Thread: fucking bucs

hardgainer21 is offline Junior Member

fucking bucs

it happens every year. the buccs look like they are going to be a strong team, but the curse of the bay doesnt let them. offense looks like its out of a highschool playbook. gruden should spend less time doing commercials and bring some leadership into this ball club. well, atleast we got a d.

RATM is offline Senior Member
    i feel your pain. truly sucks ass,

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member
    CHOKE!!!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I've been living with the pain since 1978 when I became a Bucs fan. That display on Sunday was pathetic! I have yet to see hard eveidnce of this west coast offnece that Gruden has brought to the team. I thought for sure with the additions of McCardell and Jervicious that they would be ablt to step up their passing game. Can't blame the QB's (even though Brad Johnson has yet to prove himself, and I hate Rob Johnson...arrogant big mouth) they just can't seem to get it together. Well, they're still 5-2.

Originally posted by Diesel
    Could be worse bro, you could be a Jets fan like me.
    D
    Or a Vikings fan, like my wife

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Hey hardgainer....you could always look at the bright side.....those swashbucklers are quite a site....

I know SOME people would definately agree with me..

well, ill agree that theres many bright sides to you babyweight....wowzas. but as for the bucs, it boogles my mind that someone with a history of offensive coaching (GRUDEN) didnt see in the offseason that our offensive line cant block. without that we cant open up any lanes for allstot or pittman, or protect our elderly vetran qb so he can pass. plus he refuses to use the shotgun, the only thing that could help the situation. being a bucs fan takes years off your life. im surprized pete is with us today if hes been a fan since '78. thats back when our uniforms were gay AND we played bad.

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Hey Pete.....He has a point here....How ya doin anyways?

Originally posted by Babyweight
    Hey Pete.....He has a point here....How ya doin anyways?
    Yes, Gannon would be the cannon that we need for sure!! Then they can unload one of the two Johnson QB's (Keeshawn stays!!!) and get their offence at least close to their defence!! I'm doing great BW and in the immortal words of Joey Tribiani...how YOU doin?

Ocnorb36 is offline Junior Member
    I am certainly not a Tampa Bay fan but I will throw in my .02. Philly is the class of the NFC and Tampa must overcome playoff blunders to get past that team. Sunday was just a reminder that they must beat Philly to get to the big dance. If you thought Gruden was going to bring some offensive magic to Tampa then you have not watched the team. The line needs work. Keyshawn is not an upper tier player. Now Brad Johnson is out so Rob Johnson will be back on the field. McCardell is hurt as well so the passing game is..........well it sucks. Tampa has too many holes this year but Gruden will build them into an offensive producer. The next two years Tampa will be the team to beat. This year it goes to Philly.

Oc

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    I am a huge Bucs fan as well...I think they have aton of potential...however, they have to get rid of that punk as bitch Rob Johnson...I do agree qith some here that they need a different QB...not Gannon...he is too old...but it is not all the QB's fault he needs a line to hold back the D for he has time to throw.

In the coming years the Bucs will be the team to beat. And yes, at least we are 5-2...could be a lot worse.

nuke is offline Member
    Originally posted by Pete235
    I've been living with the pain since 1978 when I became a Bucs fan. That display on Sunday was pathetic! I have yet to see hard eveidnce of this west coast offnece that Gruden has brought to the team. I thought for sure with the additions of McCardell and Jervicious that they would be ablt to step up their passing game. Can't blame the QB's (even though Brad Johnson has yet to prove himself, and I hate Rob Johnson...arrogant big mouth) they just can't seem to get it together. Well, they're still 5-2.
    I go to every game and yup !! its a sad situation right now...Brooks has scored more points defensively than the whole Bucs offense. Its killing me.

Alstott needs to get the ball more and bull his way through and Keysahwn needs to get his shit together..

( MAD AS HELL IN TAMPA !)

FaTbAcK is offline Banned
    Sports fans never cease to make me sick...5-2 is a very, VERY good record compared to the rest of the league...JESUS it could be worse, alot worse, imagine if you were a Bengals fan.........Quit whining and back Gruden and the boys to the playoffs damn it, and quit crying about how they win and cheer for the fact that they are winning!!!!

If you cant complain about your home team, whats the point of following sports?? In the end, we will allways be bucs fans, we might deny it, but secretly we will always be following how there doing. Its just hard being so close to being the best. Other teams may be worse, but they have had there time in the spotlight, weve never had a championship team in the bay. The time is now, the pieces are in place.
    I would be happier at 1-6 if we had beat the eagles. It would have made a statement, and in the emotionally charged game of football, it would have signaled that the bucs have changed....theyve come to win.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Hey i'm a lions fan, we will lose alot, don't have much talent, and don't have much of a record.

But tampa hurts me more to watch, one of my fav teams cuz of alstott. Obviously they have some holes, but it just hurts to see all this talent and watch them blunder year after year. Especially those hard core guys like Sapp who put out so much.
    U always expect a team like tampa to win, and when they don't u're surprised. In detroit, u always expect the lions to lose, and when they win u're surprised.

U guys see that warren sapp hit on chad clifton, GB offensive lineman, when tampa interecepted it. Sapp laid him out. The guy wasn't looking but its still legal. Look for it in the high lights, it was a lil cheap but i'd be pissed if sapp gets fined. Sherman( GB coach) got in Sapps face afterwards, i wouldn't even do what Sherman did, he's got some balls to go up to sapp like that, if anyone should get fined i think it should be sherman.
    Last edited by saboudian; 11-24-2002 at 10:53 PM.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    is there any place i can see a video of that hit? I missed the last few seconds of the game

Just watch sportscenter today, i've already seen that hit 4x yesterday and about 3x today.

they have the video on espn.com, that being said it, i think it was a cheap shot and thankfully it looks like the guy is going to be ok. ive been a sapp fan for years, but he made himself look like a complete jackass, on national tv no less, when shermann approached him. the worst part about it though is that it took some of the luster away from a great victory.
    now the offensive line coach for the pakers is threating sapp sayin that whenever the bucs and pack meet again, sapp is fair game to cut blocks and rolls. as you can see, its getting ugly.

hey fatback, you still backing the giants after that loss in houstin?? lol

nuke is offline Member
    Bullshit.. Sapp is a dick, but he did nothng wrong. That hit was legal and if tagliabo doesnt have a problem why should we...
    AND Sherman should shut his hole. And put a jersey on like Sapp said !!

GO BUCS !!

Deadend is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by nuke
    Bullshit.. Sapp is a dick, but he did nothng wrong. That hit was legal and if tagliabo doesnt have a problem why should we...
    AND Sherman should shut his hole. And put a jersey on like Sapp said !!

GO BUCS !!
    Sapp's a bitch for doing what he did, and he's any idiot for cussing out Sherman and throwing a tantrum like a five year old the way he did after the game. Do you guys have any idea how many youngsters watch this man play football and imitate his every move, every dance, every word that comes out of his mouth.

It doesn't matter that the hit was legal. If you hit a parked car, that's facing the wrong way on a street, you are not legally responsible for it. But does that mean that we all go out and just blatantly(sp) smash into parked cars? Alot of people want blood for what Sapp did and I hope they get it, I hope they get him good.

BABYWEIGHT - I thought your last avatar was good, but WOW!

guys now that i think of it, i can remember quite a few hits that were just as unfair, i think that the only reason that this is so big is because sherman made it big.

i remember when the ravens were playing (can't remember who) and it was just about halftime and the other team decided to try a long field goal, well it fell short and a raven caught it in the end zone, he hesitated for about 5 seconds then took off and it ended in like a 108-109 yd TD, but if u look at it again, u will see ray lewis make the same type of hit that warren sapp did. But i don't remember anyone like deadend saying that lewis was a bitch.

To deadend- i don't think u saw what sapp did after the game, sapp went to shake sherman's hand and sherman cussed him out first, thats not a coaches job, leave it to the players to handle it, and u never know if there were any cheap hits that clifton was putting on sapp during the game. If i went to shake someone's hand but they cussed me out and walked away instead, i think u'd be a lil upset.

I'm kinda surprised that ppl are going against sapp. i mean haven't u guys ever played rugby or "smear the queer" in the backyard with your friends, hell me and my friends leveled each other tons of times, but we didn't cuss it out, we knew that it could happen if we played the game, even if it was unfair. We're not talking about wimpy sports like baseball here, this is football.

Deadend is offline Associate Member
    Saboudian,
    I don't want to start a football war, but we obviously saw two different things happen. Let me say that I could be wrong, but this is what i perceived after the game.

Sapp was walking towards Sherman, I thought Sherman made whatever remark he made well before Sapp got anywhere near him and I never saw Sapp extending a hand. For all I know Sapp could have been walking to the locker room and happended to cross Sherman's path without ever having intentions to shake his hand. Sherman spoke first but I didn't hear him utter a cuss word. I thought he said something along the lines of "your wrong for that", or "that was wrong". Sherman also showed absolutely no signs of physical aggression or violence. Sapp immediately went into a rampage and had to be restrained. All you could hear while he was talking the censors beeping.
    Sapp has always loved to talk shit, and it's great, it brings alot of intensity to a football game. But this time it just made him look downright immature. If Sapp thought that his hit was 100% legit, why would he go apeshit when Sherman told him it was wrong.

I acknowledge your point of view, I just disagree with it. The fact that you claim baseball to be a "wimpy sport" pretty much cripples your argument. Is Cal Ripken Jr. a wimp? Is it wimpy when Randy Johnson throws his slider that just barely crosses the outside of the plate for a strike? Is it wimpy when Barry Bonds turns on one and sends 500 ft out? Is it wimpy that these guys please 3-4 games a week for like six months out of the year?

Sapp did extend his hand ( sapp mentioned it in his lockerroom interview), and i think sherman said something more then "your wrong for that", i don't think sapp would blow up just because of that, i think sherman said something pretty deep to upset sapp that much. C'mon u know sapp wouldn't just blow up like that if it was something that small.

I'm still surprised u haven't mentioned anyone else besides sapp, there's tons of cheap hits every game yet u haven't mentioned one other , its just part of the game. I think thats one reason why clifton hasn't said anything, every player knows the risk of stepping onto that field.

I don't think there's anything wrong with saying baseball is a wimpy sport. You wanna know why? Because it is a wimpy sport. Go play a game like rugby or football, then play a game of baseball. Why don't u go read that rugby vs football thread, there's some good stories in there, baseball doesn't even compare.

Ocnorb36 is offline Junior Member
    Saboudian:

A couple of comments because I have seen you reference football before but you talk from the heart and do not really display the type of knowledge a true football fanatic has. Nothing wrong with that but if you make reference to games or plays it would help to have a little more information.

Let's discuss the obvious difference between the Sapp hit and the Ray Lewis hit (it was a Monday night game against the Denver Broncos). The Ray Lewis hit made the play. Had he not taken out Keith Burns I can guarentee you that McAlister would not have returned it 108 yards. That hit was necessary and legal and that is why there was no discussion about it. Sapp's hit was not a play maker, was unnecessary, but was legal and did not draw a fine. Keith Burns got right up and is currently active. Chad Clifton (the offensive lineman that was hit) is out for the season.

Point two. For you to say that a coach, the leader of the team, the decision maker, and for most quality teams the glue that holds the chemistry together not to comment on what was a cheap shot is ludicrous. Sapp's hit was not the problem. It was his celebration afterwards that irked Sherman. For Sherman not to react and just "shake his hand" with his player lying in a hospital would have caused dissension in the locker room. Sapp commenting for Sherman to "put on a jersey" was the real clincher. Sapp is an outstanding player with some character flaws (remember the Strahan incident from last year?).

As far as the thread itself I would now put the Bucs in the drivers seat with McNabb down. Atlanta will be an interesting test for them this weekend as Donavan usually drove them nuts (and Vick is a quicker version).

Lastly, baseball is not a wimpy sport bro, it's just not considered to be on the same level of physical contact as football, rugby, etc.... Baseball has some great athletes that also played football (I am sure you know the names) who would take offense that they were "wimpy". Anyone who plays sports instead of typing on the computer all day are not wimps.

Oc

alright u got me ocnorb, i haven't seen that mcalister run in a while, but i didn't think i remembered burns being that close to the play, but i probably was wrong since i'm sure u have every single broncos game ever on tape The only point i was trying to make here is that this type of cheap shot stuff goes on every single game, whether its the sapp hit or an offensive lineman chop blocking a Defensive linemans' knees, but because its sapp and because of what sherman said, this has gotten way bigger then it should be.

As far as what sherman did, i don't mind that he doesn't shake his hand, it kinda upsets me that he blew up but i can understand why, i still don't think he should have. I have played a ton of sports and i used to be a pretty dirty player too, me and whoever i was playing against, we'd swing elbows, knock each other up and the whole bit and pat each other on the back at the end of the game. I know when a guy goes to the hospital things change a little bit, but i think the concept remains the same. Thats why i still don't think clifton has said anything(unless he has, at least i don't think i've heard anything from him) Coaches got to be professional and control their emotions especially when it comes to anger at the other team ( its ok of course to be mad at your own player and of course the refs ) I think there are a ton of different ways that sherman could have gotten the message through to sapp other then doing what he did.

I don't think sapp celebrating is a big deal, there's no way sapp would have know that clifton wouldn't just get up like burns. I don't think anyone would celebrate knowing that they may have just crippled someone. This celebration was no worse then some of those TD dances.

As far as baseball goes, i think there's more then just the physical level, overall it definitely makes baseball look wimpy. Oc i really can't beleive u're arguing that baseball is just as tough as football. Hell i played baseball for like 6 or 7 years, i remember that u could go a couple innings without ever seeing a ball coming your way or even getting up to bat, what is that like 10-15 minutes of doing absolutely nothing, thats bothered me most as a player and thats why i'll never play it again.

Oc i hope u're not implying that i'm one of those computer geeks ( at least i'm pretty sure u aren't), i'm more of a chemistry geek But seriously, i played at least one sport every season for about 13-14 years year round, for a long time i would play 2-3 sports on different teams. Nothing unusual, i'm sure there are a lot of ppl on AR that loved sports as kids and were fairly good just like me.

god damn i just saw la come back to beat the mav's, unbeleivable, not the lakers but those damn laker cheerleaders, i mean look at them, holy shit.

That vick is definitely something, he turned around a team that would've been nothing and probably at the bottom of the division, i think he's really given some motivation to the defense, as atlanta's defense seem to be playing relatively well.

I almost forgot, i'm assuming that when u mention strahan, u're referring to when he set the sack record. I don't like how strahan got the record breaker but i can't beleive that favre would just "let" strahan sack him. Of course just like sherman, i understand why sapp would be mad, but i don't agree with it.

Thread Information