also.....
    but we can't get into a number of injuries game because we'll go on forever but here's an example for you....
    you have two hits, one with pads, ie football and one without pads, ie rugby...which do you think has the greater risk of injury??? Even use the same two guys in this little experiment.
    your two avg rugby players arnt 245 bench a bus and run a 4.5 bro

The whole point of the injuries thing was to prove that point you cant judge the toughness in injuries. Besides have you ever hit with pads. I have gone full contact practices w/ out pads on before against those w/ pads on so I know how it is both ways. And honestly there is probably a greater risk on injury with pads and you would know if you ever hit w/ them. With pads you simply hit harder and can use the pads aka helmet as a weapon. Which hurts more.... hitting someone with a fist or hitting someone with a metal bat???

very true. . the helmet is a freggin weapon

bro you can take any weight guys and make them hit each other without pads and the result will be the same as 2 300pounders.

but to address your statement more closely..... 245lbs would be 111 kilograms which if you followed rugby AT ALL at the professional level you would find that 111kg's is a lower than the average weight for a rugby player bro.

[QUOTE=dalcowbag].and like it was stated in an early post, all the ppl who play rugby around here are the ones we are too weak and retarted to play football, they dont have the work ethic to be disaplined by a coach so they play a sissy club sport. . QUOTE]

Bro you do realize that there is actually a whole world out there other than the U.S.A. right? This statement might be true in America due to the sport being young here but I promise you where rugby is played professionally (about 20 other countries) it's a different ball game.

Obviously you have never hit a 300 pound person there is no comparison yes there r smaller people who hit hard but if you have 300 lbs comin at you at you your r gonna get f'd up

Quote Originally Posted by LotsoLove
    Obviously you have never hit a 300 pound person there is no comparison yes there r smaller people who hit hard but if you have 300 lbs comin at you at you your r gonna get f'd up
    Bro get your head out of the sand for just a mnute and think about my statement. OK to make you happy...you have a 300lb guy running at a guy without pads and a 300lbs guy running at a guy with pads...who's getting hurt?

but no where besides the USA matters!! lol

but you do know there is football in other countries too... and all of those are minor leagues because they aren't strong enough or tough enough to play on the American level

a little narrow minded there aren't you?? and yes I know about the european league

Well obviously you know enough about your sport to know that rugby players dont wear pads so obvioulsy the person who is not wearing the pads is gonna get f'd up bc it is more dangerous with pads but when those same two 300 lbs people run at each other w/ no pads there is a less chance to get hurt. How do you compare situations which make no sense. Thats like saying whose gonna get f'd up a tank versus a normal car.... but does that normal car become tougher because it has no protection that was the worst example I have ever heard I did have some respect for your intelligence before this last comment now you are on the same level as that bigbouncin w/e. Dude that was seriosuly retarded what you said next time think come on

Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Rugby13
    a little narrow minded there aren't you?? and yes I know about the european league
    there are also team like the italian nationol team for example. .a d3 team from upstate NY (who suck BTW) go over and kick the sh!t out of them every year. . .i know that has nothing to do with nething but thought i would say, so here is a banana

Yeah!!!!!

And I know kids on that team and they were backups in high school so tell me how tough europe is!!!

booo, europe smells!!! lets nuke them and take their oil too!!!

Thread Information