Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Rugby13 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LotsoLove
    Well obviously you know enough about your sport to know that rugby players dont wear pads so obvioulsy the person who is not wearing the pads is gonna get f'd up bc it is more dangerous with pads but when those same two 300 lbs people run at each other w/ no pads there is a less chance to get hurt. How do you compare situations which make no sense. Thats like saying whose gonna get f'd up a tank versus a normal car.... but does that normal car become tougher because it has no protection that was the worst example I have ever heard I did have some respect for your intelligence before this last comment now you are on the same level as that bigbouncin w/e. Dude that was seriosuly retarded what you said next time think come on
    NO DIPSH!T....
    I wasn't saying have one guy with pads and one without. I'll try making this simple so you can understand.....
    2 250lb guys, 2 situations....
    situation #1: Both guys have pads, one with pads tackles the other with pads
    situation #2: Both guys without pads, one without pads tackles other without pads.
    Which situation is worse?
    I hope this is simple enough for you bro
    Last edited by Rugby13; 04-14-2004 at 07:43 PM.

LotsoLove is offline Associate Member
    Let me make this simple for you because i have answered that 5 times the ones w/ the pads have the greater chance to get injured maybe you should go to Europe they promote illeteracy there

ok now please enlighten me on why you think the guys with pads will get more hurt?

Have you ever been hit by metal or hard plastic on flesh??? Well if you have you can understand for yourself... Go find a something metal and have someone run with it at full speed and hit you with it just because we have pads doesnt mean we hit pad to pad... then you'll see for yourself. But flesh on flesh os nothing. If you think thats tough go play soccer or volleyballl im sure you'll have that kind of contact there!!!

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah!!

http://allblacks.xtra.co.nz/videoaud...55-300,00.html
    click on this link and tell me you'd tackle that guy in the first part of the clip without pads
    He's you 6'4" 262lbs and runs the 100 meter dash in 10sec. The position he plays is equivalent to your wide receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    Yeah!!
    do you have anything valuable to say besides cheering him on bro.... YEAH

WTF are you talking about that guy is not even big!!! He aint **** most guys D3 guys are bigger than this guy i hope you have better than that

yeah, i feel asleep watching that rugby clip. .BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORINGGGGGG

watch some ray lewis highlights my friend

6'4" 262lbs not big??? (Cause you can tell from watching a clip he's not big right?) You name any wide receiver bigger than he is...... that's the equivalent position. Think about this for a second guys. In football the guys that ray lewis has to tackle don't even see him coming due to all the guys blocking for him. In rugby there is no blocking, no one covering your ass. It's man on man and the best part is, he knows it's coming. ray lewis wouldn't make half the tackles he does if the guy he was tackling could prepare for it. he wouldn't have a chance with that dude in the clip runing down on him head on. Maybe if that guy was with his back to lewis he might be able to put a hit on him but not head on.
    Last edited by Rugby13; 04-14-2004 at 09:08 PM.

david boston, 6'2 240. .would smoke that fat ass with skinny arms ne day

interesting to see that you think a guy that weighs 20lbs more and is 2inches taller than david boston would be skinny The day i see a wide receiver run over a man like that I might think otherwise about football.

have u ever actualy SEEN football my friend??

oh yeah by the way, that guy is the same guy I spoke of earlier that the NFL tried to recruit as a running back and he said no he could never get into a sport where during a game that lasts like over 2 hours he'd actually only be doing someting for like 10mins. I enjoy watching football but it just doesn't compare bro...

Are f ing kidding me you retard you have absoluteky no idea what you are talking about!!! There is no comaprison first of the sports are completely different!! And yes some of Ray Lewis's tackles are like how you describe but ever hear of peripheral vision they can them jackass and also he has many head on head collisions and they do prepare and they do deliver a blow on him two you seriously have no idea what you are talking about!!! YOU BELONG IN BOCESS IF YOU BELIEVE HIS HITS ARE FROM THE BACK!!! The majority are head on or at the leats from the side!!! And you are calling me ignorant!!! But I have a question for you Mr. Genious??? In rugby since it is one on one what are the rest of the people doing when they dont have the ball if it is truly one on one they do nothing!! WHat do they do??? and is there anyone covering the individual people?? But in football have you heard of something called man coverage or maybe w/ those big fat unathletic (im sure u think) lineman when they are blocking one person by them selves???Those guys are one on one I am sure in rugby there is never anyone helping another!!! You are a f*cking idiot!!!

Like I said, show me a WIDE RECEIVER that can do that....I've seen the odd running back have a powerful run.

and back to the toughness factor. . .WHAT MAKES ONE SPORT TOUGHER then another. .injuries?? i dont think so, golf has a ton of injuries, so is it tough? i dont know, maybe rugby would be tough for me and football would DEF be tough for you b/c your retarted and play rugby and not football b/c u have no work ethic or disaplin. .so RUGBY13, explain exactly how rugby, football or ne other sport is tougher then anothe

And how many NFL players refuse to play Rugby bc it is a p*ssy sport!!! I'm sorry a handful does not mean anything if you put nfl players such as runnung backs or linebackers in Rugby I gaurantee they **** your superstar up!!!

Fine even though they dont convert at all ever hear of David Boston!!! He's not as big as that guy but he's had powerful runs but its ok you want to compare a power run to someone who's postion is meant for speed you are retarded!! If it is a powerful position then it would equate to running backs or tight ends and dont even try to argue whether or not they can pull off that kind of run!!! How do you compare positions that are completely different answer me that recievers are meant for speed only few are meant for power and there are some who have it but you are an idiot to compare!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rugby13
    Like I said, show me a WIDE RECEIVER that can do that....I've seen the odd running back have a powerful run.
    wow. . ok, a running back never blindsides someone when he is running, it almost always head on. . so go watch some clips of IronHead Heyward, The Bus, walter payton, or emmitt truck somebody 75lbs heavier HEAD ON. . sh!t for brains

You have to be the most ignorant person ever!!

Are f ing kidding me you retard you have absoluteky no idea what you are talking about!!! There is no comaprison first of the sports are completely different!! And yes some of Ray Lewis's tackles are like how you describe but ever hear of peripheral vision they can them jackass and also he has many head on head collisions and they do prepare and they do deliver a blow on him two you seriously have no idea what you are talking about!!! YOU BELONG IN BOCESS IF YOU BELIEVE HIS HITS ARE FROM THE BACK!!! The majority are head on or at the leats from the side!!! And you are calling me ignorant!!! But I have a question for you Mr. Genious??? In rugby since it is one on one what are the rest of the people doing when they dont have the ball if it is truly one on one they do nothing!! WHat do they do??? and is there anyone covering the individual people?? But in football have you heard of something called man coverage or maybe w/ those big fat unathletic (im sure u think) lineman when they are blocking one person by them selves???Those guys are one on one I am sure in rugby there is never anyone helping another!!! You are a f*cking idiot!!!
    Ok...I said SOME of his tackles bonehead... as for rugby. each man has his guy who he has to cover. What I meant is that the team that has the ball doesn't have guys blocking for their runner. they are there in support so that if/when he gets tackled he can lateral the ball to the next guy and the game keeps flowing for 80mins. More than one guy can tackle the guy with the ball. I can try explain myself but it's not worth it cause you've never seen a professional rugby game so you don't have any idea about what I'm talking about. I at least have seen and know about football so you must be the f*cking idiot for trying to argue about something you've never seen before. And bro before you pi!s your panties, I never said football doesn't have hard hits and it's not a tough sport, ultimately the debate is about which who's hits are tougher on the body and since you've never seen a real rugby game you can't comment on this anyway so go educate yourself and then come back with some constructive comments instead of just calling people f*cking idiots...later

Sorry to break up messages but I just read a different post and do you honestly say to me that size is the factor that means all. Ever hear of heart oh but wait thats a kind of toughness one that evidently is lacking in rugby players if it is automatic that someone w/ only 20lbs on a person will automatically get run over bc he is smaller. There is a lot more that go togther but if you were an actual athlete you would know that I bet you are nothing but a tiny little syncranized swimmer!! Because it's only small pathetic people that believe in such BS!!

and back to the toughness factor. . .WHAT MAKES ONE SPORT TOUGHER then another. .injuries?? i dont think so, golf has a ton of injuries, so is it tough? i dont know, maybe rugby would be tough for me and football would DEF be tough for you b/c your retarted and play rugby and not football b/c u have no work ethic or disaplin. .so RUGBY13, explain exactly how rugby, football or ne other sport is tougher then another

c'mon. . respond B!tch ass!

Well there you go assuming again!! I never said I have never seen rugby i just said i dont follow it!!! And yes I know the basics but you missed the entire point each guy on the rugby team has their own responsibilies and it usually works out to be man unless they help tackle but how is that diff from football. Yes there are zone concepts but when it comes down to it it is one on one!!! And who are u calling uneducated you say most football hits are from behind!!! Trust me I know more about rugby then you know fball if you think thats the case!!

Sorry to break up messages but I just read a different post and do you honestly say to me that size is the factor that means all. Ever hear of heart oh but wait thats a kind of toughness one that evidently is lacking in rugby players if it is automatic that someone w/ only 20lbs on a person will automatically get run over bc he is smaller. There is a lot more that go togther but if you were an actual athlete you would know that I bet you are nothing but a tiny little syncranized swimmer!! Because it's only small pathetic people that believe in such BS!!
    You told me that guy was skinny so I merely pointed out to you that he was bigger than david boston, I didn't once say size determined anything. If anything, when talking to you football guys the first thing you talk about is size. Get your sh!t straight man

But I forget every rugby hit is head to head SOME of the hits they cant be from the side or even from behing Heaven forbid!!! I cant believe I forgot that!!

Well there you go assuming again!! I never said I have never seen rugby i just said i dont follow it!!! And yes I know the basics but you missed the entire point each guy on the rugby team has their own responsibilies and it usually works out to be man unless they help tackle but how is that diff from football. Yes there are zone concepts but when it comes down to it it is one on one!!! And who are u calling uneducated you say most football hits are from behind!!! Trust me I know more about rugby then you know fball if you think thats the case!!
    Ok is saying that a lot if not most hits are unexpectantly. Like for example when the QB is getting ready to throw and he gets hit from the back. Is that a better way of putting it. And the reason I said you've never watched a professional rugby game is due to your comment about not know what the other guys on the teams's responsibility is and that's a basic part of the game so no you don't know the basics.

But I forget every rugby hit is head to head SOME of the hits they cant be from the side or even from behing Heaven forbid!!! I cant believe I forgot that!!
    The difference is, always know when they are about to get hit, whether it's from teh back or the side, which makes it more interesting as he has a chance to then sidestep and defend himself as well.

Don't listen to what your women say s size does matter!! lol

But you are the one comparin to Boston I never once did I went w/ your comparison for the 10,0000 th time there purposes are completely different!! THAT POSITION IS NOT A POWER POSITION!!! And the only size I mentioned was w/ over 300lbs bc there was a comment earlier in the post of how little contact they have thats the only real mention of size i brought up and anything over 300 lbs that runs under 5 40 will hurt that was all i was sayin but you are the one who went on and on over the size all i did was prove you wrong and inform you the diff of positions that you still have not listened to

Are you talking about a rugby player or a football player??

the "unexpected" is BS you say you have watched a fball game but how many times is there a blindside hit or how many times does a hit come from behind but the QB somehow tucks in the ball before he gets hit that must mean he doesnt know its comin and even so that is a small number of hits the majority are head on but the same w/ rugby I guess there is never a blindside hit at all but of course not!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    and back to the toughness factor. . .WHAT MAKES ONE SPORT TOUGHER then another. .injuries?? i dont think so, golf has a ton of injuries, so is it tough? i dont know, maybe rugby would be tough for me and football would DEF be tough for you b/c your retarted and play rugby and not football b/c u have no work ethic or disaplin. .so RUGBY13, explain exactly how rugby, football or ne other sport is tougher then anothe
    Bro by you judging the work ethic and discipline of a sport that is played in numerous countries by what goes on in the U.S.A where the sport isn't even professional, that just plain rediculous. I play rugby because I grew up with it just like you grew up with football. Don't question my work ethic bro. If I grew up in america I'm sure I would've played football and felt the same way you do and likewise for you if you grew up in a place where rugby is the passion of the nation. Don't forget that to be a professional rugby player in South Africa, Australia, England, or where ever you need to be just as disciplined and committed as you do if you want to succeed in football.

If I was in Asia I woulb be a sumo but I would only play Rugby from a lack of options since fball is American it is not throughout the world!!!

Bro by you judging the work ethic and discipline of a sport that is played in numerous countries by what goes on in the U.S.A where the sport isn't even professional, that just plain rediculous. I play rugby because I grew up with it just like you grew up with football. Don't question my work ethic bro. If I grew up in america I'm sure I would've played football and felt the same way you do and likewise for you if you grew up in a place where rugby is the passion of the nation. Don't forget that to be a professional rugby player in South Africa, Australia, England, or where ever you need to be just as disciplined and committed as you do if you want to succeed in football.
    ok fine w/e that all good and great. . now get to the meat of the post. .what makes a sport tougher then another. .u started this thread so back it up!! so here is a dancing banana!!!

Don't listen to what your women say s size does matter!! lol

But you are the one comparin to Boston I never once did I went w/ your comparison for the 10,0000 th time there purposes are completely different!! THAT POSITION IS NOT A POWER POSITION!!! And the only size I mentioned was w/ over 300lbs bc there was a comment earlier in the post of how little contact they have thats the only real mention of size i brought up and anything over 300 lbs that runs under 5 40 will hurt that was all i was sayin but you are the one who went on and on over the size all i did was prove you wrong and inform you the diff of positions that you still have not listened to
    I know the positions have different respnsibilities, all I said is that his position he plays is equivalent to a wide receiver. The position is known as a wing and he is primarily there for his speed, the fact that he can truck people is a bonus so he's just as fast as most wide receivers bro. That's why he plays in that position...for his speed.

But what about a dancin sumo elephant???

The position you are describing sounds more like a tight end to me.... but whats this guys 40 time if he's so fast??? I wanna know if he is???

I know the positions have different respnsibilities, all I said is that his position he plays is equivalent to a wide receiver. The position is known as a wing and he is primarily there for his speed, the fact that he can truck people is a bonus so he's just as fast as most wide receivers bro. That's why he plays in that position...for his speed.
    emmhmmm, he looked like a to me. . .deion, rocket, randy moss, TO. .all would smoke him

Thread Information