palme is offline Rosie Member

Why is it called football?

I mean they carry the ball in the hands...

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Because you are on foot the whole time ??

They seem to lie down in a big pile most of the time

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I think the name was stolen from European football, which North Americans know as soccer. Or maybe its in honor of the underrated team kicker...who usually happens to be European. Blame Europe for the bad name.

PushButton is offline New Member
    nuke, why ask why? just enjoy the sport you brainiac, lol

TeenPL is offline Banned
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    I think the name was stolen from European football, which North Americans know as soccer. Or maybe its in honor of the underrated team kicker...who usually happens to be European. Blame Europe for the bad name.
    I don't recall any European kickers, please enlighten me.

Originally posted by TeenPL
    I don't recall any European kickers, please enlighten me.
    Actually, I think Sebastian Janikowski (Poland) is the only European kicker in the NFL right now. I made the joke because of the number of european soccer players that NFL teams have tried to turn into kickers.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    its kinda funny, because if u ask someone on a pro football team they will tell u that the kicker is not part of the team, but u can kinda understand that point of view, of course there's alot of kickers who jokingly say there not part of the team too. Of course its hard to say this if u watched vinateri the last superbowl.

I didn't know that NFL teams looked to europe for kickers, i guess it makes sense though. Can u name any european soccer players recruited for the NFL? janikowski played football in one of those florida schools for a while but he is originally from poland like u said, but not recruited by the NFL. I guess its just hard for me to imagine the NFL trying to recruit someone who is already a pro soccer player in europe.

TeenPL is offline Banned
    It doesn't matter if you're European or American, or Chinese. Kicking a soccer ball is much different from a football. I know, i played soccer. I had to quit playing when i started kicking cause it was too difficult adjusting to each technique. Now i kick for a d1 school and all it takes is a little talent and practice.
    Kickers aren't a part of the team because they alienate themselves. They usually don't like to hit(pussies), so they automatically lose respect.

It doesn't matter if you're European or American, or Chinese. Kicking a soccer ball is much different from a football.
    Many kickers adapt their soccer skills into kicking skills. Ever hear of a "soccer-style kicker"?
    Kickers aren't a part of the team because they alienate themselves. They usually don't like to hit(pussies), so they automatically lose respect.
    Kickers don't hit because often they're told not to. Think about it. You've got one guy on your roster than can do his job...what if he gets injured? Calling them pussies is a total lack of respect considering these guys can win or lose football games. As far as automatically losing respect...players want to win, and they'll base respect on how well the kicker KICKS the ball.

If you judge a kicker's toughness by comparing him to the other players, you're doing it all wrong. I dress nice for work and don't do anything physical on the job, but that doesn't mean I couldn't kick some lumberjack's ass...I just don't get the opportunity to do so.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    Many kickers adapt their soccer skills into kicking skills. Ever hear of a "soccer-style kicker"?Kickers don't hit because often they're told not to. Think about it. You've got one guy on your roster than can do his job...what if he gets injured? Calling them pussies is a total lack of respect considering these guys can win or lose football games. As far as automatically losing respect...players want to win, and they'll base respect on how well the kicker KICKS the ball.

If you judge a kicker's toughness by comparing him to the other players, you're doing it all wrong. I dress nice for work and don't do anything physical on the job, but that doesn't mean I couldn't kick some lumberjack's ass...I just don't get the opportunity to do so.

Excellent point. Defense and offense don't win games. Special teams do. I consider the kicker to be just a s important as a QB. In a game where field position is a deciding factor in 90% of the games, the kicker will become your best friend when the offense can make it 60yds down the field and get stuck.
    Take a look at the Houston Texans, Kris Brown has been the deciding factor in 3 of the four wins they've had this year because the offense isn't experienced in playing together in the NFL.

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member
    i dont know why its called football i just know its tuogher than frickin rugby!!

Originally posted by maguilagorilla
    i dont know why its called football i just know its tuogher than frickin rugby!!
    LOL you again

Originally posted by palme

LOL you again
    i just got a part time job, so i have plenty of time and as long as im on this board i will haunt all of you rugby "playa haters"

*hides behind a weight tree*

Originally posted by palme
    *hides behind a weight tree*
    doh! busted!! youll never know when ill just jump out and scream"aha! football tuogher than rugby!!muuaaahhhaaaa!!!

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    oh fuck ohh fuck someone get me my prozac cause im gonna bust a nut listening to maguila LOL.....HITMAN

Thread Information