EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Favorite sports story of 2002?

Mine was the Canadian Men's and Women's hockey teams winning the gold medals at the Olympics...and the party that followed.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Emmit with the record hands down

Big_Dippin is offline Associate Member
    I have a few. Ohio State pulls of the upset, Emmitt and the record, Lance Armstrong wins again, the Lakers 3 peat!

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Mine was that basketball clip where the guy punches the other guy in the nuts during play. US college ball I think but I can't remember exactly. What was the guy thinking? Did he honestly think he'd pull that off on national television? Oh well an A for effort in my book, lol.

saboudian is offline Senior Member

Re: Favorite sports story of 2002?

Originally posted by EXCESS
    Mine was the Canadian Men's and Women's hockey teams winning the gold medals at the Olympics...and the party that followed.
    Heh too bad the US is slowly stealing your sport, looks like about the only canadian teams that are going to be staying there are going to be montreal and toronto. Looks like rest might have to move like previous canadian teams will with bankruptcy problems and all that. The fact that Canadian owners have to pay players in US currency really F*** em over.

I'd say U.S men's world cup soccer team was spectacular in the tournament. Of course the pats beating the rams in big game last year has to be up there. I'd say vick beatin the GB at home in the playoffs was huge too, but probably not story of the year.

Sorry, but i don't consider Emmitt's record breaker that great, i still don't beleive he is one of the greats in the game even with the record.

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    I'll have to go with Excess about the Canadian Olympic Gold medals in ice hockey. Emmit breaking the record was pretty good also

David B. is offline Member
    Michael Schumacher clinching the F1 driver's championship two months before the end of the season.

--dnb

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Sorry, but i don't consider Emmitt's record breaker that great, i still don't beleive he is one of the greats in the game even with the record.
    I agree totally. I think Emmit was a very average running back who was behind the right offensive line at the right time.

Ocnorb36 is offline Junior Member
    Saboudian, wrong again. First, the US is not slowly stealing hockey from Canada. How can they? Half of the NHL players are from Canada. Hockey in Canada is not a sport, it's a cult. You can't ever take that. Second, it's not US currency that is killing hockey in Canada it's Canadian taxes bro. Montreal paid 25million in taxes last year while most of the teams below the 49th parallel paid 25K. Unless they structure NHL revenue to supplement taxes there will be no hockey in Canada. Enough said.

Biggest story in sports 2002?? The Angels winning the World Series and the Pats victory over the Rams.

Oc

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by chicamahomico
    Mine was that basketball clip where the guy punches the other guy in the nuts during play. US college ball I think but I can't remember exactly. What was the guy thinking? Did he honestly think he'd pull that off on national television? Oh well an A for effort in my book, lol.
    I remember seeing that.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    The "Sharpie"

palme is offline Rosie Member
    DIF winning the Swedish championships in soccer.

And something that i forgot 10 minutes after it happend. Belarus beating Sweden in the olympics...i dont watch hockey anymore!

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    "The Sharpie" was the shit!

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    Coy Detmer getting carted off the field and everyone on his team and the opposing team running out on the field to pat him on the back. He had been in the NFL for 6 seasons and had never started a game before that evening when he got his first win.

Big_Poppa1982 is offline New Member
    Emmitt breaking the record was awesome, but I have to give it to Robert Horry's game winning 3 in game 4, and the Lakers going on to win their 3rd straight title.

P.s. The Sharpie was the shit! I also liked when he grabbed the cheerleaders pompoms and started dancing.

sitnbakwrds is offline New Member
    Who cares. It is 2007 now. Just trying to get my posts in.

sitnbakwrds is offline New Member
    Whatever....

Thread Information