TheGame826 is offline Member

Scott Steiner Signed

on wwe.com they announced that big pappa pump has signed with the WWE. hell yeah

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It's WWE now? The only thing I remember is good old WWF in the great days of Wrestle Mania and thinking the shit was real... or at least hoping it was.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Scott is gonna tear some shit up

kreper69 is offline Associate Member
    Oh Yeh!!!

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    There trying to get the ratings up. The ratings are so low right now that there thinking of taking the shows off air, or showing Raw once a month.

I JUST HOPE THEY USE HIM RIGHT......

........its gonna take more than just stiener to bring back up ratings...i also heard a vague rumor that austin is talking to goldberg about.......so we'll see what happens in the new yr.......

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    Lets get Steiner, Lesnar, and HHH in a cage match

Sir Victorian guy, V.C. is offline Knight of the Garter and Member of the Victorian Order

My .02 on pro-wrestling

One reason for the poor ratings...last time I watched 'Sunday Night Heat' I was shocked at the number of under 200 pound, out of shape, trailer park boys they had wrestling. Who wants to see D-lo brown? Or the dudleys? Or an over the hill, out of shape, 40 something undertaker, trying to reinvent himself as biker trash?

The great days of the WWF were the days of Rick Rude, Superfly Jimmy Snuka, Mr Perfect, Macho Man Randy Savage, Dino Bravo(I always liked the way he laughed at his victims), Paul Orndorff, Bret Hart, The Barbarian(guy could bench 600 pounds and looked like he oozed of roid rage ) and my favourite, The Honky Tonk Man(that was funny shit).

The WCW's great days included Rick Rude, Big Van Vader, Abdullah the Butcher, Cactus Jack, Orndorff, Davey Boy Smith(I liked him better in the WCW), Lord Stephen Reagal, etc. Most of those guys were heavy juicers, or at least looked like it, and had wrestling skills to boot. I don't want to see guys like X-Pac and other scrawny folk in the ring...who gives a shit if they can do triple back flips, pro wrestling is all about violence, machismo, and sadistic humour.

They need to sign Goldberg, Big Poppa Pump, and make being a genetic freak, along with wrestling and acting skills, a requirement. Fuck, if they tried they could easily fill the ranks with guys like that. Guys like Chris Benoit.
    My dream job is to be a WWE script writer, and have good plot lines, feuds, ultra-violence, and back to the days of faces and heels, where the 'bad guys' were really nasty.
    Last edited by Sir Victorian guy, V.C.; 11-12-2002 at 07:09 PM.

tt333 is offline Senior Member

Re: My .02 on pro-wrestling

Originally posted by Sir Victorian guy, V.C.
    One reason for the poor ratings...last time I watched 'Sunday Night Heat' I was shocked at the number of under 200 pound, out of shape, trailer park boys they had wrestling. Who wants to see D-lo brown? Or the dudleys? Or an over the hill, out of shape, 40 something undertaker, trying to reinvent himself as biker trash?

The great days of the WWF were the days of Rick Rude, Superfly Jimmy Snuka, Mr Perfect, Macho Man Randy Savage, Dino Bravo(I always liked the way he laughed at his victims), Paul Orndorff, Bret Hart, The Barbarian(guy could bench 600 pounds and looked like he oozed of roid rage ) and my favourite, The Honky Tonk Man(that was funny shit).

The WCW's great days included Rick Rude, Big Van Vader, Abdullah the Butcher, Cactus Jack, Orndorff, Davey Boy Smith(I liked him better in the WCW), Lord Stephen Reagal, etc. Most of those guys were heavy juicers, or at least looked like it, and had wrestling skills to boot. I don't want to see guys like X-Pac and other scrawny folk in the ring...who gives a shit if they can do triple back flips, pro wrestling is all about violence, machismo, and sadistic humour.

They need to sign Goldberg, Big Poppa Pump, and make being a genetic freak, along with wrestling and acting skills, a requirement. Fuck, if they tried they could easily fill the ranks with guys like that. Guys like Chris Benoit.
    My dream job is to be a WWE script writer, and have good plot lines, feuds, ultra-violence, and back to the days of faces and heels, where the 'bad guys' were really nasty.
    You would invent nobby and he would come to the ring with the bike chain and Melvin as his manager.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    this is no bullshit. I read the other day the the WWE had to change their name because of the WWF (World Wildlife Fund) sued them. Isn't that some shit.

TonyTestosterone is offline New Member
    The main problem wit hWWE is the company's refusal to elevate new stars to main event status. This is more so on RAW than Smackdown. The main reason for this is HHH is insecure about losing his top spot, so he will politic and manipulate Vince into seeing things his way.....for example HHH is afraid RVD will take his spot, so he will say to Vince RVD is too short and doesn't have the personality to be a main eventer....and Vince buys it because HHH is banging his daughter and Vince wants to keep his little princess happy......Think about it HHH hasn't lost a meaningful match in how long? He dropped the belt to his buddy SHawn Michaels so he can say he is cooperative, but the reality is Shawn is past his prime and too banged up to wrestle full-time, so he's no threat to H.....God forbid he drop a match to RVD or Brock Lesnar and create a new star to challenge him for the company's top spot.....it is the same politicking that Hogna and Nash to a lesser extent did that helped run WCW into the ground.....The wrestling business runs in cycles, and every boom has been with the creation of new stars, not with recycling 40 yr old has-beens or "shock TV" or any other nonsense like that.....WWE is in no danger of going under financially anytime soon.....the major problem they face is when their contracts expire with TNN and UPN....which are sometime in 2003 and 2005(forget which is which).....losing a national outlet for their programming is the one thing putting the company in danger right now....and if ratings don't improve, that will happen sooner than later.....see, wrestling runs in cycles, business has a lot of ups and downs , but mainstream media and casual fans don't realize this because they haven't followed it for very long, so they think it had it's 15 minutes of fame and thats it.....not true.....if Vince would make RAW something other than the HHH show and stop confusing cheers in an arena with strong business and also with some competition, WWE will once again be going strong.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    Scott is HUGE big ass arms

Thread Information