EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Thumbs up Wild vs. Mighty Ducks!!

This is amazing hockey! End to end, back and forth, lots of great chances and lots of great saves. Who needs the buy-a-cup teams when these two teams are far more entertaining.

I think I spoke too early. The second and third periods sucked!

zzo18 is offline Associate Member
    Excess, I went to Saturday's game here in MN...the place was electric for nearly 5 periods of hockey. After Sykora scored in the 2nd OT, you could have heard a pin drop...shock and silence. Still a great game, though. As a Wild fan, I was hoping for a different result...its still early in the series, we'll get 'um game 2.

-zzo

I've given up on this series. Hopefully Ottawa makes it out of the East, because Jersey is just as boring as the entire Western Final.

Ocnorb36 is offline Junior Member
    Excess you could not be more wrong. Playoff hockey is some of the best sports entertainment value out there. Boring??? 24 shots on goal and none getting past Brodeur is playoff hockey. You should know better than anyone that goaltending and playoff hockey are analogous. If you cannot find enjoyment from hockey this time of year I say change sports.

You want to talk about boring. Try Eastern conference basketball (New Jersey excepted). Games that rarely exceed 80 points in playoff basketball is boring.

Look for Anaheim vs Jersey for the cup. From a fan standpoint you couldn't ask for better. Two major markets providing a breeding ground for an ever expanding hockey fan base.

Oc

Originally posted by Ocnorb36
    Excess you could not be more wrong. Playoff hockey is some of the best sports entertainment value out there. Boring??? 24 shots on goal and none getting past Brodeur is playoff hockey. You should know better than anyone that goaltending and playoff hockey are analogous. If you cannot find enjoyment from hockey this time of year I say change sports.
    I'm not saying playoff hockey in general is boring. I'm a huge hockey fan and most games entertain me, but not these latest games. Great goaltending is entertaining, I'm not disputing that, but it takes a lot more to make the game exciting. To play against New Jersey and Minnesota, most teams will play a dump-and-chase style. I've always been a fan of the speed game (AKA "Oiler Hockey"), you know, a rush through the neutral zone. I think an Ottawa-Anaheim final will be 50 times better than any of the other three possible combinations.

As far as changing sports, not a chance. I'm a huge hockey fan and I know what I like. Maybe these boring games would be more entertaining if the Canadian broadcasts had the blue and red streaks behind the puck.

Thread Information