JAYROD is offline Senior Member

espn = a bunch of morons

i'm so tired of hearing so many of these espn commentators and idiots on some of the shows debating who deserves to play in the big12 championship game from the south division. the most common reasoning for texas is the head to head game against oklahoma. how? there is a 3 way tie between oklahoma, texas tech and texas. it's not possible to go head to head in a three way tie. if texas should go instead of oklahoma because they beat sooners then texas tech should go because they beat the longhorns but then oklahoma should go because they beat the red raiders. are they so stupid they can't figure this out for themselves? the fact is oklahoma played a much tougher schedule than either texas or texas tech and these "experts" refuse to bring that up. oklahoma beat 4 teams in the top 15 in the current bcs poll and texas and texas tech have beaten 2. as impressive as that is the closest game of the 4 was 20 points on the road. that's case closed right there but if they need more oklahoma leads the entire country in scoring and they have scored 60+ points in their last 4 games. the ou texas game was a great game with the sooners leading almost the entire game with their #1 weapon on offense nowhere near 100% along with 3 key players out of the game injured not to mention with ou leading with 7 minutes left in the game lamont robinson picks off a pass in the endzone and they miss the call and don't review it and texas kicks the fieldgoal to take the lead instead of oklahoma getting the ball on the 20 with the lead and the momentum. the 2 personal fouls against oklahoma that kept 2 touchdown drives going were completely absurd and the 2nd one where an ou linebacker is holding sissy colt mccoy up as he flops on the ground right as he hits the white out of bounds chalk was the biggest p*ssy play i've ever seen a player do in a big game. so with the 17 points spotted to them by the officials the longhorns did win the game but if they played right now the sooners would win by 3 touchdowns and that would be if they just had an average game. texas fans and coaches are the most classless in college football and i love that they will be watching oklahoma in the big12 championship saturday night and they didn't whine their way into it like they did 4 years ago whining their way into the rose bowl ahead of a more deserving california team. hook 'em shorthorns! chumps!

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    The BCS is fvcked anyway. We need a playoff system. I do know the commentators hate on everything that is Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    The BCS is fvcked anyway. We need a playoff system. I do know the commentators hate on everything that is Boston.
    i don't know how they combine computers with human polls. it's funny the computers have no emotions or bias one way or the other and they heavily have oklahoma ahead of texas but on the human side the sooners actually fall behind texas in the ap poll after beating the 11th ranked team on the road where texas beats an awefull 4 win team at home. explain that ap voters. it's funny how politics and money are involved in everything we deal with in life. i do like fox sports because most of those guys just let ya know whats going on and don't have an agenda like 9 outa 10 espn guys.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    It doesnt matter OU will show up and embarrass themselves in yet another BCS bowl game.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    i don't really see the problem, yes its a 3 way tie, but texas tech isn't even close in the bcs which is the deciding factor. the analysts argue that the bcs should have texas ahead, its not their fault, its just their point of view, i don't see how you can say its wrong when its a point of view. everyone is entitled to their own

what about this one: florida loses (alabama is #1) and oklahoma loses, but USC wins big.
    now you have florida and oklahoma out of the top 5 with either texas or usc to go to the national title. i've always said watch out for USC, i think they get bonus BCS points just for being usc lol

Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    i don't really see the problem, yes its a 3 way tie, but texas tech isn't even close in the bcs which is the deciding factor. the analysts argue that the bcs should have texas ahead, its not their fault, its just their point of view, i don't see how you can say its wrong when its a point of view. everyone is entitled to their own

what about this one: florida loses (alabama is #1) and oklahoma loses, but USC wins big.
    now you have florida and oklahoma out of the top 5 with either texas or usc to go to the national title. i've always said watch out for USC, i think they get bonus BCS points just for being usc lol
    good point. why is texas tech farther back in the polls? i'll tell you why because oklahoma beat them by 44 points when they were ranked second in the country. so your making oklahoma's case that much stronger by saying they are out of the running because they got completely destroyed by ou. you cannot ignore that there is a 3 way tie and you can't dissmiss one of the teams because they lost a game because all 3 lost a game. my problem is these guys are getting paid good money and they are not smart enough to know there is no such thing as head to head when there are 3 teams involved. pretty simple 1+1=2 and 1+1+1=3. it's not the team they are pulling for that's a problem for me it's them it's the incorrect way they go about it. the bottom line is the best team of the 3 will be playing saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    It doesnt matter OU will show up and embarrass themselves in yet another BCS bowl game.
    like in the orange bowl when they SHUT OUT "the best offense of all time" said by many leading up to oklahoma vs. florida state BCS national title game. there isn't a team that hasn't been embarrassed in a football game and there are ton of teams that would love to go to a BCS game and get embarrassed but they aren't good enough. there are however very few teams that have a BCS championship crystal ball and oklahoma would be one of the chosen few.

i can't tell what point you're trying to make.

i'm still not counting out USC. like i said, they get extra points in the BCS just for being the only USC

i can't tell what point you're trying to make.

i'm still not counting out USC. like i said, they get extra points in the BCS just for being the only USC
    my point about texas tech being further back in the polls is because the sooners destroyed them. when ou and tech played texas tech was ranked #2, texas #3 and ou 5th. after the 44 point buttwhoopin tech fell to 7th, texas 2nd and oklahoma 3rd. the argument for texas is they want to discount tech from the running because they are 7th in the bcs (they also discount they lost to texas tech) so my point is why the hell would you try to punish oklahoma for beating tech so badly. if ou beat tech by a field goal tech would have fell no farther than 4th and in all likelyhood the three teams would be 2nd, 3rd and 4th and texas could not say tech is so far back that they don't count in the running. is it difficult for pro texas people to comprehend this or are they just not smart enough to figure this out on their own? the one good thing about the bcs is the computers because they have no bias or agendas and their job was to sort out the best team. all 6 computers had 1 team ranked above the other 2, that team would be oklahoma.

i like southern cal also as one of the best teams in the country and i've seen them play several times this season. i would love to see a playoff between oklahoma, florida, texas, southern cal, bama, texas tech, penn state and utah because if there was an 8 team playoff i think these should be the 8.

well everyone wishes there was a playoff.. i doubt that'll happen any time.

otherwise i'd be rootin for my boys with me at psu. i know the bcs is unbiased, but i don't think they take everything into account like people do. but without a playoff i don't see how they'll ever come to an agreement

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with J-Rod. Excellent point. Oklahoma is playing some rediculous football right now and its tough to make an argument against them. These things do have a funny way of working out though and who is to say that oklahoma will not lose? It doesn't seem likely at this point but that is why we all watch. In the past few weeks it definately seems as if the sooners and gators are playing on another level with Usc, Texas, and Bama rounding out the top 5. The unfortunate thing for Texas and Oklahoma is that they play in such a tough league that they are more likely to pick up losses due to stiffer competition than the USC's and Utah's. Either way I look forward to seeing what happens this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    I agree with J-Rod. Excellent point. Oklahoma is playing some rediculous football right now and its tough to make an argument against them. These things do have a funny way of working out though and who is to say that oklahoma will not lose? It doesn't seem likely at this point but that is why we all watch. In the past few weeks it definately seems as if the sooners and gators are playing on another level with Usc, Texas, and Bama rounding out the top 5. The unfortunate thing for Texas and Oklahoma is that they play in such a tough league that they are more likely to pick up losses due to stiffer competition than the USC's and Utah's. Either way I look forward to seeing what happens this weekend.
    good point. most seem to think oklahoma will roll mizzou including me but the tigers are a good football team and they will be fired up and looking for revenge after loosing twice to ou last season. i don't think there is any question the big12 is the toughest league this season but the sec is stong and the pac10 seems to be underrated if you ask me. imo it's not an easy task to win any conference championship and any conference champion is a pretty darn good football team. i'm looking foward to the championship games saturday and finding out who's going where in the bowls.

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    i think that Gators and Sooners will be a good game, I'm a huge Gator fan but i think that they are an even match. and if they both make it to the title game i think it will be one of the best games in a long while.. besides USC vs Texas a few years ago, there has not been many evenly matched teams

but i would give the edge to Florida.. both have Offense, but the edge (in my mind) would go to florida's defense. and their offense on playing agianst proven defense's

and before anybody yells ole miss, i'll admit, we F-ed up. but all greats fall, its how they fight back that makes them champs.. and the polls are suppost to be based apon rating that week.but only answer for that is top 6 team playoff with maybe 1 and 2 getting bye weeks

i don't think the loss by florida was all that bad. mississippi is a good football team but it was at the swamp and that didn't go over well. the bcs is now 10 years old and it's always been a system that if you are going to lose you had better lose early or you will drop like a stone if you lose late until this season. oklahoma, southern cal and florida lost very early in the season and were able to work their way back up the polls but texas lost late and it didn't seem to hurt them as much as it hurt every other team in the past. i know they are going about this season like they didn't lose a game but they did and they lost it late in the season and they are extremely lucky to be ahead of usc and florida who clearly look to be better at this point in the season when it matters. i thought many weeks ago that southern cal and florida would end up in the championship game but that most likely will not happen because oklahoma has played theirselves back in the top 2 and texas did not drop after losing late like they should have.

the usc - texas game was ridiculous.. i doubt there will be a game like that for a long while

i think the big 12 needs a little reforming. with tx, ttu, and ou all in the same division, they're bound to get screwed somewhere. imagine if mizzou was in that side of the conference, they wouldn't be near the finals.

the usc - texas game was ridiculous.. i doubt there will be a game like that for a long while

i think the big 12 needs a little reforming. with tx, ttu, and ou all in the same division, they're bound to get screwed somewhere. imagine if mizzou was in that side of the conference, they wouldn't be near the finals.
    the rose bowl a few years ago between the horns and trojans was a great game. the championship games between ohio state and miami also oklahoma and lsu were also very good games but the last couple have been not very intriguing to say the least.

i don't like the fact that conferences that have 2 divisions run the chance of having the best 2 or 3 or even more teams in the same division. it would be great to have the 2 top teams out of the entire conference face off for a championship game but then you still have the problem of ties. if the big12 used the same tiebreaker as the other bcs conferences than texas would have went to the conference title game because ou destroyed tech but if ou would have beaten tech by a field goal than tech would have went to the championship game. the current big12 system rewards the team with the best overall body of work and ends up ranked higher at the end of the season and not who won a game the first week of october. i love college football traditions and bowl games but the ncaa really needs to find a way for a small playoff between the best teams and keep the bowl games that everybody loves to watch.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I don't know who deserves to be in the National Championship and neither does ANYONE else! The system is screwed. However, I am glad to have Florida in there and likely Oklahoma (they're up 24-7) as they're both fun to watch with the high scoring. It just sucks we are at least 4-5 years away from getting a playoff system at the least because of contracts and sponsorships.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Half time show: That douchebag David on the left stopped throwing with like 5 seconds left. He would have won then he lost in OT. What a dumbass!

Does anyone else fell like Tech and Texas kinda got ****ed?

Does anyone else fell like Tech and Texas kinda got ****ed?
    tech yes. texas? are you kidding me? they were in a 3 way tie and rightly lost the tie breaker and they are on their way to the feista bowl. despite their crying and whining from their classless coach and fans they didn't get enough sympathy votes to get in the bcs title game. boo hoo! tech should get to play in a bcs game but because only 2 teams from an individual conference get to go they are left to play in the cotton bowl. i like when people say texas got screwed (almost all forget to mention tech) but they are not smart enough to have the information to back up their opinion. in a 3 way tie what do you look at? how about schedule but if there is anything else let me know. look at all 3 teams schedules and where the opponents are currently ranked and i assure you there is no debating who played the MUCH tougher schedule and breezed though it i might add minus the one loss so early in the season i forgot the date but i assure you all 3 teams lost a game so that loss is mute. not only did texas not get ****ed but they are so very lucky that they played the sooners early in the season and when they had impact player(s) injured.

Point taken on Texas I just wish there was a better game out there for them. I would personally rather just see them play USC or even a Tech rematch. I feel like PSU is not on the same level as USC and some of the other top tier teams. I guess we can thank my Ducks for not allowing a PSU vs. OSU Rose Bowl. God, its times like this when I wish we could just have a playoff system.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    ESPN heavily favors all that is Boston, they're based in Conn

really? Seems they generally give love where it's due

really? Seems they generally give love where it's due
    I only really watch ESPN during baseball season and it seems like all they really cover is Boston and the Yankees

ClubberLangsUncle is offline Junior Member
    ESPN is gettin like MTV, useless, I cant even watch it or listen to it anymore, all the good personalties left.

dude come on Espn hAs dozens of great personalities. Who out there has better? The Best Damn Sports Show? Those guys are a joke

dude come on Espn hAs dozens of great personalities. Who out there has better? The Best Damn Sports Show? Those guys are a joke
    i love mike and mike! espn has some good "personalities" but they have alot of guys that have agendas and really come off sounding like dummies when they speak particularly concerning college football.

ClubberLangsUncle is offline Junior Member
    Get a xm-radio and listen to what they have, Dan Patrick, Mad Dog, Tony Kornhiser, etc...MLB, Golf, Hockey and Football all have there own stuff so you can switch it up, your not a slave to 50 anaylists saying the same thing everyday.
    Mike and Mike are ok, but The herd blows, eric kasilusas makes me choke, Van Pelt is decent, but thats it, how many times can you talk about the same football game in one week, way to much football overkill

i agree that there is much better stuff out there but I still think there are some really good guys on ESPN. I absolutely love Chris Berman. Keyshawn and Cris Carter are annoying as hell though

Thread Information