• Marvin Lewis is going to turn this team into SuperBowl contenders

6 66.67%
  • The Bengals are going to suck no matter what

1 11.11%
  • This team can be turned around, but not under Lewis or current team owner

2 22.22%
    saboudian is offline Senior Member

Can Bengals be turned around?

Marvin Lewis named head coach of Bengals. They are 10 mil under the salary cap also. Anyone think that this team has a chance at ever being competitive if not under marvin lewis? I think it would be defying every law in every book if u had an NFL without the Bengals losing every game.

chinups Guest
    Better sign Corey.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Too bad they didn't wait a few days to pick up Mariucci.

I don't know if they can be turned around. 12 straight loosing seasons and the star of the team(Corey Dillon) is unhappy and ready to go somewhere else. Peter Warwick wont be content with staying there for long either

I say it's not only going to take some draft miracles, but those guys need a change in managment. Switch coaches-fine, switch QB's-fine, doesn't mean shit if the guy choosing them has his head up his ass.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Lewis will be fired in two years. Theres no saving the Bengals. They need to get another QB in the draft. Maybe Leftwhich or Carson Palmer. Anyways, when a expansion team comes in and has a better season then the bengals. Theres no hope for them.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Being from Cincinnati, I have been to countless disappointing games however I can still say the bengals are my team...the poor decisions that have lost us great talent to conference foes have all came from Mike Brown, who is too intelligent to hire a General Manager. The bengals will one day be on par with the team of the late 80s, but I doubt lewis will do anything for the program except become the new scapegoat for the city. I am 21 and not so sure I will see them win a super bowl in my lifetime, however WHO DEY!!!!!!!

btw, cincinnati has some of the most diehard fans in the game who come support the team embarassing season after embarassing season...can't wait to see what chaos goes on if we ever make the playoffs

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by daem
    btw, cincinnati has some of the most diehard fans in the game who come support the team embarassing season after embarassing season...can't wait to see what chaos goes on if we ever make the playoffs
    one of my friends is a huge bengals fan...i got COUNTLESS phone calls this weekend to let me know how the Bengals were beating the Chiefs...

How 'bout them Bengals??

ross3814 is offline Member
    Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by daem

right on man. cincinnati is a great sports town. being from mass. i cant say that there are many other places that back their teams like us, but cincinnati is def one of them. great to see them winning.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daem
    The bengals will one day be on par with the team of the late 80s, but I doubt lewis will do anything for the program except become the new scapegoat for the city.
    ok, i definitely have to take this back given his current level of success and how he has contributed to the program....the players actually want to play for him and represent the city. after a lackluster preseason it looked like things weren't going to be any different, however they are.

5-5 and tied for 1st place in the division with baltimore is definitely something to boast about. although the season is far from over, im going to safely predict a playoff spot given the combined losing record of rest of our opponents. this season marks the return to greatness!

the jungle is back and so are the people that can make cincinnati a horrible place for the opposition, so stop hating! WHO DEY

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    gotta give credit to lewis

Thread Information