alevok Guest

Tips before tanning

Always use tanning beds that are suitable for your skin color. Tanning length should be personalized for each individual. (especially for skin type I-II-III)

SKIN REACTION EXAMPLES

Skin type 1
    Tans little to not at all; burns easily and badly; peels. Is unable to produce significant quantities of melanin to protect from overexposure.
    People most often with fair skin, blue eyes, freckles, white unexposed skin.

Skin type2
    Burns easily and painfully; tans minimally ; peels.
    People with fair skin, blue or hazel eyes, blonde or red hair, white unexposed skin.

Skin type3
    Burns moderately; gains average tan.
    Average Caucasian, white unexposed skin.

Skin type4
    Little burning; tans easily and above average with each exposure; exhibits Immediate Pigment Darkening reaction.
    A person with light or brown skin, dark brown hair, dark eyes, unexposed skin is white or light brown

Skin type5
    Rarely burns; tans easily and significantly; always exhibits Immediate Pigment Darkening reaction.
    Brown-skinned persons, unexposed skin is brown

Skin type6
    Tans profusely, never burning ; exhibits Immediate Pigment Darkening reaction.
    Persons with black skin.

Always take off your make up before tanning

Do not use sunscreen formulas, those are suitable for open sun, use special tanning products for indoor tanning.

Always wear eye gogles, your eyelids are not as protective as eye gogles.

Some medicines may generate sensivity towards UV rays, if you are on medication read the label info.

Do not tan if you are on your period.

Do not tan after alcohol consumption.

Do not tan after epilation, peeling or waxing.

Remove your contatct lenses and jewelery before tanning.

Do not tan if you are under 16.

Always use moisturizing products to balance skin moisture.

Do not tan with an empty stomac.

Do not exceed 50 tanning sessions per year.

The interval between two sessions must be at least 48 hours.

Once a week tanning is ideal.

Happy Tanning

Sunpower Solarium
    Feel The Power of the Sun
    [email protected]

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    good tips bro

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alevok

Do not tan if you are on your period.

i never heard of that one........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Funny i just read this article at my gym today, im tanning tomorrow

alevok Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    well, when you have your period (or you are pregnant) your hormones change and your skin, nipples get more sensitive and delicate than usual, UV rays may leave spots on your skin. Take my word, stay away from tanning beds when having period.

nj juice is offline Member
    Do not tan with an empty stomac.

Do not exceed 50 tanning sessions per year.

Happy Tanning

Sunpower Solarium
    [email protected]
    Where did you get this info from? I never heard dont tan on an empty stomach. And I def don't believe once a week tanning is ideal, twice would be better and when you first start going more like 3 times a week.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nj juice
    Where did you get this info from? I never heard dont tan on an empty stomach. And I def don't believe once a week tanning is ideal, twice would be better and when you first start going more like 3 times a week.

tanning more then once a week is definlity too much.........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

alevok Guest
    I own a tanning salon and I know everything about it. People get dizzy or light headed when they tan especially in tubular tanning boots while dieting or on an empty stomac. Excess heat may cause fainting due to low sugar level in your blood.
    Too much tanning is as bad as abusing AS. You can start tanning 2-3 times a week till you reach a desired color, afterwards 1 session per week or 10 days would be sufficient. But if your tanning salon does not change bulbs regularly you may need to visit them more often. Most of my customers come back once every week and thats the way it should be. But of course your tanning salon wants you to come back as often as possible, thats good for their business but not for you. My main concern is not the money and it should not be when it comes to people's health.

tanning more then once a week is definlity too much.........
    i go like 2to 3 ties 4 if i am going away

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    ****, i'm prolly gonna die of skin cancer. I was goin once every day but i would only increase the time after 3 sessions of the same time. I would only increase by one minute when i increased. I did that for like 3 months.I could't get past 17 minutes, and I didn't get that dark. I guess i didn't give it enough recovery time beween sessions. This new place I go to is better, but some of the people are idiots. One lady said I could tan everyday. Another one said 2 times a week is enough and she was talking about the tanning process taking at least 48 hours. I believe her, not the other bitch. My progress was so **** slow goin everyday because i would keep interupting the tanning process.Some of the idiots who work there don't know ****.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Oh, and anybody have tips on not tanning the cock and balls? Cocks and balls are dark enough as it is so i usually put 45 spf lotion on them before i go in so they don't get darker. I think a penis looks dirtier and less appealing when it's darker(not that i like penises). Not to mention tanning causes premature aging and wrinkles. My penis has enough wrinkles as it is. Does anyon have any tips.
    And ladies, do you think darker penises are less appealing than lighter ones?

tt2323 is offline Junior Member
    Use the 'ol sock and stuff your cock and balls in it...works like a charm

Want2GetHuge is offline Associate Member
    I heard that! That's what I do LOL

ANABOLIX2 is offline Junior Member

I wish my wife would tan 24hrs a day when she is on hers, to get her as far a way from me as possible

Quote Originally Posted by ANABOLIX2
    I wish my wife would tan 24hrs a day when she is on hers, to get her as far a way from me as possible
    hahaha

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    Do not tan after epilation, peeling or waxing.

Remove your contatct lenses and jewelery before tanning.

Happy Tanning

Sunpower Solarium
    [email protected]
    why cant you tan after epilation? (Im sure Im the only dude on here who does it )

why must you remove your contact lenses???

and how come you should only tan once a week? I thought if you were trying to improve your tan you should go once every 2 or 3 days??

Jeremy34 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg
    why cant you tan after epilation? (Im sure Im the only dude on here who does it )

why must you remove your contact lenses???

and how come you should only tan once a week? I thought if you were trying to improve your tan you should go once every 2 or 3 days??
    I'm not sure about the first question. I'm sure there is a reason though.

As for wearing your contacts: Because tanning naturally draws moisture from the body, eyes are sometimes inconvenienced with contacts that lose moisture too. Even with protective eyewear, eyes can dry out a little. If somebody is going to tan with their contacts in, it is recommended that they use moisturizing drops prior to or just after the tanning session to prevent any temporary discomfort.

And as for tanning once a week, tanning puts you at risk for skin cancer no matter what, but the FDA guidelines suggest that a person tanning wait 48 hours between tanning sessions. Pigmentation or even sunburn may not be fully visible for 12-24 hours after tanning. If you tan again too soon, you may unintentionally burn yourself.

beefydragon is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tt2323
    Use the 'ol sock and stuff your cock and balls in it...works like a charm
    i need a really long sock for this...

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Tanning beds are not my thing, not worth the skin cancer.

Thread Information