lloyd_cannon is offline Associate Member

poll d-end or linebacker?

which is more athletic postion

SMP008 is offline New Member
    linebacker

nj juice is offline Member
    Linebacker of course. Ends only have to rush, and play inside contain. Occassionally they'll drop back into coverage. Linebackers do it all, they're constantly flying around the field.

actually they have outside contain but I guess you have never heard of a pulling gaurd. alot harder to play posisiton when you lying on you back. linebackers get easier becasue alot of the time linemen have to keep them from being blocked. grant it that the backers have to be faster to cover but D-ends are like backers without the glory

my.02

i wanna play backer bad

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_cannon
    which is more athletic postion
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_cannon
    actually they have outside contain but I guess you have never heard of a pulling gaurd. alot harder to play posisiton when you lying on you back. linebackers get easier becasue alot of the time linemen have to keep them from being blocked. grant it that the backers have to be faster to cover but D-ends are like backers without the glory
    Why are you asking if you only want to hear one answer? If you're asking what the more athletic position is, I'd say LB for sure. It sounds like you really want to know what the harder position is, and that totally depends on a number of factors.

nj juice is offline Member
    i actually meant to say outside contain, but wrote it wrong. anyways d-ends have pulling guards, ok, how about a fullback trying to light up an inside lb on an iso- seems kinda the same.

You asked what is a more athletic position, i'd have to say lb. I do believe however that fighting in the trenches is also a hard position to play.

ok i admit

Linebacker when they get doubled alot in the offense my school runs and it would not be very fun to be them. so im going to say its about equal between middle linebacker and d-end

i would say a outside linebacker must have better hands and speed so that would probably make him more athletic having to come up and fill.

Thread Information