Thread: Carl Lewis

palme is offline Rosie Member

Carl Lewis

Have you guy´s heared? He was caught 3 times during 1988 for illegal substances in his body. This is the same time that he got the gold medal from Ben Johnson who was caught with steroid use .

Wierd huh?

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator

Re: Carl Lewis

Originally posted by palme
    Have you guy´s heared? He was caught 3 times during 1988 for illegal substances in his body. This is the same time that he got the gold medal from Ben Johnson who was caught with steroid use .

Wierd huh?
    Nope...no surprise at all. I'm sure the top sprinters today have positive tests as well. It's not even a matter of whether they use or not...it's a matter of how good thier National Teams, Coaches, trainers and handlers are at hiding it. Anybody who thinks that sprinters are drug free is either very naieve or very dumb.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    The difference is Carl Lewis will be remembered as a hero and Ben Johnson will be remembered as a disgrace. I think we all know who the top sprinter of the 80's was.

Originally posted by EXCESS
    The difference is Carl Lewis will be remembered as a hero and Ben Johnson will be remembered as a disgrace. I think we all know who the top sprinter of the 80's was.
    The 80's and 90's. Nobody touched his 9.79 until a couple years ago.

demetri is offline Member
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    Plus he did it on a relatively small amount of winstrol compared with what's being used by many. No GH either from what I understand.

TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member
    ben was on much more than just a little winstrol . he made huge gains, esp in the weightroom in a small period of time. he was doing crazy reps and weight. he weight close to 170 and was squatting 600 in reps and could clean like 300+ lbs a little winstrol my ass, lol. ben johnson was a 10.1 sprinter AT BEST without drugs.

Originally posted by TestTubeBaby
    ben was on much more than just a little winstrol. he made huge gains, esp in the weightroom in a small period of time. he was doing crazy reps and weight. he weight close to 170 and was squatting 600 in reps and could clean like 300+ lbs a little winstrol my ass, lol. ben johnson was a 10.1 sprinter AT BEST without drugs.
    So the fact that Carl Lewis tested positive on 3 seperate occasions thatyear would indicate that he was a 10.8 sprinter AT BEST since Ben beat him by .07 seconds. Funny thing...Ben was still not using the quality of drugs (GH) or amount of drugs that guys like Mo Green, and Tim Montgomery are using today. So I guess that means that Maurice Greene would be a 10.3 sprinter AT BEST without drugs.

Bottom line is this....it's all about the benjamins baby!!! American advertisers and the American media love the hype of laying claim to the worlds fastest man and woman and they cannot stand it when some other country holds the title. After 1996 Olympics in Atlanta the American media claims Micheal Johnson is "The Worlds Fastest Man" even though Donovan Baily won the gold in the 100m and set a new world record. "Oh yes, but Johnson won gold in the 200m AND the 400m" Funny, becasue as I recall Bailey won gold in the 4x100 as well. On the other hand the media was quick to pronounce Gail Devers as the fastest woman in the world even though Marie-Josee Perec of France duplicated Johnsons accomplishment of winning the 200m and 400m events. Even when Johnson, who was trailing badly, pulled up laim :rolleyes" in the much hyped 150m race against Donovan, the unofficial title still stayed with Micheal Johnson. For the record I have nothing against Micheal Johnson and feel he was one of, if not THE, best track athletes I have ever watched.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Originally posted by Pete235

So the fact that Carl Lewis tested positive on 3 seperate occasions thatyear would indicate that he was a 10.8 sprinter AT BEST since Ben beat him by .07 seconds. Funny thing...Ben was still not using the quality of drugs (GH) or amount of drugs that guys like Mo Green, and Tim Montgomery are using today. So I guess that means that Maurice Greene would be a 10.3 sprinter AT BEST without drugs.

Bottom line is this....it's all about the benjamins baby!!! American advertisers and the American media love the hype of laying claim to the worlds fastest man and woman and they cannot stand it when some other country holds the title. After 1996 Olympics in Atlanta the American media claims Micheal Johnson is "The Worlds Fastest Man" even though Donovan Baily won the gold in the 100m and set a new world record. "Oh yes, but Johnson won gold in the 200m AND the 400m" Funny, becasue as I recall Bailey won gold in the 4x100 as well. On the other hand the media was quick to pronounce Gail Devers as the fastest woman in the world even though Marie-Josee Perec of France duplicated Johnsons accomplishment of winning the 200m and 400m events. Even when Johnson, who was trailing badly, pulled up laim :rolleyes" in the much hyped 150m race against Donovan, the unofficial title still stayed with Micheal Johnson. For the record I have nothing against Micheal Johnson and feel he was one of, if not THE, best track athletes I have ever watched.
    I dont care whos the fastest man. Not a good title with the ladies hehe

Didnt Michael set a WR in 200m during the 96 olympics aswell?
    And for that 150m media thing...Michael got hurt about 4 steps after Donovan owned him So lame!

yea, michael was also on drugs to run a superhuman 19.32. and no carl wasn't a 10.8 sprinter at best. u cant argue w/ me on this subject bud. carl peaked late in HS and into college, he had ALOT of natural ability and FLAWLESS form. he lived and breathed track, his parents were coaches. carl was 18-19 yrs old jumping 28+ft and run 10 flat and prob under at the same age. and you're telling me he was already on GH and cycles right out of HS? riiiiight buddy, riiiight. i'm not a big fan of carl lewis, nor am i fan of ben johnson, but im smart enough to know who had more genetic potential, easily carl lewis. any1 can tell you that.

yea, michael was also on drugs to run a superhuman 19.32. and no carl wasn't a 10.8 sprinter at best. u cant argue w/ me on this subject bud. carl peaked late in HS and into college, he had ALOT of natural ability and FLAWLESS form. he lived and breathed track, his parents were coaches. carl was 18-19 yrs old jumping 28+ft and run 10 flat and prob under at the same age. and you're telling me he was already on GH and cycles right out of HS? riiiiight buddy, riiiight. i'm not a big fan of carl lewis, nor am i fan of ben johnson, but im smart enough to know who had more genetic potential, easily carl lewis. any1 can tell you that.
    Bottom line is Carl used drugs, just like every other sprinter out there, and he got his ass handed to him on a spoon on the biggest stage in the world...the Olympics!!! PERIOD...end of discussion!! Ben proved that he was a better sprinter (and did it more than that one time). Ben Johnson ran the fastes 100m in history and nobody even came close to that mark for 10 years!! To say that Ben was using more drugs or less drugs is semantics...AAS can only help so much, it's not a case of the more you take the exponentially faster you become...and to say "Well, he's a better natural because he uses less drugs" is not only ignorant but downright stupid! Carl got whooped...BIG TIME!! Then, when Ben's test came back positive Carl looked the world in the eye and claimed that Ben was a cheater and that cheaters had no place in his sport, all the while he was sitting on three positive tests, and they were the only times he TESTED positive...you know that he likely ducked or beat alot of tests as well. He's a hypocrite and I have ZERO respect for him. It seem obvious that you are a fan, well that's you right, but don't expect me to give him props for being just another world class sprinter...he sure as hell is no hero or legend.

Here's how I'll always remember the 1988 100m final:

Ben Johnson ran a 9.79, the last few strides with one arm in the air.
    Carl Lewis ran a 9.92, trailing by the length of a small car.

If thats not enough, Ben Johnson is better because he didn't have stupid haircuts and never wore pastel colored shirts.

i'm obviously not a fan, because i don't like the way he carries/carried himself on and off the track. he was a sore loser and a finger pointer, and still is. but the subject i was arguing was genetic ability, and the fact still stands that carl's genetic ability surpassed ben's by great lengths. as a fan, i'm not too hot on ben or carl. the great 100m sprinter ever is mo greene, BY FAR. most consistent 100m sprinter, most sub 10s EVER. u will see that tim is a one hit wonder this season. getting a false start and the maximum allowable wind and gets a WR, what a joke! tim got his ass handed to him in mexico city the other day by a 23 yr old canadian WHITE BOY! (who goes by the name nicolas macrozonaris)

i'm obviously not a fan, because i don't like the way he carries/carried himself on and off the track. he was a sore loser and a finger pointer, and still is. but the subject i was arguing was genetic ability, and the fact still stands that carl's genetic ability surpassed ben's by great lengths. as a fan, i'm not too hot on ben or carl. the great 100m sprinter ever is mo greene, BY FAR. most consistent 100m sprinter, most sub 10s EVER. u will see that tim is a one hit wonder this season. getting a false start and the maximum allowable wind and gets a WR, what a joke! tim got his ass handed to him in mexico city the other day by a 23 yr old canadian WHITE BOY! (who goes by the name nicolas macrozonaris)
    Yep...we know who Nick is. We Canuks have to firmly hold onto any track athletes that shine on the international stage because there are so few of them . Dave Steen and Micheal Smith both medaled in the worlds in decathalon (Steen actually won a bronze at the 84 olympics I believe). Then there are Ben, Donovan and Bruny...the first two have won olympic gold as well as WC medals and two years ago Bruny pushed Mo to his limits and captured a silver behind him at the worlds. The sad thing is, all 3 of those world class athletes were born in countries other than Canada. I remember a political cartoon in the paper after Ben was stripped of gold in 88...it had 3 identicle pictures of Ben crossing the line with his hand raised...each pic had a differen't date underneath corresponding to the events leading up to the positive test. The first pic had the heading that read "Canadian Wins Gold Medal!!" The second pic said "Canadian/Jamaican suspected of drug use!" The thrid pic read "Jamaican sprinter stripped of Gold medal!!" Sad but true.

yea, donovan was also originally from jamaica, im not sure about bruny, but i think a caribbean country?

Surin was born in Haiti.

yep!

Thread Information