FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member

Wladamir Klitchko? What the hell happened last night?

I forgot the Klitchko vs. Brewster fight was on last night so I didn't catch it, but I saw on ESPN that Brewster won by 5th round TKO. I can't believe this **** man. I thought Klitchko was going to be the man for a long time. All of a sudden he's gotten knocked out in 2 of his last 4 fights. From what I read, he had Brewster almost out in the 4th round, then he got caught with a left hook in the fifth round and couldn't recover. The stories I read said he was really fatigued and couldn't take a punch. Anybody who saw the fight, whats your take. I'm really pissed right now.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    2 words...

Glass jaw

His brother is goin to be the only one
    with any chance to be anything special
    He takes a good shot and even though
    he is not as skilled a boxer he has more
    heart then his little brother...

Yep!

[QUOTE=buff87]2 words...

Glass jaw

It's sad bro. Lennox Lewis had a glass jaw but he was able to not get hit very often. He beat all the big bombers, Tyson, Tua, etc. I guess Klitchko just doesn't have the boxing skills of Lewis. Brewster got his ass kicked by Clifford Ettiene, who Mike Tyson knocked out in 48 seconds. Wlad has really disappointed me. I hope his brother does better against Corrie Sanders.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    I was disappointed too...

Thought he had all the potential in the world, but if you can't take a heavyweight punch then there's no way you stand a chance...

At least Lennox took a half decent punch... Vlad half blocked the shot that got him in trouble with his forearm and still got hurt bad... He was fatigued from the round before too... So he really wasn't doing much to defend himself after getting in trouble...

[QUOTE=FRANK WHITE]
    Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    2 words...

Glass jaw

It's sad bro. Lennox Lewis had a glass jaw but he was able to not get hit very often. He beat all the big bombers, Tyson, Tua, etc. I guess Klitchko just doesn't have the boxing skills of Lewis. Brewster got his ass kicked by Clifford Ettiene, who Mike Tyson knocked out in 48 seconds. Wlad has really disappointed me. I hope his brother does better against Corrie Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    I was disappointed too...

Thought he had all the potential in the world, but if you can't take a heavyweight punch then there's no way you stand a chance...

At least Lennox took a half decent punch... Vlad half blocked the shot that got him in trouble with his forearm and still got hurt bad... He was fatigued from the round before too... So he really wasn't doing much to defend himself after getting in trouble...
    Good point Buff. I thought since he was now training with Manny Steward, that surely he wouldn't fall apart like that. How fast the mighty can fall in boxing.

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    His brother is our last hope!!!

omen78 is offline Member
    he got his ass handed to him... right when I thought he was goin to put away that no talent Brewster. His trainer said it " if he can't go six rounds with a h/w he might as well quit".

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    IMHO...he has no endurance. By the 5th round he was huffing puffing. He looked so slow. I think he focuses too much on power and not endurance. Brutal ending...I always cheer for the Ukrainian bros.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah money boss hustler is right - no endurance - I haveta think that contributes to the glass jaw - hard to take a punch when you can barely stand from exhaustion Bros

ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member
    i thought for sure he had him knocked down twice in the fourth round but the ref only counted one, yea and at the end of the 5th round that russain was standing there alking around getting slugged in the face i think he wsa cocky and fighting with his hands down and took alot of punches and then he staggered around for a well and the fell right at the end of the bell and he was how the say in friday you got knocked the **** out

Thread Information